Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2020, 09:15   #331
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomraven99 View Post
My rear glass panel of the HHT has completely separated from the frame. Luckily it did not crash to the ground. It seems to be attached to the frame by some sort of sealant . Can anyone confirm what type of sealant is it?.
Ideally a clamp/brackets should have been in place to further secure it. Wind can easily push the glass panel outwards and could result in a serious accident
Hi Tomraven,

The attached pictures is what I have taken when I did the HHT conversion in 2017. They were using this lube and the person holding this lube was applying the same in my Thar. I am not sure

I had the same problem for the side glass panel 2 years back and when I informed Prabhu, he quickly pointed to Windshield experts here in Chennai to get this fixed. Windshield experts guys removed the glass panel and applied new sealant and this is holding good so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-sealant.jpg  

SubramoniamAB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:21   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubramoniamAB View Post
They were using this lube and the person holding this lube was applying the same in my Thar. I am not sure
Thank you very much. I fixed the glass panel with a mix of silicone sealant and another rubber based adhesive{No more nails}. However I doubt it would hold again. Will try and screw some small 90 degree brackets for further stability.
The product which you mentioned appears to be imported and is not available online. Hope to buy something similar and apply a further lining from the inside.
Those with HHT please watch out for this. Repeated closure of the rear door will weaken the glass attached to the fiberglass panel and once it does it will come crashing down.
tomraven99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 13:33   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomraven99 View Post
Thank you very much. I fixed the glass panel with a mix of silicone sealant and another rubber based adhesive{No more nails}. However I doubt it would hold again. Will try and screw some small 90 degree brackets for further stability.
The product which you mentioned appears to be imported and is not available online. Hope to buy something similar and apply a further lining from the inside.
Those with HHT please watch out for this. Repeated closure of the rear door will weaken the glass attached to the fiberglass panel and once it does it will come crashing down.
Hi Tomraven,

Glad that you fixed it using alternate solutions. The above product is 'Made in Swiss'.
Old 3rd September 2020, 15:22   #334
BHPian

Has anyone got the Hyderabad Hard Top fitted on the facelifted (2015 and onwards) Thar with the slightly slanting roof? Does the HHT have the same slanting roof?

Most Viewed