Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

Thanks. Probably next year i'll be there. Where are you based? My usual Germany trips are Cologne, Dusseldorf and Munich.

Thanks
I was in Aachen, 1 hour from Cologne and Düsseldorf. I have shifted base to Munich, close to the city center.
Cheers
Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 15:51   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Becoming Asia's first certified I4WDTA trainer - My story

If anyone is interested in doing the ITLS paramedic course, the next one is in Pune.

Pasting the details from their email:

Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greeting from Lifesupporters

We are pleased to inform you that ITLS Instructor course scheduled on 19th Oct'13.

Fees: 3500/-

Venue : Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
Senapati Bapat Road, Pune – 411004, Phone : (020) 25658015 Ext. 514 / 525
Mobile – Dr. Sharif Chikodi - 9096127950, Mr. Atul Saraf - 9604601595

For more information call on: 022-26570421/29 or 9702809390

Thank you and warm regards,

Lifesupporters
CSSC, M.N. Roy Human Development Campus,
2nd Floor, C Wing, Plot No 6, F Block,
Near Uttar Bhartiya College, Behind Teacher's Colony,
Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East,
Mumbai 400 051, India
Dir: +91 22 2657 0411/21/29/34
www.lifesupporters.in

Lifesupporters Institute of Health Sciences (LIHS) is India's premier Emergency Care Training Center with a passion for excellence. LIHS was established with a mission to build a cadre of trained Emergency Medical Service (EMS) professionals. LIHS also seeks to educate and train Samaritans to provide first aid and basic life support in emergency situations.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 16:15   #63
BHPian

Huge, Huge article. Even better is the achievement and the story telling. Congratulations on the big achievement.

Thanks for the good education through this article.
ayadalam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 17:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Tejas on a remarkable achievement. Also important to recognise is I4WDTA's effort for making accommodations to suit it's students/exam takers requirements and challenges. It's nice to see the enthusiam flowing both ways, which is important for such a field of study/practice.

If I ever want to venture into off-roading, I know who I should contact first, for learning about it the right way. All the very best for your future endeavours in this field.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 10:22   #65
BHPian

Quote:
This, my friends, is my journey towards the I4WDTA and nope, it doesn't end here. I still have miles to go before i sleep.

It's still a learning curve and i acknowledge that i still don't know everything and the learning never stops, but i will share what ever knowledge that i have gained. [/b]
Dear Tejas,

What you have achieved is no mean feat, and such a wonderful narration

Commendable passion and determination to step out of the routine and follow your heart. Like a true Jeeper you have engaged 4x4 and are on a charter beyond the road, making course for all fellow offroaders

Heartiest Congratulations!!

a point in the case, when I had to get my driver's license in the US, I was made to attend the class room session and I was amazed that they could teach me so many things which were minute but so relevant, and of which I had never taken note of despite the fact that I was driver for 20 yrs. and thought that I knew it all
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 12:37   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India and Offroad Junkie have tied up to bring forth a column and series of articles on offroading. My first intro article has been published in the October 2013 issue and hence forth we shall come out with more articles on various aspects of offroading.

Becoming Asia's first certified I4WDTA trainer - My story-oct-2013-article.jpg
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 17:31   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

A nice Diwali gift for me. My column becomes a regular feature in Autocar India.

Becoming Asia's first certified I4WDTA trainer - My story-image2509316743.jpg

Here's November 2013:

Becoming Asia's first certified I4WDTA trainer - My story-image1184316576.jpg
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 08:08   #68
BANNED

Name:  TJ7A.png
Views: 778
Size:  74.7 KB

I completely disagree to this. Do you by any chance mean that people from South to North have not " Learned " anything yet ? Learning by a certain way depends from person to person, skills are acquired by different methods. No one can say " My method is THE best " (be it acquired from any country) It can never be such a thing in offroading.

There are different methods & ways of learning, even in on road driving. Its the practice over the years makes the difference. Its a constant learning process & the base is " Attitude " what is the best attitude ?

For example you have become a certified trainer, even though it IS a great personal achievement, can you by any means claim that you are so far the best (experience & knowledge wise ) in the whole country ? I am not personally doubting your abilities as a certified trainer, yet I can accept the above.

Sudarshan

Last edited by Sudarshan : 5th November 2013 at 08:13.
Old 5th November 2013, 10:58   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Attachment 1162060

I completely disagree to this. Do you by any chance mean that people from South to North have not " Learned " anything yet ? Learning by a certain way depends from person to person, skills are acquired by different methods. No one can say " My method is THE best " (be it acquired from any country) It can never be such a thing in offroading.

There are different methods & ways of learning, even in on road driving. Its the practice over the years makes the difference. Its a constant learning process & the base is " Attitude " what is the best attitude ?

For example you have become a certified trainer, even though it IS a great personal achievement, can you by any means claim that you are so far the best (experience & knowledge wise ) in the whole country ? I am not personally doubting your abilities as a certified trainer, yet I can accept the above.

Sudarshan

Good Morning Mr. Sudarshan.

Let's put the whole paragraph into context. I'm copying from my article where the line is taken from:

Quote:
. First and foremost is knowledge. You need to know the basics of offroading. This can be achieved by accompanying offroaders and learning the ropes, reading up books or internet databases for knowledge skills or the best way is to sign up for a course and learn the correct techniques from a certified instructor. It is extremely important to know the correct techniques because if the wrong technique is ingrained into you, it will be very difficult to change it and can be very risky for you and your vehicle.
So as i say, you can accompany offroaders and slowly learn from them as well.

More importantly, an instructor taking a course has compiled all the material into an easy to understand presentation that is explained with diagrams / animations / videos etc and a nice group discussion takes place. Thus, there is a lot of knowledge database right there and then to absorb and this database has references from books from offroading authorities and can be safely mentioned as a right technique. Therefore, i say it is the best way to learn. I do not say anywhere that my way is the best way.

This article is about getting started. Experience at the end of the day is your best teacher but you need to start somewhere.

And finally as i said before:

Quote:
This, my friends, is my journey towards the I4WDTA and nope, it doesn't end here. I still have miles to go before i sleep.

It's still a learning curve and i acknowledge that i still don't know everything and the learning never stops, but i will share what ever knowledge that i have gained.

I'd also like to thank...

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 5th November 2013 at 10:59.
Old 5th November 2013, 11:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tejas,

I just stumbled upon this thread. Congratulations on a wonderful achievement.
I hope your passion and knowledge will help fellow offroaders and enthusiasts and also help build a good offroad community.
I think we need people like you, with some recognition to bring forth offroading to acceptable levels with the mainstream public.
I would say, and im sure you will agree, that there are many on this forum with considerable knowledge and experience, if not more, than yourself. But in the same breath, i want to add that what you have done in terms of giving direction to your passion is truly commendable. I hope many more follow your footsteps.

See you in the next ditch.

Cheers.
Jay
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 11:49   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Good Morning Mr. Sudarshan.
Oh thank you Mr Tejas ,

the thing I highlighted sounds like "ONLY" the "Certified Trainer " can give you this or that . Not necessarily like that.

There are more experienced people around, like Arka ,DB Sir, UBS ji one can spend few minutes with them & then keep wondering , ' hey how come I did not know those things ? ' isnt it ?

Rest of your thoughts in the above post are quite perfect. Plus one to that.

Sudarshan
Old 6th November 2013, 00:31   #72
Senior - BHPian

Sudarshan Bhau,

I think you are missing a point- he is a teeth doctor and not a 4wd / Jeep doctor. None of us ever thought an opportunity like this exists, right? He deserves credit.

We can always ask him queries if and when they arise, I'm sure he will help us out.

Cheers
Spike
Old 6th November 2013, 06:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

Sudarshan

In a general context, don't we consider anyone who teaches you something you didnt know till date as your instructor. Lets call it the Ekalavya or the Indian way. So its right to Associate UBS, JT, Arka, Anjan Shri... Endless list to be certified in their own right from whom (at least) I gained immensely.

We both learnt something small from each other in our DIY days too.
Old 6th November 2013, 07:24   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post

Oh thank you Mr Tejas ,

the thing I highlighted sounds like "ONLY" the "Certified Trainer " can give you this or that . Not necessarily like that.

There are more experienced people around, like Arka ,DB Sir, UBS ji one can spend few minutes with them & then keep wondering , ' hey how come I did not know those things ? ' isnt it ?
IMHO in our teaching system also the teachers that we have in the school, college, university and so on are not the subject matter experts or the ultimate authority on it but they are the starting point or the channel of education on the subject

Thereafter it is for the student to learn on his own or seek knowledge from masters

Tejas has taken the first step to institutionalise the sport and take it to India level

Can we imagine the circulation and reach of these magazines, and how many new people will now know about the sport

I say, a great initiative in the larger interest
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 07:34   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
We can always ask him queries if and when they arise, I'm sure he will help us out.
Yes certainly.

I was just waiting for few things to ask , for example Map reading. I found no one around this 4x4 circile who has actually studied it systematically, it will be a great thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
In a general context, don't we consider anyone who teaches you something you didnt know till date as your instructor..
Yes, but so far that was not under " company name" & that makes me bit uncomfortable. That information "treasure" is still available without any fees, enrollment or formalities, the only condition is your ability to dig.

Well here I end with Unconditional Apology to Tejas for sort of Hijacking his thread. See I dont follow etiquette or formalities, it just happens so that I take things for granted & talk freely with open mind.

@Anupam;
Quote:
IMHO in our teaching system also the teachers that we have in the school, college, university and so on are not the subject matter experts or the ultimate authority on it but they are the starting point or the channel of education on the subject
Yes I agree, but I see same institutions have taken the task of " educating " people very seriously, to the extent of doing it commercially by tapping new markets, currently this has made mess of the education system, has turned it in to a market & those who can invest, only go ahead.

But 4x4 is a hobby for me & many, hope the learning part at least remain free from marketing companies.

Sudarshan

Last edited by Samurai : 6th November 2013 at 11:48. Reason: quoted post removed

Most Viewed