Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2013, 10:57   #241
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
It can open with one handle is fine. How can it be locked that is more important. Can a lock be fixed to be key locked from outside because obviously a normal adult is not expected to go back and lock / unlock that door lock knob on the tailgate.
It may not be universal, but most THAR owners are opting for central locking on their vehicles. This negated the need for having an accessible mechanical locking/unlocking facility on the rear door.
Old 19th November 2013, 15:21   #242
Senior - BHPian

I am interested in buying a Hyderabad hard top with panels. Question is where to get it installed here and would like to get a central locking kit installed as well.
Old 12th December 2013, 22:53   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
The Hard Top has undergone some minor changes.

The Front panel has undergone panel modifications for enhancing water drainage and proper sealing of the open-able roof panels.

2.The rear hatch has been completely redesigned for sideways opening. This way , the only lock to be operated is the existing door lock.

Pictures for the 1st mod will be up shortly - This is because there are other modifications being done to bring down the weight of the HT considerably and the same shall be detailed out in a separate post.

Following are pictures of the sideways opening rear hatch. The slight slope in the glass hatch is to match the slope of the HT.
This is brilliant. I'm wondering if this rear door can be fixed with the existing installation... I hope so. This would really help.
Old 12th December 2013, 23:32   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
This is brilliant. I'm wondering if this rear door can be fixed with the existing installation... I hope so. This would really help.
Yes it can. That was part of the design change mandate . To offer the option to older customers too.

At the end of the day , this HHT has been an off-shoot of ideas and concepts from forum members contributions too.

EDIT : my earlier comments on the weight reduction of the HT proved to be false . what we initially thought would reduce the weight , also contributed to an increase of metal inserts ....... thereby negating any weight reduction

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 12th December 2013 at 23:37.
absynthguzzler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 11:50   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Yes it can. That was part of the design change mandate . To offer the option to older customers too.

At the end of the day , this HHT has been an off-shoot of ideas and concepts from forum members contributions too.
Thanks for the clarification absynthguzzler. Sounds like an another trip to Hyderabad is coming soon.
Old 16th December 2013, 19:43   #246
BHPian

Changes to the HT are as follows
  1. Front Opening Hatch design changed - No drain holes required anymore. The drain holes entry and levelling was causing an issue for some customers , so this has been rectified in the latest version
  2. Swing Open rear door - Pictures say it all .
  3. No PU Puff between inner and outer shell - Ceramic Blankets are used instead . This allows for even finish without burdening the shells with pressure. If i recall , the material is also Fire Proof.
  4. Superior Paint finish as a result of the above changes in manufacturing
  5. Prabhu has also developed fibre wheel-arches.
and now for the pictures,

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-11.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-15.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht16.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-t1.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-t2.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ff4.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-6.jpg
absynthguzzler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 19:45   #247
BHPian

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-12.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-21.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-14.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-19.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-23.jpg
absynthguzzler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 19:48   #248
BHPian

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-dsc00153.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ff1.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ff4.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ff.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-3.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-4.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-1ht-9.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-1ht-10.jpg

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 16th December 2013 at 19:55.
absynthguzzler is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 10:27   #249
BHPian

There has been one more significant change which I didnt recollect earlier.

Please note the 2 circles drawn out in below picture.

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-15.jpg

The top portion ridge is wider than bottom. This was done to offset the slight slope of the HT against the straight fit Window and Door fitment, thereby sealing the glass completely from water trickles and wind noise.

This served to improve the HT both aesthetic and functionally.
absynthguzzler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 10:10   #250
BANNED

Hi,
It would have been nice to get a slot inside to store safely 3 roof panels when opened and driven.
Old 18th December 2013, 11:22   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Hi,
It would have been nice to get a slot inside to store safely 3 roof panels when opened and driven.
Unfortunately, each customer has different preferences when it comes to seat layouts. Hence it was difficult to have provision within the cabin without restricting the layout options.

1. Front facing seats have space behind uptill tail-gate and customers tend to use this space.

2. With side facing seats( which is stock), its difficult with the wheel-well intrusion and leg space needed for rear passengers. One option here is to have one seat used to place the panels and to use Velcro loops along the seat frame to hold them.

If a universal solution can be thought of, then surely we can impliment it. Let's have the ideas flowing.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 11:51   #252
BHPian

Got my Thar fitted with the updated HHT last weekend. The one with the sideways opening rear panel.

Wind noise still present above 70-80 kmph. I think this is mostly due to the stock door beadings which already have gaps here and there.

Left Bangalore at 4:15am on Sat, reach HYD at 2:30pm. Checked-in to the hotel next door to the workshop. Left around 1pm from HYD on Sunday and reached home at 1AM.

The hotel was booked for us by Mr Prabhu, on request. Really happy with the experience so far. I have to see how to reduce wind noise at higher speeds. While I was there, I also got the wheel covers painted matte black, as I have no plans for alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-img_20131222_103302.jpg  

datvichrox2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 16:57   #253
BHPian

Hi! The top looks quite classy and the rear part is not in the least unseemly, unlike some of the other hard tops I saw--.I am definitely planning to get this top fitted on my Thar DI ---I am based in Cochin.Will I be able to order for this and get it fitted locally.Can you mail the details to zachariahvjacob@yahoo.co.in Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 11:44   #254
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by datvichrox2 View Post
Got my Thar fitted with the updated HHT last weekend. The one with the sideways opening rear panel.

Wind noise still present above 70-80 kmph. I think this is mostly due to the stock door beadings which already have gaps here and there.

Left Bangalore at 4:15am on Sat, reach HYD at 2:30pm. Checked-in to the hotel next door to the workshop. Left around 1pm from HYD on Sunday and reached home at 1AM.

The hotel was booked for us by Mr Prabhu, on request. Really happy with the experience so far. I have to see how to reduce wind noise at higher speeds. While I was there, I also got the wheel covers painted matte black, as I have no plans for alloys.
Hi,
Your top seems old version as there are water holes on sides.
Rajith.
Old 30th December 2013, 11:55   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Hi,
Your top seems old version as there are water holes on sides.
Rajith.
Nope, Only front hatch design has been changed - due to height diff between A and B Pillar. There was never any issue with drain systems in the rear hatch.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 30th December 2013 at 11:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks