Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2011, 09:42   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c

Hi Vishnu,

What all is being provided in the Lift Kit?

How will the kit deliver the desirable lift.

Warranty -- Guarantee
Arka I just wanted to make sure you saw the new info i have posted above. All components of the kit posted on previous page (last post). I have now answered all questions. Do you think it is worth it?

The stiffer suspension should help me not hit my underbody coming off a rock or something. The front springs right now are definitely too soft for off roading. They need to be beefed up the most.

Should I go for the underbody protection as well?

Thanks for the help.

- Vishnu

Copied info from previous page:
1. The kit actually costs 85,000. It is the most expensive kit because it requires the most parts. Second most expensive is the gypsy kit at 80,000. Comparatively the pajero, and land rover kits are less expensive - in the 55,000 to 60,000 range. He said he will waive off the installation charges for me though.

2. cannot use stock shocks as the lift comes as a kit and cannot be separated. Lift is 45 mm

3. lift is achieved by longer and stiffer springs/torsion bars in the front and larger leaf springs at the back with polyurethane bushes for a better ride. He said ride will become stiffer overall but handling will improve drastically due to less roll, and pitch. There will also be less bouncing up and down on undulations on the road.

4. Spacer Lift NOT possible for Endeavour - according to him. He said no space and something about torsion bars.

5. Warranty is the standard ironman 40,000 km / 2 years warranty. He even said that he will offer me 1 hour after fitting to decide whether I still want it or not.

6. They are also offering underbody protection that does not need to be removed to change oil, etc, for 25,000. Thinking of getting that too If I decided to get the lift.

Last edited by Endeavour333 : 15th October 2011 at 09:46.
Old 15th October 2011, 11:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Iron Man 2" Lift Kit for Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
This suspension will provide a 2 inch lift also.

1. Front and rear nitro-gas charged comfort shock absorbers(TOTAL 4NO). @ RS 21,000/-- (NOT INCLUSIVE OF LOCAL VAT)
2. FRONT UPRATED TORSION BARS (2NO). @ RS 16000/-- (NOT INCLUSIVE OF LOCAL VAT)
3. REAR UPRATED LEAF SPRINGS (2NO). @ RS 24000/-- (NOT INCLUSIVE OF LOCAL VAT)
4. REAR U-BOLT KIT @ RS 3000/-- (NOT INCLUSIVE OF LOCAL VAT)
5. POLYURETHANE SPRING BUSHS COMPLETE SET @ RS 4700/--(NOT INCLUSIVE OF LOCAL VAT)
6. GREASE-ABLE SHACKLES COMPLETE SET @ RS 6500/-- (NOT INCLUSIVE OF LOCAL VAT)
GRAND TOTAL = RS 75,200 + RS 10,528(14% VAT) =RS 85,728/--
Quote:
Arka I just wanted to make sure you saw the new info i have posted above. All components of the kit posted on previous page (last post). I have now answered all questions. Do you think it is worth it?

The stiffer suspension should help me not hit my underbody coming off a rock or something. The front springs right now are definitely too soft for off roading. They need to be beefed up the most.

Should I go for the underbody protection as well?
Hi Vishnu,

the Ironman Lift kit, will provide you with stiffer torsion bars to adjust the Front IFS for optimum lift. (Angle the Lower Arm Further down with in OEM specs, then comes the head ache of aligning the front suspension, due the change in Lower Arm geometry.)

The GC in an IFS vehicle is variable, just because your suspension is jacked up two inches, does not mean you will really or continuously have an advantage of 2 inch lift in the front.

It will be slightly better than the OEM Setup.

To get a True 2 inch Lift the Front arms and Axles/CV Joints need to be changed and those kit go into a few lakhs.

The real Drawback of the Ford Endy is

1) Front Bumper.

2) Rear Bumper

3) Low hanging diesel tank under the belly (Chassis Rails). This is the most vulnerable point.

I would suggest you address these first and then if you require go in for the Iron Man Kit.

Use the vehicle for a few more OTRs, on a variety of terrain to understand its characteristics, then tweak it.

or if possible just select the following from the Iron Man Kit

1) Front Torsion Bars

2) PU Spring Bush

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 12:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c

The real Drawback of the Ford Endy is

1) Front Bumper.

2) Rear Bumper

3) Low hanging diesel tank under the belly (Chassis Rails). This is the most vulnerable point.

I would suggest you address these first and then if you require go in for the Iron Man Kit.

Use the vehicle for a few more OTRs, on a variety of terrain to understand its characteristics, then tweak it.

or if possible just select the following from the Iron Man Kit

1) Front Torsion Bars

2) PU Spring Bush

Regards,

Arka
Thanks for the suggestions Arka. I will hold off on the lift kit for a while but do you think I should get the ironman underbody protection kit for now along with an ironman front bumper, rock sliders that attach to the front bumper, and PU spring bushes all around? Might work out to be cheaper too.
Old 15th October 2011, 13:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions Arka. I will hold off on the lift kit for a while but do you think I should get the ironman underbody protection kit for now along with an ironman front bumper, rock sliders that attach to the front bumper, and PU spring bushes all around? Might work out to be cheaper too.
Hi Vishu,

Iron Man Front Bumper/Rear Bumper and under body protection is a good idea.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 08:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5. Warranty is the standard ironman 40,000 km / 2 years warranty. He even said that he will offer me 1 hour after fitting to decide whether I still want it or not.
Boss, ask him for 1 MONTH - Its very very very difficult to decide in 1 hour that too just after fitting it as the ride characteristics will change and one would be pretty confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Vishu,

Iron Man Front Bumper/Rear Bumper and under body protection is a good idea.

Regards,

Arka
Any pics of the Bumpers?
Old 1st January 2012, 22:16   #21

Do we get lift kits for the Honda Civic? I really need some additional GC !!!
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCK
Do we get lift kits for the Honda Civic? I really need some additional GC !!!
Not from Ironman 4x4 but I'm sure you can put spacers in the coil springs to raise the GC.

Most Viewed