Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 10:14   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMS View Post
I found picture of this immaculate jonga in the thread jeep untold story, which are these tyres, are these the 7.00*16 ndms or some other type?
If the owner or somebody else can shed some light on the price and availability of these tyres.

Regards

Pranav
The thread pattern on the spare tyre looks like a MRF Safari, which is only available in Size 6.00X16.

Search Safari under "Bias Ply Tyre patterns" in this site:

passengercars
Old 30th December 2009, 17:04   #677
Senior - BHPian

Yes thats not the NDMS. That looks like its from MRF's Light Truck range.
Old 11th January 2010, 16:50   #678
Senior - BHPian

BF Goodrich All Terrain ko 235.70.R16

Very satisfied with BF Goodrich All Terrains in my Grand Vitara on and off road both. The vehicles performance has improved a lot.

Offroad- After few OTRs and Trail blazing, I have come to conclusion that it works really well over sand, soil, weeds, thorns, rocks, gravel etc. Very confidence inspiring tyres. So far never got stuck due to lack of traction.

On Road- There is not much difference in noise. The sound has changed from Woo woo to koo koo.. Seriously. Ride quality is same but the handling of road roughness and on road gravel is better. So overall a good tyre.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:16   #679
BHPian

Shoe Change for Maruti Gypsy 413 W

Gurus Please help with the tyre change on my Gyspy .

I intend to change the stock tyres on my 413W on stock rims to a new set .

Option(s) in mind are :
1) Yoko - 217/75/R15
2) BF Goodrich
3) Bridgestone

Please suggest a good pair of shoes on the following parameters

1) Offroading Stuff capabilities
2) Approximate Cost
3) Availability factor in Pune

I dont intend to change the stock rims to alloys , hence I doubt 235's would be out of question , moreover dont have a Power steering either

Something good for 60% on road , 40 % Off road stuff is ok .

Please Suggest

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th January 2010 at 18:19. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 11th January 2010, 19:34   #680
Senior - BHPian

Thats great Yogesh.
Me too would be changing the tyres in my safari in the next 1-2 quarters and going by your experience BF AT's are looking really good.
But still will take other tyres into account as I would be using my vehicle purely as on road vehicle, due to lack of 4x4

@jealousdimond
i have put in 215' BF AT's in my Gypsy and the ride quality has improved fantastically!!! It actually feels like the vehicle is equipped with a power steering. Further a friend and a fellow Bhpian and a long time gypsy owner has been using them for almost 60k + kms and he swears by it. At the same time I believe that BF AT's & Yoko Geos have their own fan following and both swear by their tires.
But considering the experience of my friend I decided for BF's and not to mention that the price was a deciding factor too. The BF's in delhi are much cheaper than the Yoko's

Last edited by harjeev : 11th January 2010 at 19:40.
Old 11th January 2010, 22:11   #681
Senior - BHPian

Correct Harjeev, I forgot to mention that the steering has further softened after putting BFGs. (Pics of your gypsy please)

For 4x2 i would suggest Michelin LTx AT2 or even better Michelin Latitude Cross..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 11th January 2010 at 22:21.
Old 12th January 2010, 08:29   #682
Senior - BHPian

@yogesh: Buddy the piic of the gypsy are there on my thread. will upload some pics when i'am in office, later today on this thread. For the safari I too was thinking Michelins as I have those on my Optra and the tyres are great. lets see....

Last edited by harjeev : 12th January 2010 at 08:30.
Old 12th January 2010, 12:38   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post

@jealousdimond
i have put in 215' BF AT's in my Gypsy and the ride quality has improved fantastically!!! The BF's in delhi are much cheaper than the Yoko's

Harjeev , Have been hearing about the goodness of BFG for quite long now , would be ineterested in giving it a try for sure , if it doesn't affect the pockets adversly . Could you please tell me how much the BFG costs in Delhi ,as compared to the Yoko's , both on the 215 /75/R15 profiles .

I am getting the Yoko's of the above specs @ 4400 each in Pune , Don't have any idea of the BFG 's . Do you think that the BFG's would be cheaper than that ?

Old 12th January 2010, 13:38   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
@yogesh: Buddy the piic of the gypsy are there on my thread. will upload some pics when i'am in office, later today on this thread. For the safari I too was thinking Michelins as I have those on my Optra and the tyres are great. lets see....
Checked there, it looks awesome. These tyres sure give charactor to the vehicle. Regarding 4x2 Safari- on second thoughts why not go for the BFG for that also. They are good on road, give better handling and two biggest points are they are cheeper in cost and have best running life in terms of Kms.

Only problem seems that the import has stopped from June09 so one might not get new tyres and the remaining stock won't last long.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:53   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Checked there, it looks awesome. These tyres sure give charactor to the vehicle. Regarding 4x2 Safari- on second thoughts why not go for the BFG for that also. They are good on road, give better handling and two biggest points are they are cheeper in cost and have best running life in terms of Kms.

Only problem seems that the import has stopped from June09 so one might not get new tyres and the remaining stock won't last long.

Hey Yogesh. I dont think that BF's have stopped being imported in India as the tyres that I purchased the mrf week & year are as follows
  • 3509 Aug09,
  • 2409 Jun09,
  • 2709 Jul09,
  • 2809 Jul09
The tire which is the oldest is June and the latest on is August and that too the last week of August 09.

So I think that your guy in Jaipur might not be having the correct size and might have given you the wrong info!!!
Old 13th January 2010, 11:00   #686
Distinguished - BHPian

33" or 25" M/T Tyres in ANY brand

Friends, I am looking out for 33" or 35" tyres. If anyone has contacts of REASONABLLY PRICED one's, I would be happy to buy them from anywhere in India and get them shipped to Bangalore.

NEED HELP..
  • M/T pattern (NO A/T) 33" or 35"
  • ANY BRAND (Maxxis, BFG, Wrangler.. etc etc) -- Even the indonesian/east asian brands would do.
  • Has to be VFM and NOT super expensive.
Do post here or drop me a PM.

Cheers,
Old 13th January 2010, 12:43   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Friends, I am looking out for 33" or 35" tyres. If anyone has contacts of REASONABLLY PRICED one's, I would be happy to buy them from anywhere in India and get them shipped to Bangalore.

Do post here or drop me a PM.

Cheers,
Khan Sir ,

Pardon my ignorance please do let me know what exactly are the specs as ( 235/75/R16 ) types .
Also if you could just let me know of the particular brands that you are lokking at .

I have some known acquaintance who by luck turns out to be Pune distributor for tyres . Would give it a try and update the cost to you if available .
Old 13th January 2010, 13:20   #688
BHPian

Where can I get 15" Dia and 10-12" Depth rims.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:00   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Khan Sir ,

Pardon my ignorance please do let me know what exactly are the specs as ( 235/75/R16 ) types .
Also if you could just let me know of the particular brands that you are lokking at .

I have some known acquaintance who by luck turns out to be Pune distributor for tyres . Would give it a try and update the cost to you if available .
Opps.. I need 33"/35" tyres for 15" rim size (Gypsy). It would translate to "33 x 12.5 x 15" as the spec. (33" dia, 12.5 width, 15" rim size) and so on for the 35" one.

ANY brand would do. Has to be MUD Terrain pattern. I am looking for the cheapest/VFM option right now.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:07   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Correct Harjeev, I forgot to mention that the steering has further softened after putting BFGs. (Pics of your gypsy please)

For 4x2 i would suggest Michelin LTx AT2 or even better Michelin Latitude Cross..
Hi Ym-en,

Can you forward the pics of michelin Latitude Cross as i will need 265's

Cheers

Sarvinder

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks