Team-BHP - Gypsy king 1.3 MPFI , Service schedules as prescribed by Maruti.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   Gypsy king 1.3 MPFI , Service schedules as prescribed by Maruti. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/125203-gypsy-king-1-3-mpfi-service-schedules-prescribed-maruti.html)

This topic is regarding regular Service schedules of Gypsy king 1.3 MPFI.

There is lot of confusion in aspect of Gypsy maintainance, as 99% of gysies brought are second hand or from military auctions.

Owners are three types up to my knowledge( these are only my predictions )

type 1 - 90% The college jack type ( They try to gain attention by bringing a fancy ride. They want people to recognise them).

Type 2 - 9% Genuine offroad crazy guys ( they just want to push the limits of the vehicle)

Type 3 - 1% who need it for their purpose ( most of these preffer mahindras for diesel)

100% of the workshop people will take second hand Gypsy owners for a ride, no doubt in it.

I feel, there is a need of service schedule guide for Gypsy.

HOPE IT WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ATLEAST 1 GUY

Kindly add as much genuine input as possible.

The pictures here are from gypsy service manual.

Hi drbones,

Whatever be the type of user, please follow company guidelines in maintaining integral parts like the Engine, GB, Cooling system, AC etc.. IIRC, the Gypsy has the same engine as in old Swift (pre K-Series) and the newer esteems, which are so common.

Regarding the maintance of the suspension and other parts which are abused whist OTRs, please do a routine visual check and replace/service if necessary.

Other than that, IMO, the gypsy is a relatively trouble free vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhanushs (Post 2875652)
Hi drbones,

Whatever be the type of user, please follow company guidelines in maintaining integral parts like the Engine, GB, Cooling system, AC etc.. IIRC, the Gypsy has the same engine as in old Swift (pre K-Series) and the newer esteems, which are so common.

Regarding the maintance of the suspension and other parts which are abused whist OTRs, please do a routine visual check and replace/service if necessary.

Other than that, IMO, the gypsy is a relatively trouble free vehicle.

dhanushs, I tolally agree with you sir.

A new gypsy is trouble free, and will serve you faith fully for at least for 2lac to 3lac kms if serviced regularly with care.

My observation is, swift or esteem 1.3 MPFI s need oil changes every 10000kms or every 6mts, but gypsy need once in every 12 mts or 10000kms.

Regarding airfilter gypsy needs replacement every 40000kms, compared to every 20000kms for swift and esteem.

Tough, Air filter replacement completely depends on the type of terrane a vehicle is driven.

Thanks for posting the manual. Had lost mine a couple a years ago. Anyone know if there's a way to get a new Gypsy King manual?

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkoch (Post 4509430)
Thanks for posting the manual. Had lost mine a couple a years ago. Anyone know if there's a way to get a new Gypsy King manual?

Every Owner's manual carries a part number on it, usually at the front. Place an order for that part number either with your dealer/MGP store or Boodmo. BHPians who have recently purchased a Gypsy can help you with the part number.

Regards
Shashi

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkoch (Post 4509430)

If you're ok with a soft copy, here is a PDF of the user manual. Just a quick Google search.
Gypsy.pdf

Even though I do have my Grand Vitara's user manual, I don't think I've ever bothered looking through it. But I do have the user manual and the service manual on my phone/laptop and find myself using those pretty much exclusively.

Of course if you prefer hard copies, you can print it out as well. Or place an order like LeoShashi said above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanmay K (Post 4510467)
If you're ok with a soft copy, here is a PDF of the user manual. Just a quick Google search.
Attachment 1826734

Even though I do have my Grand Vitara's user manual, I don't think I've ever bothered looking through it. But I do have the user manual and the service manual on my phone/laptop and find myself using those pretty much exclusively.

Of course if you prefer hard copies, you can print it out as well. Or place an order like LeoShashi said above.

The soft copy would do just fine. Didn't occur to me that this would be available on the internet. Thought it would be just as hard as it is to find a replacement part for the Gypsy :)

Hi all if anyone have got Gypsy Repair manual, have got the owner manual and had taken prinouts , I will be grateful if I can get the Gypsy repair manual, mine is a Army auction restored Gypsy King 1.3 MPFI