Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2012, 14:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Can we swap the Thar's IFS with the MM550's rigid axle?

I also have to say I find that I find this thread pretty much unbelievable. If I broke an axle once, which is unlikely for me to do, I surely wouldn't go out and do it again. Nor is changing over to a solid axle a magic elixir. If this thread is true, slowing down and avoiding obvious hard obstacles might be a cheaper solution. Also, I would expect tie rods to break before and axle.

Mind you, I am not an IFS fan. I would opt for a solid axle.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd June 2012 at 12:36. Reason: Removing last line. Let's not discriminate based on membership level please
DirtyDan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 23:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Is there a shop you would actually trust to do a modification of this complexity? If so, please tell us who it is.

Five hours north of Chandigarh and I can't find anybody who I trust to fill the windshield washer reservoir.

What's your friend doing to this CRDe? Dropping it from airplanes?
Hello DirtyDan,
He is just short of dropping it from airplanes but definitely is a rough driver and although he is not a newbie to offroading ,but he is very fast with his steering movements during obstacles, here i personally feel manual steering is better and give u more information.
i am eagerly following this post and specially thank arka and others, where is BD boss
Old 5th June 2012, 10:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : A BHPian has converted his Thar's IFS to a solid axle. Please continue the discussion on the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Arka if i buy a Thar CRde engine+gear box+ cross member, wiring harness and cooling system, is it possible to fix it in My NGCS 550,
One more weak point of Thar, friend not observed a hump, Thar jumped on a road Hump, Now sitting in Garage Broken Fan+ Fan Clutch assembly, Radiator and Bonnet dents.
Vijay, could it be that all this damage happened because of an "incorrect" fitment of the AC?
I am just shocked to know that this can happen by jumping over a speed breaker.
Any further details would be very insightful
Cheers,
Deepak

Last edited by GTO : 19th October 2012 at 12:36. Reason: Adding link to conversion thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks