Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 24th December 2018, 04:20   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Eaton MLD (M-Locker) now available off the shelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Wonder how its big brothers would fare here - a 2WD Scorpio/Bolero/XUV? Might have made it through only coz of the longer wheelbase.
This place is near to my home and office, so I have videos of all sorts of vehicles crossing this footpath or obstacle, don't know what to call it It ranges from Maruti Esteem to Tata Safari, but I have not uploaded all of them on youtube. Will try to locate them on my laptop hard drive and upload them. Here are a few that I had uploaded -

TUV vs Bolero

Bolero vs Thar

Suzuki SCross
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2018, 13:29   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Eaton MLD (M-Locker) now available off the shelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
This place is near to my home and office, so I have videos of all sorts of vehicles crossing this footpath or obstacle, don't know what to call it It ranges from Maruti Esteem to Tata Safari, but I have not uploaded all of them on youtube. Will try to locate them on my laptop hard drive and upload them. Here are a few that I had uploaded -

TUV vs Bolero
Oh, it was you all along, Mr.Pearl? I even shared that TUV vs Bolero video to the TUV official review thread once saying "someone has posted this on YouTube...".

Anyway, during my TUV's 2nd free service, given my complaints - they assigned a mechanic to drive while I rode shotgun. Among other things, what I learnt is that they've silently changed the suspension and transmission in the TUV it seems. The Mahindra mechanic said that there's no more traction problems in models manufactured 2018 onwards. That's why Mahindra don't offer the free MLD anymore for TUVs.

Please, pretty please, if you could validate this claim in that same place with a newer TUV 300, it'll sort out any doubts I and others may have.

I have my own tales to tell, of driving my TUV into and out of a lake bed. I'll try to share that video sometime. And my daily commute ends with me taking my TUV into a steep parking ramp by taking a sharp 90 degree turn after coming to a stop. I haven't been able to re-create the wheelspin issue at all...
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote