Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 21:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Project MG410W Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Pics please. Krishnagiri mechanic?
Here is a picture of the breather in the suction cap.
Project MG410W Turbo-imag1575.jpg
Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator
Project MG410W Turbo-imag1576.jpg

Thank you.
ashvar87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 12:45   #17
BANNED

The thing with turboing carb is that whatever fuel pressure you put into it has to be higher than the boost. If you plan on doing this mechanically, ull run into a lot of problems as boost is not directly proportional to throttle positions. Depends upon load as well.

I faced the same problem in my 800, answer to it was getting a mpfi pump with a rudimentary controller to set fuel pressure. The floats had to be changed to stiffer springs, but still it used to bleed like hell.

Do not go with mechanical controls, trust me , its no use.
racerdabba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 23:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvar87 View Post
Dear tsk1979,
In this scenario, it is not about the size of the carburetor, it is all about
Next step will be adding a mpfi pump and the FPR. Will keep updated friends.
Ashwin - When I had carb setup in my gypsy, the flooding issue was very persistent. For few kms say 500 - 1000 km that issue gets solved and then again after that it would come back and the driver and passengers would smell petrol on a long sunny day drive and engine would choke up.

MPFi pump is an expensive part, look for an alternative pump option. We had an external one in our 1.8 ltr gypsy. For pic check out my FB album for petrol heads.

I believe for MPfi pump, you need to get a new fuel tank or modify your tank, and go strengthen your fuel lines. The pressure from these pumps are on high velocity.

Keep a spare fuel line in your vehicle and some good old c-clips to tighten them.
Old 11th September 2014, 16:30   #19

Quote:
Dear Friends,

Here is a short video for you all.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=YTS_K...ature=Youtu.be

Thank you.

Hello Aswinraj,

Hope you doing well!

I have read all of your Turbo mg410w a.k.a F10A.

I have the same engine in my Maruti I would like to know the pro-cons of this project.

Please guide.

Thanks,
Gautam
Old 12th September 2014, 18:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,
I am starting up this project mainly to soup up the cute little MG410W which is getting neglected nowadays due to lower brake horse power. My aim is to turbocharge my stock MG410W and bring the best figures .
Dear Ashvar87,

Great job and kudos to you for taking up such a project! Hope your zook gives up many more years of "turbocharged" service.

Noticed you have fabricated /customised your exhaust header(s) to feed into the turbine side of the tc. Could you share answers to the following:

1. Did you need to increase the diameter of the headers from stock size? If so what size are the new pipes?

2. Was there a specified exhaust gas temp(EGT) and pressure for the tc? If so what are these figures?

3. Is there mentioned a specific tc cleaning interval, and if so what is this interval?

Regards,
Ronnie.
Old 14th September 2014, 20:35   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Dear Ashvar87,

There was a turbo gypsy done for relative of mine by Autozone coimbatore. It was an MPFI gypsy. A 5th injector was added to the intake manifold which kicked in above a certain rpm. The owner is not on team-bhp, but on face book. pm me and I will connect you guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks