Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2013, 20:09   #226
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)

I took my thar for the HTT camp the previous Sunday. After thorough inspection the verdict was to replace the HT.
I got the vehicle back from Prabhu today and my HT was replaced FOC. I would like to thank Prabhu for helping me and resolving my issues in totality. I do understand that there have been a few unpleasantries exchanged but at the end of the day it was resolved amicably and I am confident about the product as well as the manufacturer.
The fit and finish of the current model is way way better than the one I had. Apart from the quality of material and finish there have been quite a few enhancements on the rear hatch to prevent water from seeping in. I tested it and it works.
The drain pipes are far more effective with the pipes being placed higher resulting in easier cleaning and effective drainage. An additional beeding has been attached to the 3 removable panels keeping out any excess water.
The panels themselves seem to sit plush inline with the outer structure giving it a more aesthetic look and this has reduced wind noise to a large extent and I mean a large extent. The panels are far lighter now and the overall top is far lighter, I know this because of the increase in torque I get when accelerating. I might be wrong, Prabhu can confirm this.
The main structure of the top panels are a bit more curved giving the top a better fit.
An additional roof mounted brake light has been fitted which is a nice touch.
Once again I would like to thank Prabhu for his customer service.. Cheers!

Vijay
vj_k2001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 09:56   #227
BHPian

Can I install a Roll Over Bar if I want to install this hard top later?
Old 14th August 2013, 15:07   #228
BANNED

I have liked n loved the HHT but have been patiently following its development on team bhp. Can anyone please update the latest costs for the 3 types of hardtops for an individual buyer. Also hope that all problems have been rectified to everyone's satisfaction (the team) as I cannot afford to revisit Hyderabad multiple times.
Old 28th August 2013, 15:17   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlmtukkar View Post
Can anyone please update the latest costs for the 3 types of hardtops for an individual buyer.
I'm getting mine in about 10 days. Prices are the same as mentioned here
Old 10th September 2013, 15:40   #230
BHPian

Got my Thar hard-topped through Prabhu. Very happy with the way the vehicle looks now. While the cabin noise is reduced to a 'regular' vehicle and the Thar feels better planted than before, have been facing a new problem.

Great if some one can help - there appears to be a lot of cabin fumes which are sucked in through the a/c ducts but cannot find a way out now with the HT installed ( guess with the ST the few small openings would help maintain the air circulation). As a result I cannot drive the Thar for too long ( not more than 2 minutes actually) in the city without rolling down the windows as the cabin fills with fumes from other vehicles. Not sure if the problem is the same as described here (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...har-cabin.html) but is on account of an air tight cabin post the HT!
The main benefits for which I had got the HT (cabin insulation for sound and environmental elements) is becoming a headache now!
Old 10th October 2013, 20:09   #231
Senior - BHPian

What is the current price now of the improved version, I am keen on buying one with the removable roof panels.
Old 10th October 2013, 20:43   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring View Post
cabin fumes which are sucked in through the a/c ducts but cannot find a way out now with the HT installed
Do you also get the fumes in the cabin with the AC in recirculation mode? The issue described in the other thread is that of the exhaust fumes getting sucked in from the rear of the vehicle rather than from the AC ducts. If the rear of the vehicle isn't air-tight, the exhaust fumes entering through the rear is possible because the rear of the vehicle is as flat as a brick so creates a low-pressure area just behind the vehicle for the exhaust fumes to rise.

Last edited by k_nitin_r : 10th October 2013 at 20:46.
Old 17th October 2013, 00:15   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Do you also get the fumes in the cabin with the AC in recirculation mode?
Thar doesnt have a recirculation mode. The fumes are either from the a/c vents or through some small openings near the hinges of the rear door of the HT (the sealings are not perfect even in the HHT; there are small gaps where the rear door closes)
Old 17th October 2013, 13:36   #234
BHPian

Quote:
there appears to be a lot of cabin fumes which are sucked in through the a/c ducts but cannot find a way out now with the HT installed ( guess with the ST the few small openings would help maintain the air circulation). ..
Check this link . It might help you.
Edit: Particularly 5th photo, it shows the gap between the rear door and tail gate which might be a entry point for smoke.

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 17th October 2013 at 13:37.
Old 4th November 2013, 17:11   #235
BHPian

The Hard Top has undergone some minor changes.
  1. The Front panel has undergone panel modifications for enhancing water drainage and proper sealing of the open-able roof panels.

2.The rear hatch has been completely redesigned for sideways opening. This way , the only lock to be operated is the existing door lock.

Pictures for the 1st mod will be up shortly - This is because there are other modifications being done to bring down the weight of the HT considerably and the same shall be detailed out in a separate post.

Following are pictures of the sideways opening rear hatch. The slight slope in the glass hatch is to match the slope of the HT.
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20131104_160132-small.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20131104_160145-small.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20131104_160157-small.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20131104_160207-small.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20131104_160219-small.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20131104_160237-small.jpg
absynthguzzler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 23:35   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
The Hard Top has undergone some minor changes. The Front panel has undergone panel modifications for enhancing water drainage and proper sealing of the open-able roof panels. 2.The rear hatch has been completely redesigned for sideways opening. This way , the only lock to be operated is the existing door lock. Pictures for the 1st mod will be up shortly - This is because there are other modifications being done to bring down the weight of the HT considerably and the same shall be detailed out in a separate post. Following are pictures of the sideways opening rear hatch. The slight slope in the glass hatch is to match the slope of the HT.
Wow! Gr8.

The one think I like about this manufacturer is, he continuously work on feedback from customer to improve his product. Kudos!

BTW I like the split rear door, will that be available or will be discontinued.

Any chances of price going down with weight of HT :P
Thar4x4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 10:08   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
The Hard Top has undergone some minor changes.
  1. The Front panel has undergone panel modifications for enhancing water drainage and proper sealing of the open-able roof panels.

2.The rear hatch has been completely redesigned for sideways opening. This way , the only lock to be operated is the existing door lock.

Pictures for the 1st mod will be up shortly - This is because there are other modifications being done to bring down the weight of the HT considerably and the same shall be detailed out in a separate post.

Following are pictures of the sideways opening rear hatch. The slight slope in the glass hatch is to match the slope of the HT.
Thanks for the updates. Do you have any photos from the inside and has the finish improved ? More photos of all angles please. Also pricing info would be very much appreciated.

Any idea how it feels to drive with the top panels open and the windows down ? Is there any unusual noise because of the hard top panels ?
Old 5th November 2013, 10:43   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Thanks for the updates. Do you have any photos from the inside and has the finish improved ? More photos of all angles please. Also pricing info would be very much appreciated.

Any idea how it feels to drive with the top panels open and the windows down ? Is there any unusual noise because of the hard top panels ?
  1. Detailed photos will be put up by weekend.
  2. for reviews on the HT , the feedback from existing customers /members on here will guide you best .
  3. W.R.T pricing , you can call Prabhu on +91-9866994455 . Details may also be available in previous posts.
Old 5th November 2013, 10:49   #239
Senior - BHPian

It can open with one handle is fine. How can it be locked that is more important. Can a lock be fixed to be key locked from outside because obviously a normal adult is not expected to go back and lock / unlock that door lock knob on the tailgate.
Old 5th November 2013, 10:52   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Thar doesnt have a recirculation mode. The fumes are either from the a/c vents or through some small openings near the hinges of the rear door of the HT (the sealings are not perfect even in the HHT; there are small gaps where the rear door closes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Do you also get the fumes in the cabin with the AC in recirculation mode? The issue described in the other thread is that of the exhaust fumes getting sucked in from the rear of the vehicle rather than from the AC ducts. If the rear of the vehicle isn't air-tight, the exhaust fumes entering through the rear is possible because the rear of the vehicle is as flat as a brick so creates a low-pressure area just behind the vehicle for the exhaust fumes to rise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Check this link . It might help you.
Edit: Particularly 5th photo, it shows the gap between the rear door and tail gate which might be a entry point for smoke.
This issue has been resolved with the new sideways opening hatch design . Photos posted above clearly show the same.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks