Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 16:03   #181
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)

@hillythar - Thanks for the response and going through the trouble of posting more interior pics for us on the thread....

hope to see more of your thar as you develop it.

also can u please pm me what the HHT cost you?

thanks, Ar.Naved.
Old 10th January 2013, 12:03   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enveee View Post
@hillythar - Thanks for the response and going through the trouble of posting more interior pics for us on the thread....

hope to see more of your thar as you develop it.

also can u please pm me what the HHT cost you?

thanks, Ar.Naved.
Hi Naved,

Will post more pics once I tinker with it a bit more, for the HHT just give a call to Prabhu at Mars Enterprises, he has been very helpful all the way from shipping and trouble shooting when we were remotely fitting it in Mohali 9to where they shipped it to). He can be reached at +91 9866994455

Cheers
Old 24th January 2013, 09:43   #183
BHPian

A quick update on the HHT, I was away travelling and my Thar with the Hyderabad hard Top was parked at home without the cover, it snowed heavily in the meanwhile.

Am happy to report that the interiors are completely dry and safe!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-img_5983-copy.jpg  

HillyThar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 13:11   #184
BHPian

Just had a thorough look at the HHT ordered by the local Mahindra dealer here for someone else. It was sent by Mr.Prabhu by transport. I was told by the dealer that he had a very pleasant and smooth experience in dealing with the hard top manufactuturer. The shipping was also very quick and well packaged.

My personal observations regarding the HHT:
- The finish of the HTT is absolutely impeccable. Cant comment on the fit as it hasnt been installed yet.
- Its really heavy and looks solid and sturdy.
- The almost glossy black outer finish looks more metal than FRP.
- The knobs and handles to operate the sunroofs look obnoxious. A big compromise on cabin aesthetics. Its also not very easy to operate. One might even get hurt on the head if the car bumps real bad.

The last point proved to be a deal breaker for me. Might not be as important for others.

Would also prefer a hardtop which is lower in profile and in which the B-pillar is visible. A well done sunroof would be a plus but not a necessity.

Overall, the HHT is an amazing piece of work. It has been developed and worked upon a lot, and the quality of the thing shows. Full marks to Mr.Prabhu and and team. But my quest for the perfect HT for Thar continues....

Ar.Naved
Enveee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 13:28   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enveee View Post
My personal observations regarding the HHT:
- The knobs and handles to operate the sunroofs look obnoxious. A big compromise on cabin aesthetics. Its also not very easy to operate. One might even get hurt on the head if the car bumps real bad.

The last point proved to be a deal breaker for me. Might not be as important for others.

Would also prefer a hardtop which is lower in profile and in which the B-pillar is visible. A well done sunroof would be a plus but not a necessity.
Ar.Naved
The knobs are chosen on 2 priorities -
  1. not have sharp edges
  2. to be able to operate even with mucky(read -slippery) hands of all sizes.
There are of-course various designs available - but Prabhu was shocked himself when a set of quality International grade knobs were costing upwards of 8000 per set.

I think the HT you've seen is the raised roof variety which is designed specifically for patrons that want to retain the stock rear seat.Post no157 shows the other option available - this doesn't cover the B-pillar.
absynthguzzler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 16:15   #186
BHPian

Longer video of the preview and installation

absynthguzzler is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 16:54   #187
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillyThar View Post
A quick update on the HHT, I was away travelling and my Thar with the Hyderabad hard Top was parked at home without the cover, it snowed heavily in the meanwhile.

Am happy to report that the interiors are completely dry and safe!
hi,

Does your HT have top opening in the rear or front?.

regards,
Rajith
Old 18th February 2013, 17:48   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Thanks for very detailed video, I like this HT 90% and this is my 2nd choice just after Italian (Italian is out of my budget ). The only thing pulling me back is, it looks very boxy from rear view (although not a deal breaker).

As you have launched 2 versions one is raised and other is open B pillar, is there any chance of new model which will be more smart from rear and will look more like Wrangler or Italian version.

I know its hard to redo all the things however believe me there are lots of people waiting for a 100% cool HT for Thar.

Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 18th February 2013 at 17:52.
Old 4th March 2013, 01:19   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Now that we are seeing the temperatures rise, I have a few questions about the Hard top.

The insides must be getting hot if parked in the open. How long does it take for the cabin to cool down? I ask this because normally in any other car, I operate the AC in fresh air mode, with all the windows rolled down slighty for about 3-5 mins to reduce the cabin temp and then put it back to recirculation mode and close the windows.

With the back openable panel (sunroof), I guess, we could do something similar. But what about the top which is totally fixed? The hot air inside has no where to go.

OR can the glass hatch be opened just a little to aide the circulation? Considering it would need the tailgate open to flip open completely?

Anyways, am interested to know what the HTT owners do for this problem?

Edit:
Wait... Well, the last resort could be to open the hatch, tailgate, operate the ac on full blast, chit chat for the next 4-5 mins and then carry on to your destination. Simple actually. Wondering why it didn't strike me earlier.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 4th March 2013 at 01:22. Reason: added
Old 4th March 2013, 16:05   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I got interested in the first part about removal of soft top. I wish there was a video explaining the DIY steps of how to remove and install the soft top.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2013 at 14:06. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
ashishy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 17:38   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
The insides must be getting hot if parked in the open. How long does it take for the cabin to cool down? I ask this because normally in any other car, I
Anyways, am interested to know what the HTT owners do for this problem?
Just rolling down the windows helps. My local fitted aircon has excessive blast and i drive with windows down for few metres, it works. Since PUs can weaken in heat over time, better to find park in shades.
vnambiar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 21:21   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil

Now, (on a bulk order of 5 numbers or plus).

1. Top end model: Rs.68,000+14.5% (tax)+Rs.7,500 (Packing & shipping), now totals to Rs. 85,360.
(If 'C' form' is provided by the buyer, a tax of 2% can be calculated instead of 14.5%) and the accumulative cost that can be arrived at for the top end model, would be Rs. 76, 860.
2. Front opening roof panel: Rs. 63,000*

3. Rear opening roof panel: Rs.63,000*

4. Fully closed (without any roof opening panels): Rs. 58,000*.

*Applicable taxes+packing & shipping.[/i]
__________________________________________________ __________________________
As the initial R&D and Production costs have been recovered by the manufacturer (Prabhu) and due to the demand the supply had to be met, hence larger production of the HT's has brought the cost down a bit more which in turn is now possible to pass on the same to the end consumer.

The previous prices above for a minimum order of 5 numbers can now be availed for a single unit.
Regards,

Last edited by aah78 : 19th March 2013 at 04:28. Reason: Quote fixed.
fazalaliadil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 22:22   #193
BHPian

Guys,

Is anybody facing similar problems with the Hyderabad hardtop

1 - cracks on the openable panels as well as the main structure

2- water leaking at the joints where the body and the hardtop meet. This is despite applying birla3m sealant thrice. It holds for 3 months tops and during heavy downpour it leaks

3 - vibration from the top especially during cold weather

4 - water leaking through the knobs used to fasten the openable panels as cracks of the outer surface is letting water percolate into the cavity between the outer and inner panel.

5 - water dripping via the rear hatch door between the rubber needing and glass

I have applied 2 tubes of araldite so far and have covered the joints with strips of stickers which I change every month as they peel

I have had the HT for close to a year now and I do not do any offroading.

Vijay
Old 25th June 2013, 06:15   #194
BHPian

Ashwin janakiram ( FB MahindraThar 4X4 page ) the owner of the Thar featured in the product video also shares the exact same problems with the HT as mentioned in the above post.
I was skeptical about the HT regarding leaks and rattles ,being a multi panel HT these problems were sure to creep up with time .
I was counting on this HT and recommended it to quite a few people .
I think the manufacturer should look into these problems and rectify it .
Old 25th June 2013, 10:35   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_k2001 View Post

5 - water dripping via the rear hatch door between the rubber needing and glass
Vijay,

1. I have the same issue as your point 5. in the last 1 week, have noticed quite a bit of water entering the rear cabin through the hatch top where the hinges are fixed and the sides where the water flow drains are located. this problem was rectified before final delivery at Prabhu's last year, but has resurfaced.

2. there is a rattle on the right end of the front panel, after the vehicle is parked in the sun for over 3 hrs. it does vanish after a while though! this is something inside the front panel. maybe the PU foam filling cracks-up in the heat and then solidifies again when cold!!!!! doesn't sound right though

3. checked for cracks this morning and didn't see any. I don't have openable panels and hence some worries don't exist:-).

Would be good if Prabhu can advice some practical remedies to everyone's benefit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks