Team-BHP - Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/120713-mahindra-thar-bimbra-frp-removable-hard-top.html)

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top.jpg

High Points

- A three piece FRP Body in Matte Black Finish.

- Piece in front can be removed individually, The whole body is the second piece, while the third piece is the rear door that opens toward the top.

- Three piece design chosen to ensure that there is no water leakage & no rattling sound.

- Dual finish; the Hardtop is 2 pieces of FRP with PU filled inside. It is not merely a single sheet of FRP.

- Rear Door can be opened from the inside, as well as the outside.

- PU inside the body ensures that the body is insulated, hence making it noise proof, weatherproof and very durable, even for offroading. It also makes the A/C inside effective.

- It requires no alteration to the original body, no cutting of the B-Pillar or any extra holes. All the fitting is made using existing holes of the Thar body.

- Designed such that even a tall person can easily sit on the back side.

- Has fixed toughened glasses on the side.

- Price : Rs. 49,500/- inclusive of installation and taxes.

Interested? Contact Taran Bimbra on 9810003704 or mantaran@gmail.com

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-1.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-2.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-3.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-4.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-5.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-6.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-7.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-8.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-9.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-10.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Bimbra FRP Removable Hard-Top-mahindra-thar-hard-top-11.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2780605)
High Points

- Piece in front can be removed individually, The whole body is the second piece, while the third piece is the rear door that opens toward the top.

GTO

Can you please post pictures with the removable portions removed??

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2780605)
- A three piece FRP Body in Matte Black Finish.

At last, here is a hard-top roof for the Thar that looks quite good and durable. The options provided by Mahindra through their customization program are just too expensive to make any sense. The fact that it is bolted straight onto the stock Thar's body instead of modifying it is only going to be an added advantage. Now I can see quite a lot of enthusiasts who were interested in the Thar but worried about the safety and durability of the soft-top going for this option. This is going to become very popular!

One thing I like about it is that it has a lot of glass window area. This gives visibility all around. It's nice to see where the deuce you are going in tight spots as well as particularly scenic areas.

What's the story on those wheels and tyres? What brand are they? They look formidable.

Definitely a very neat and tidy job, am no expert here but I felt the roof is a little bit higher, maybe aesthetically it would have looked even better if it was a wee bit lower and closer to the frame. But then again thats my opinion and maybe that is crucial to the overall structure in terms of providing adequate support, since it is fixed without making any additional holes anywhere. In the absence of any close competition and with Mahindra not providing a hard top in India, this will have many takers.

This is a great job. The safari has a bimbra bullbar, and I must say, the quality is better than what tata gives for most of the components :D

The price also looks nice, as compared to the quotes from smaller mfrs.
Hopefully with economies of scale price may drop?

This hard top really looks cool! Though I have a few questions:

1. Doesn't the drive seat have potential hazard as it has to be lifted up from back completely for the rear passengers to get in? In case of emergency braking, isn't there a possibility of the seat come off?
2. In one of the pics, where the seat has been raised up from behind, looks like there is no head restraint. Isn't that also potentially dangerous for the person occupying that seat?

Pardon my questions if they are not relevant. I do not own a Thar neither planning to purchase one anytime soon!

This is really a job well done.clap: the finish appears good. the rear body shape is little boxy but still has good body lines. nothing else like it available for the Thar in India. I have to get one for my MM 540 as soon as finances permit. Where is Mr.Taran Bimbra located?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4Roadie (Post 2795567)
This is really a job well done.clap: the finish appears good. the rear body shape is little boxy but still has good body lines. nothing else like it available for the Thar in India. I have to get one for my MM 540 as soon as finances permit. Where is Mr.Taran Bimbra located?

He is located in New Delhi Area. You can google Bimbra Industries.
They have a factory in Gurgaon(or near gurgaon), and their main shop is near Karol Bagh in west Delhi.

Very well designed and executed. Does not look like an aftermarket mod job at all. :thumbs up

I was suggesting the Thar to a friend a couple of days back and he was apprehensive of the cooling (air conditioner) inside the cabin due to the soft top. This add-on is the perfect solution for the Thar if its a daily driver in the city and for just a notch below 50k it's not expensive too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT (Post 2793881)
1. Doesn't the drive seat have potential hazard as it has to be lifted up from back completely for the rear passengers to get in?
2. In one of the pics, where the seat has been raised up from behind, looks like there is no head restraint.

The rear brackets for the seat aren't visible in the pics, but I'm pretty sure it has some mechanism to lock into place on the cabin floor. Cant have it moving around everytime the vehicle is braked :eek:

2) Other pics of the seat show that it indeed has a headrest, but it seems the headrest needs to come off when the seat is folded for access to the rear of the vehicle. Quite inconvenient, wouldn't you think?

But overall, this seems like a really solid, well-conceived design. Seems a bit boxy like someone says, but then it IS designed to allow tall folks some headroom. And I love the rear hatch+tailgate setup!!! Seems like a decent price too. clap:

Cheers,
Rahul

Finish below expectations - A good attempt though!

Thank you for the valuable feedback form members, i would just like to clarify few things:
- The hardtop is given a boxy look at the rear end because after various tests, we observed that with more slant/curve at the rear, we had to compromise with rear space...some of our customers want front facing rear seat while others want parallel seats...all these options are possible with this design. Also this design ensured no water leakages.
- In case of parallel seats at the back, one can easily sit from the rear side...so no issues there but in case of front facing seat at the back...we make adjustments to the front seat so it becomes foldable and one can enter. Though we have not faced any problem of the seat moving from its place but if required, a locking mechanism can be made as well.
- At the end of the day, we focus on customizations as per the requirement of each individual. The above pictures show customization on a single vehicle, for other pictures or products, vist our website : Bimbra 4x4 - Accessories - Gurgaon, India

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taran Bimbra (Post 2796646)
...Though we have not faced any problem of the seat moving from its place but if required, a locking mechanism can be made as well.

So you mean to say, unless specially requested, there's NO bracket holding the rear of the front left seat in place when the vehicle is moving??? :eek:
Could you provide some pictures of the locking mechanism you have made?

Cheers,
Rahul

Taran
Any plan for a Gypsy hard top? Half or Full?

--R