Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2017, 07:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

I have recently upgraded my Fortuner's suspensions to Ironman Nitro gas comfort kit. It took around 1000km or so to bed in, I do find them much more pliant and comfortable to ride on.

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Suspension upgrade & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner-1499996758471.jpg

Some more pictures:

Suspension upgrade & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner-1499997283464.jpg

Suspension upgrade & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner-1499997299987.jpg

Suspension upgrade & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner-1499997319609.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th July 2017 at 09:31. Reason: Back to back posts.
getsurya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 20:38   #17

Re: Suspension upgrade & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner

Pardon me for my ignorance but isnt there any lift option available for cars? I just bought a Ford Aspire S and every time it kisses Earth I get stabbed in the heart. I use it for pan India travel and at this rate it will be dead before my EMIs are done.
PS, there arew hydraulic lift kits available abroad that can raise or lower a car with the flick of a switch. Anything like that in our fair country?
Old 8th December 2017, 17:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzitcr View Post
Pardon me for my ignorance but isnt there any lift option available for cars? I just bought a Ford Aspire S and every time it kisses Earth I get stabbed in the heart. I use it for pan India travel and at this rate it will be dead before my EMIs are done.
PS, there arew hydraulic lift kits available abroad that can raise or lower a car with the flick of a switch. Anything like that in our fair country?
You may want to check-out the Rogerab products that could be useful

http://rogermotors.com/all-products/

I have not used them, so do not have any first-hand experience
AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 18:36   #19
BHPian

I have ordered OME suspension from air90.com for my D4D Fortuner. Requesting leads on capable mechanics in Mumbai. Thanks in advance.

Reason I preferred ARB over Ironman:
  1. Reliability - Yet to hear a suspension failure of ARB
  2. Warranty - No questions asked international replacement warranty (3 Years or 60,000 kms)
  3. Ride quality feedback - Most of the online reviews suggest ARB to be better in terms of ride quality and handling

My stock suspension broke during my Leh trip. So I was not very happy with the Toyota stock setup and hence decided to upgrade. Link

Will post detailed review on installation and ride once installed.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 09:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzitcr View Post
You may try to replace your stock suspension/spring setup with Figo Aspire (non S) parts. Aspire S is deliberately lowered by Ford for driving pleasure.

Lets exchange our suspensions if we can, I have a Nex-gen Figo
gauravanekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 11:31   #21
BHPian

My local mechanic Devabhai in chembur (See Mumbai directory in team-bhp) installed the OME suspension as well as redid my fortuner bushings and other related stuff recently. Quite competent. If you have not yet installed and live near chembur it may be worth it. Am very happy with the OME kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
I have ordered OME suspension from air90.com for my D4D Fortuner. Requesting leads on capable mechanics in Mumbai. Thanks in advance.

2. Warranty - No questions asked international replacement warranty (3 Years or 60,000 kms)
  3. Ride quality feedback - Most of the online reviews suggest ARB to be better in terms of ride quality and handling

My stock suspension broke during my Leh trip. So I was not very happy with the Toyota stock setup and hence decided to upgrade. Link

Will post detailed review on installation and ride once installed.
genesis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 01:16   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
You may try to replace your stock suspension/spring setup with Figo Aspire (non S) parts. Aspire S is deliberately lowered by Ford for driving pleasure.

Lets exchange our suspensions if we can, I have a Nex-gen Figo
I bought the aspire s for its lowered and stiffened suspension. I have no qualms with it. But I wish I could raise the car's height at will. Remember GTA-SAN ANDREAS?
Old 31st December 2017, 09:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only issue you might face, if at all, are the bushes wearing off and that is not covered under warranty! And, replacement bushes are not available!

Facing this issue now and the only option left is to replace the shocks. Two years into ownership. But note that the vehicle was used in unforgiving conditions over this two years, which I seriously, seriously, doubt you will ever put your vehicle through.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The only issue you might face, if at all, are the bushes wearing off and that is not covered under warranty!

note that the vehicle was used in unforgiving conditions over this two years, which I seriously, seriously, doubt you will ever put your vehicle through.
I am actually worried not about the bushes but the struts. During my last trip to Ladakh, I had put the truck in not so forgiving conditions and broke the OEM stock strut and had to crawl the truck back to civilisation. Here's a link to that experience.

I do engage in weekend off-roading and have put my truck in not so comfortable situations in the past and am continuing to push it a little further every time. I don't understand what kind of conditions you are referring to here. Rally driving, perhaps?

Last edited by ragh_bhushan : 2nd January 2018 at 20:02.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 08:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do engage in weekend off-roading and have put my truck in not so comfortable situations in the past and am continuing to push it a little further every time. I don't understand what kind of conditions you are referring to here. Rally driving, perhaps?
Rally driving! Wish!

Going at high speed over heavily rutted tracks, jumping off dunes and all the works that punishes a vehicle in an off road environment. And this is on a 3.8 liter Pajero which does have considerable weight. The suspensions gets worked out to their maximum in these conditions.
Old 3rd January 2018, 08:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Going at high speed over heavily rutted tracks, jumping off dunes and all the works that punishes a vehicle in an off road environment. And this is on a 3.8 liter Pajero which does have considerable weight. The suspensions gets worked out to their maximum in these conditions.
I have done all of the above with Toyota stock suspension and they lasted me for about 60,000 kms before going kaput. The bushes were still fine though.

Based on my research and feedback from fellow Fortuner owners with ARB setups, these conditions are piece of cake for the OME. I hope mine doesn't disappoint either. Will update the thread.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 19:50   #27
BHPian

friends, do post your experiences on suspension upgrades. And especially with info about your driving patterns. thanks.
Old 2nd August 2018, 21:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Offroad Racing Suspension & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
friends, do post your experiences on suspension upgrades. And especially with info about your driving patterns. thanks.
Hi Pranav,

Terratigers have been testing/servicing/installing Profender Monotube Remote Reservoir struts and shock absorbers for the Toyota Fortuner since 2016.

Regards,

Arka

Last edited by ex670c : 2nd August 2018 at 21:37.
ex670c is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 12:17   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Offroad Racing Suspension & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Pranav,

Terratigers have been testing/servicing/installing Profender Monotube Remote Reservoir struts and shock absorbers for the Toyota Fortuner since 2016.

Regards,

Arka
Hi Arka,

More details on the struts and costing and which other vehicles is it compatible with.
Old 6th August 2018, 13:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Offroad Racing Suspension & lift kit for the Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Hi Arka,

More details on the struts and costing and which other vehicles is it compatible with.
Hi Tejas,
The Profender Kit is made for the Toyota Fortuner.
2 Front Coilover Strut(OEM Replacement)
2Front Coilspring for the front strut
2 Rear Shock Absorber
2 Rear aftermarket Coil springs (load/height)

The Cost for the above is approx 80K.
You can check air90 Automotive for current pricing.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks