Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 23:48   #301
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)

I have been following many forums on the Thar and we finally got one in our stable a month and a half ago :-)

I am looking for a HT which will allow installation of a front roof carrier and sliding windows. Can anyone suggest a good one? Until now, the HHT seems to be the best bet, especially given the openable panels.

Thanks!
Old 21st March 2017, 07:20   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik008 View Post
I am looking for a HT which will allow installation of a front roof carrier and sliding windows.
You will need to strengthen/design the hard top to use a carrier. I am sure Prabhu (HHT) can do this for you, since each piece is individually made from the mold, you can strengthen areas were the carrier will mount.
Old 29th March 2017, 08:09   #303

Coming Friday is full of excitement for me, getting the delivery of "fiery black Thar".

I have decided to go for HT with Front-opening panels. I spoke to Mr. Prabhu, going to pay advance and schedule the installation day.
Old 11th April 2017, 14:09   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulkodinya View Post
Coming Friday is full of excitement for me, getting the delivery of "fiery black Thar".

I have decided to go for HT with Front-opening panels. I spoke to Mr. Prabhu, going to pay advance and schedule the installation day.

Hello rahulkodinya, hope you took the delivery of your Thar. I am also planning to go for the HT, so can you post few pictures in case you happened to install these.
Old 12th April 2017, 08:58   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubramoniamAB View Post
Hello rahulkodinya, hope you took the delivery of your Thar. I am also planning to go for the HT, so can you post few pictures in case you happened to install these.
Hi SubramoniamAB, Yes, I took the delivery and drove ~900 KMs so far.

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170331_135705.jpg

This weekend, I am traveling to HYD for HT installation. I will update soon on this thread.
rahulkodinya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 11:46   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Hi SubramoniamAB, Yes, I took the delivery and drove ~900 KMs so far.

Attachment 1629003

This weekend, I am traveling to HYD for HT installation. I will update soon on this thread.
Thanks rahulkodinya. Your Thar looks great!

Mine is 2014 model. I wanted to go for the sealed roof panels type. Waiting to see your post before I take a call.
SubramoniamAB is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 14:55   #307

Quote:
Thanks rahulkodinya. Your Thar looks great!

Mine is 2014 model. I wanted to go for the sealed roof panels type. Waiting to see your post before I take a call.
Pics of my Thar with HYD HT:

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170426_140133.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170426_140119.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170426_140100.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170426_140046.jpg

It has been 1500 KMs with hardtop. Cabin noise has come down significantly. It is almost like a car. No leaks at all even from the openable panels. It is adding to the looks of the vehicle. I would say it is a "must buy" for Thar. Openable panels are simply great to have. Overall, I am highly satisfied. Thanks to Mr. Prabhu and his team.

I just want to mention few scopes of improvement:

1) Wind noise appears above 80. Though not unbearable but it exists. I am not sure whether it is because of body design or related to HT.

Any BHPian is able to fix this?

2) Roof panels are not easy to remove and close. Those are heavy and takes lots of space in the cabin. With hinges and lifter support, it would have been more comfortable, I believe. Maybe its a potential seed for my DIY hunger. I recently managed to install Audio system with amp and sub myself.
rahulkodinya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 13:56   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Pics of my Thar with HYD HT:

Attachment 1635334

Attachment 1635335

Attachment 1635336

Attachment 1635337

It has been 1500 KMs with hardtop. Cabin noise has come down significantly. It is almost like a car. No leaks at all even from the openable panels. It is adding to the looks of the vehicle. I would say it is a "must buy" for Thar. Openable panels are simply great to have. Overall, I am highly satisfied. Thanks to Mr. Prabhu and his team.

I just want to mention few scopes of improvement:

1) Wind noise appears above 80. Though not unbearable but it exists. I am not sure whether it is because of body design or related to HT.

Any BHPian is able to fix this?

2) Roof panels are not easy to remove and close. Those are heavy and takes lots of space in the cabin. With hinges and lifter support, it would have been more comfortable, I believe. Maybe its a potential seed for my DIY hunger. I recently managed to install Audio system with amp and sub myself.
Thank you rahulkodinya. The HT looks fantastic!

Few more questions.

1. How long did it take to fix the HT? Can they do it over weekend?
2. Based on the HHT website, they are continuously improving the design, so is this the latest design?
3. How is the fit and finish and is there any panel gaps?
4. Does it have a lock for the back panel or is it relying on the traditional lock of Thar.
5. I have the Mahindra roll bar fitted internally and I think I may have to remove that if I am opting for the HT. Is there a HT that can accommodate the roll bar also? I know this one is a weird request
Old 4th May 2017, 14:18   #309

Quote:
Thank you rahulkodinya. The HT looks fantastic!

Few more questions.

2. Based on the HHT website, they are continuously improving the design, so is this the latest design?
4. Does it have a lock for the back panel or is it relying on the traditional lock of Thar.
5. I have the Mahindra roll bar fitted internally and I think I may have to remove that if I am opting for the HT. Is there a HT that can accommodate the roll bar also? I know this one is a weird request

>> In my case, it took 6 hours. I got it done on Saturday. Though not sure if they operate on Sunday as well.

>> I guess so. They had listed all available designs in the Word Document which they shared over email.

>> There are small gaps between panels but had been filled with glue from outside and Inside. Looks good overall.

>> Rear panel doesn't have any lock. It sits on the rear door.

5. I have the Mahindra roll bar fitted internally and I think I may have to remove that if I am opting for the HT. Is there a HT that can accommodate the roll bar also?
>> IMO roll bar needs to be removed. HT sides take close to half-an-inch of space from inside. In fact bench seats cannot be fixed in the original slots. They drilled new holes to fit the seats and sealed the older one with glue.
rahulkodinya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 16:56   #310
BHPian

Quote:
>> In my case, it took 6 hours. I got it done on Saturday. Though not sure if they operate on Sunday as well.

>> I guess so. They had listed all available designs in the Word Document which they shared over email.

>> There are small gaps between panels but had been filled with glue from outside and Inside. Looks good overall.

>> Rear panel doesn't have any lock. It sits on the rear door.

5. I have the Mahindra roll bar fitted internally and I think I may have to remove that if I am opting for the HT. Is there a HT that can accommodate the roll bar also?
>> IMO roll bar needs to be removed. HT sides take close to half-an-inch of space from inside. In fact bench seats cannot be fixed in the original slots. They drilled new holes to fit the seats and sealed the older one with glue.
Thanks rahulkodinya! I know this is coming up now after long time. Sorry.

One more question. How is it holding up in rains? Did you find any leakage?

I am travelling this Friday to Hyderabad from Chennai and fixing the completely sealed one Saturday. Planning to take some photos and will upload later here.

In touch with Prabhu and he is quite helpful as ever.
Old 16th August 2017, 14:26   #311
BHPian

Finally, My 2014 Thar with HHT. Travelled from Chennai on 11th August and left the Thar with Prabhu on 12th Saturday. I also opted for the double-shackle after taking a test drive of another Thar there. Prabhu himself drove first and then let me do it. I was quite impressed with the ride quality and hence opted for it.

Few photos of my Thar.

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170813_112500.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170813_112507.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170813_112516.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170813_112523.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170813_112527.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170813_112635.jpeg

A photo with the man behind HHT.

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170813_101854.jpeg

The beast in the background is his RFC vehicle.
SubramoniamAB is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 14:33   #312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Finally, My 2014 Thar with HHT. Travelled from Chennai on 11th August and left the Thar with Prabhu on 12th Saturday. I also opted for the double-shackle after taking a test drive of another Thar there.
Looking good! Would you have pictures of the double shackle being referred here? And your review on the ride after the mod please?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 09:10   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Looking good! Would you have pictures of the double shackle being referred here? And your review on the ride after the mod please?
Here it is Jaggu. The passengers on the back were not tossed around this time and it was more planned drive. In fact one guy came sleeping in the back seat most of the time. There is a remarkable difference in the handling part.

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170818_080902.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170818_080910.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170818_080933.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170818_081006.jpeg
SubramoniamAB is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 10:46   #314
Team-BHP Support

Thanks! Helper spring leafs, now i got it. How much are these for the Thar? Have heard about them for a while. Used to be known as Janaiah springs

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-v...ml#post2351206 (MM550 Army to Civilian Makeover by JeepCaptain)
Old 19th August 2017, 10:30   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thanks! Helper spring leafs, now i got it. How much are these for the Thar? Have heard about them for a while. Used to be known as Janaiah springs

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-v...ml#post2351206 (MM550 Army to Civilian Makeover by JeepCaptain)
okay. Thanks for the above link. This was quite informative.

This cost me 20K. I think there is a slight increase in the GC part because of this.
SubramoniamAB is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks