Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2012, 14:48   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Places to buy 4x4 stuff abroad

Want to buy offroading stuff in India? Check this thread out

Many times we travel abroad and would love to shop for 4x4 stuff which we do not get in India.

The aim of this thread is to put of names of shops that you have bought from and your experience with them.

I've recently bought stuff from bangkok and dubai and shall put down their details.

BANGKOK

Name of store: VVP 4x4 Center

Address: 58/166 Srinakarin Road Suanluang Bangkok 10250. Show room Tel 0-2721-3161-5, Office Tel 0-2320-2207-9, Fax 0-2321-4713

My Review:

Found the place via the internet. Easy to find and is quite close to the airport. Stocks most of the parts and the sales staff do understand english.

Ofcourse most of the parts bolt on for their local vehicles which will not fit our jeeps without mods and are best avoided.

The accessories are very well priced.

They have a huge collection of lights, jacks, winches, suspensions, tyres, wheels, bumpers, etc.

An offroader can spend a full day there.

Behind is their workshop and many beautiful vehicles are modified and displayed there including wranglers, samurais and fortuners.

Prices are reasonable and if you buy a lot of items, they do give you a 15% discount.

If you buy lots of stuff, ask and they will give you nice free caps and sew on patches.

Highly recommended place.

Do remember to ask for a VAT refund form from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Places to buy 4x4 stuff abroad-111.jpg  

Places to buy 4x4 stuff abroad-222.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 22nd January 2012 at 15:12. Reason: Nice thread. Adding link to Indian thread. Thanks
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 15:01   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Places to buy 4x4 stuff abroad

DUBAI

Name of store: Advanced Expedition Vehicles

Address: Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Al brashy Building, Store #4 Tel +971 4 330 71 52 Fax +971 4 330 71 62. Landmark: Near Noor Islamic Metro Station

Website: 4x4 Accessories - 4x4 Parts - Off road Accessories - 4 Wheel Drive Dubai - UAE - Aev.ae

Review:

Nice store. Not as big as the bangkok one though. Suggested by bhpian Shibu. Managed by nice Mallu fellow (Sajjan) who is very helpful and does give a discount as well.

Has a workshop a few blocks down where most of the products are stored and vehicles are customized.

Sajjan gives good advice and tells you what to buy and what not to buy.

If you check the website, you will see a lot of products, but 30% were not available when i went. Best would be to drop them an email to confirm.
Attached Thumbnails
Places to buy 4x4 stuff abroad-aev.jpg  

Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:57   #3
AVR
BHPian

One from my end:

Bay Area, California, USA

Store Site

What you'll get:
Lots of options for Jeeps usually the Wranglers. Can help with getting parts for the CJ5-6-7 also. What's not available in-store can be made available for pickup soon.

What I bought: Inclinometers, Jeep-branded knick-knacks

It was my first experience with a 4wd shop and it was like a kid in a candy shop. The sales guys were helpful and asked about the vehicles in India as they never had an Indian customer before! Was quite keen to know about the Mahindra Jeeps. Had enquire about the diff-locks for my Jeep there but carrying it back was a pain so some other day.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 12:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently traveled to South Africa on vacation. Had an opportunity to visit a local store in Cape Town.

Name of Store: 4x4 Mega World

Address:
55 Section Street
Paarden Eiland
Cape Town
richard@oldmanemu.co.za
+27 21 511 3311
+27 21 511 3350

Review:
A huge store but again as most of the stores abroad, they don't cater to Indian Jeeps. THe first question they ask you is what jeep you have. As soon as you mention the Mahindra or even talk about the old CJ, they say they don't have stuff for you. Thus, that leaves you to browse generic accessories.

Same issue here. Lots of stuff for the wranglers and jimnys but very limited generic stuff. If you are more into camping, etc then this store is a wet dream for you though.

Friendly people (all of africa, i have only met friendly and helpful people) and you can pick up as many free stickers for your 4x4 as you want. ARB, etc type of brand stickers.

Timings: 10 to 5pm and shut on Sundays. Saturdays are half days.

No bargaining but you can claim VAT back at the airport. SA airports will check every item purchased unlike some other airports. Lines are long, so please go early.

Some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Places to buy 4x4 stuff abroad-photo-160312-9-22-26-pm.jpg  

Places to buy 4x4 stuff abroad-photo-160312-9-23-08-pm.jpg  

Places to buy 4x4 stuff abroad-photo-160312-9-24-19-pm.jpg  

Places to buy 4x4 stuff abroad-photo-160312-9-25-09-pm.jpg  

Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 13:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
One from my end:

Bay Area, California, USA

Store Site

What you'll get:
Lots of options for Jeeps usually the Wranglers. Can help with getting parts for the CJ5-6-7 also. What's not available in-store can be made available for pickup soon.

What I bought: Inclinometers, Jeep-branded knick-knacks

It was my first experience with a 4wd shop and it was like a kid in a candy shop. The sales guys were helpful and asked about the vehicles in India as they never had an Indian customer before! Was quite keen to know about the Mahindra Jeeps. Had enquire about the diff-locks for my Jeep there but carrying it back was a pain so some other day.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Adi
Just wanted to add a little more info to this. This store name is 4Wheel Parts. It is a national chain and the biggest of all they have several online fronts that cater to various needs. They also have a whole sale business that caters to smaller shops and mechanics directly.
Their south central warehouse and one of the biggest one is in Dallas, Texas and their regional manager and the store manager are very good friends. I have known them for 4 years very helpful people.
They have many generic items that can be used on any 4x4 vehicles at the best prices possible. Items such as recovery gear, tow straps, winches, offroad lights etc can be used on any vehicles.
Gujarati is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 17:04   #6
BHPian

Re: Places to buy stuff for Off-Roading/4x4 in India

I have a small query for the Jeep experts and Gurus. I will be visiting japan in a couple of weeks(Tokyo). i wanted to know if there is any offroading stuff that i can buy there. I have already sourced an inclinometer. I am looking at accessories for the Thar.
Thanks a ton in advance
Old 13th July 2017, 18:01   #7
BHPian

Time to resurrect an old thread!

I am not a hard-core offroader, but would like to keep some recovery equipment in my XUV500 AWD for a "just in-case" moment.

Cannot justify paying INR12K for sand ladders and was thinking of this: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-W...2&t_pn=RPP7702

Would this do the job for sand or mild slush? Would a pair be sufficient? Someone is flying in from US this month end, so I could ship it to them and have them carry it for me.
Old 13th July 2017, 18:57   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Would this do the job for sand or mild slush? Would a pair be sufficient? Someone is flying in from US this month end, so I could ship it to them and have them carry it for me.
Yes these should work for emergencies, or you can just keep two large planks inside the car, works fine. Check how heavy are these, to be carried as checked in.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 19:27   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes these should work for emergencies, or you can just keep two large planks inside the car, works fine. Check how heavy are these, to be carried as checked in.
Do I need to do something to the planks to create a texture? or simple planks are fine. Also found an option on aliexpress for the convenience of having stuff shipped to me direct. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs...a-78db440333e6
Old 13th July 2017, 20:12   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Do I need to do something to the planks to create a texture? or simple planks are fine. Also found an option on aliexpress for the convenience of having stuff shipped to me direct.
Some texture would help, FYI a good set of thick rubber mats can also be used at emergency situation. Idea is to have grip and spread the force on the tyre around. Ali express one am not sure of the quality though and with shipping cost would be more than the ones your posted right?

Rubber mats demo:
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 21:03   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ali express one am not sure of the quality though and with shipping cost would be more than the ones your posted right?

Rubber mats demo:
http://Youtu.be/k4k60Ebgqi0
The ali express one includes free shipping. Though I think i will go with the planks or the mat as you have linked above. Can keep it simple and save some money as I will not need it often.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks