BHPian

Re: Ergonomic Seats For Jeeps

loved the ammo box idea!

Dont be surprised if you find a few copy cat's
Old 7th November 2018, 18:17   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Tavera Seats with Lumbat Support and Arm Rest.
Hi there. Does the Tavera captain seats fit perfectly in Gypsy, without any adjustments? In the picture the arm rests seem to collide with each other, so wondering? Hope to get your thoughts on this, as I'm planning to install captain seats.

many thanks,
Satis
Old 7th November 2018, 20:56   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
loved the ammo box idea!

Dont be surprised if you find a few copy cat's
This Ammo Box idea has been long used. My Brother in Law’s old Gypsys always had them mounted in a similar manner. Long before the days of the “centre armrest/ storage box”....

I’m talking of times right from the 1990’s onward.
Old 7th November 2018, 20:58   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
In my previous Gypsy, i had done what GTO suggested and got the stock seats foamed from the same guy GTO has mentioned. He did a super job however the stock Gypsy seats were never enough and my spine went for a toss.

I now bought Guru's Gypsy which you have seen so many times during OTRs. It has the Tavera Seats and trust me, they make a huge difference, your spine will say a big 'Thank You' if you got those or something similar. You are welcome to come and check it out.
I ve got Swift seats in my present Green Gypsy. Put in by the previous owner.
They are high in terms of position. But they are very comfortable indeed compared with the original Gypsy seats...
Old 11th November 2018, 13:27   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhkris View Post
I have been using scorpio seats with some lumbar support and have had no issues since almost 2 years.
Attachment 1029516
However, have heard that innova seats are very comfy too. Like GTO, Fazal and others have suggested, its better to sit with the seat maker and get it done. Get well soon to attend more OTRs.
HI,

I checked Scorpio seats - the height of the seat base seemed to be too high (13.5 inches from the floor to which it is attached. I did some math to see if it can fit in my Gypsy. But it appeared that the seat base might almost touch the steering wheel. I felt that Scorpio's seats were perfect (in terms of width, lumber support, cost, etc), but was heart broken when my math didn't so positive signs.

I'm happy to learn that you did it. Would you be able to post some pics please - from the door view (driver's side)? Just want to see how you managed it and how much of space is left out between your thighs and steering wheel. I prefer to fix a seat which will leave the same space (between thighs and steering wheel) as the OE fittment.

Also are you aware of any place in Bangaluru where I can procure second-hand Scorpio or Xylo seats? And any particular garage where in they'll retrofit the seats? By the way, how many holes did you have to drill (on the floor) in order to fix the seats?

Thanks for showing some glimpses of possibilities with Gypsy.
Old 11th November 2018, 14:41   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I ve got Swift seats in my present Green Gypsy. Put in by the previous owner.
They are high in terms of position. But they are very comfortable indeed compared with the original Gypsy seats...
Hi Shankar,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Would you be able to share some pictures please? From the door view (driver's side)? I just want to know why the seats are high in terms of position. I think you set the seats up on the two vertical bars below the driver's seat?

Hello friends,

I'm new to the Gypsy family and am keen on making the vehicle more comfortable. So it'll be great if you could guide me please - the following are the dilemma/queries:

1. I liked both Baleno's and Xylo's (with arm rest) very comfortable. Any pros and cons to it apart from price range?
2. I prefer to maintain the space between my thighs and the steering wheel for ease of movement. How do it retain that if I'm going for one of the above seats? My math says that if I try to place the new seat (driver's side) on the two vertical bars (please see the attachment - the Red arrow marks), there wont be any space between my thighs and the steering wheel. So just wondering if I need to remove those two vertical bars and fix the new seat right on the floor? Are there any other way without removing the bars? Please see the attachment. The space I would like to maintain is high-lighted in Yellow.
3. If I were to go for the Baleno or Xylo seat, how many new holes need to be drilled on the floor? Is there a best way to ensure that i get it done with minimum changes to the vehicle? Also how do I get the any unused holes filled up?
4. Are there're any garages in Bangalore where I can procure used Xylo/Scorpio/Tavera seats?
5. Baleno seats (both driver's and co-driver's) would cost me about 16k, whereas Xylo's would cost me about 40K. The only reason I'm more inclined towards Xylo seats is due its arm rests - I am not able to get that thing out of my mind. However, just wondering, in case I go for Baleno seats, are there any specific garages where I can fix a nice looking and very comfortable (similar to Xylo's) arm rest in the middle of the seats?
6. Any specific shop in Bangalore - who will do the necessary drilling, etc to fix the new seats that I'm procuring. I'm put up in Whitefield - anything close by is preferable.
7. I've seen a few threads where-in our fellow comrades has suggested that Omni/Bolero mirrors fit perfectly on Gypsy - without drilling additional hole. However I tried new Omni mirrors - it's not a straight fit. I'm wondering if the old Omni models would fit in? Or are there any other options I can try without much modifications? Please share some pics, if any. Also another thread said that truck mirrors (which are awesome looking) will be a straight fit (no need to drill holes) - is this true? I'm wondering how this possible as two holes need to be drilled to fix the mirror top.
8. Any specific shop in JC road to procure truck mirror? I've wasted days and days trying to buy even the right set of screws or spanners.
9. Are there any specific shops from where i can buy caplugs - the ones that are used to plug any unused hole - see the next attachment.

Am sure 100s of our fellow mates would've had the same above questions - hope it helps a larger group - all your help (in any form) is appreciated.

cheers,
Satis
Attached Thumbnails
Ergonomic Seats For Jeeps-caplug.jpg  

Ergonomic Seats For Jeeps-frontseat.jpg  

Old 12th November 2018, 21:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satis View Post
Hi there. Does the Tavera captain seats fit perfectly in Gypsy, without any adjustments? In the picture the arm rests seem to collide with each other, so wondering? Hope to get your thoughts on this, as I'm planning to install captain seats.

many thanks,
Satis
Yes, you can go for it and the armrests don't rub against each other.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 13th November 2018, 10:49   #23

Thanks for the quick reply Raj. I'll post the pics once I get it done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks