Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 16:10   #931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Why dont you try Superking 7.00-16, 31.2'', 12ply tires? They are really good. I even tried climbing a few steep rock surfaces and it held beautifully at 15psi.
The Superkings somehow dont appeal to me boss.

Quote:
LOL, you and your judgments. Dont speak like this to someone who has built and raced a 14sec, 1.5L NA 1/4th mile VTEC mill on a production body holding a national record.
OK, I was guessing it must be "you" and now i know its "you" .

Nevermind, i was not judging you, just expressing my opinion which is different.

Quote:
I understand that. Please read my below post where I have mentioned umpteen times that its a comparo between AT/HT vs rightly sized NDMS in a off road scenario. The context was born when some of them mentioned that a AT/HT performs better than a NDMS during off roading.

Quote:
Quote just one of them, that will "blow" an NDMS for the same physical dimension? The constraint with NDMS is the size not the design/pattern. Again, I am referring only of Off tarmac usage.
Some tyres that perform better than NDMS are MRF SANDGRIPS, JK SANDGRIPS and APOLLO BULLETS. They are all cross ply tyres but in similar dimension as 7.00x16 NDMS.

Quote:
If you introspect, its the performance behind the simplicity that has grown into you having a soft corner, nothing else, cos I believe that one can have a soft corner for something/someone for a positive attribute only, not a negative one.
OK OK, I give in..lets talk in person on "why" i bought the NDMS!!
Old 29th July 2010, 16:20   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The Superkings somehow dont appeal to me boss.
Why mate? I am testifying first hand that they are wonderful and you are still differing!!! Why? Dont you believe me?

Quote:
OK, I was guessing it must be "you" and now i know its "you" .

Nevermind, i was not judging you, just expressing my opinion which is different.
Appreciate your acknowledgement mate

Quote:
Some tyres that perform better than NDMS are MRF SANDGRIPS, JK SANDGRIPS and APOLLO BULLETS. They are all cross ply tyres but in similar dimension as 7.00x16 NDMS.
LoL. Arent all the 3 you've mentioned as different as they are similar to eachother??? That makes them just 'one' and well I dont see them "blow" off any NDMS in anyway. Infact in mud everyone know that NDMS our performs them. The 3 have similar patterns which are most comfy only in sand and to an extent rocks. Correct me if I am wrong coz I havent used em personally hence justifying through peoples experiences and deliberations only.

Last edited by The Wolf : 29th July 2010 at 16:22.
Old 29th July 2010, 16:27   #933
Distinguished - BHPian

Wolf can you explain why your build of a drag car justifies your knowledge regarding tyres and jeeps in general?
Old 29th July 2010, 17:18   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Wolf can you explain why your build of a drag car justifies your knowledge regarding tyres and jeeps in general?

Maybe he used NDMS tyres on the drag car also.
siddartha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2010, 17:39   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL, the discussion was more towards my acceptance and receptiveness to technological advancement than scientific research on tire and Jeep parts manufacturing process hence I quoted my drag car example and the works... I am sure the case would be put to rest with that example coz without an eye for technology such feats arent possible.

Any particular reason why Im being asked the above question without considering the real crux of the context?

@Siddartha: LOL, drag racing is a different sort of a event dude in comparison to Off roading. NDMS's is used only for a completely different application.

Let me help your situation, here:
Drag racing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-roading

Last edited by The Wolf : 29th July 2010 at 17:41.
Old 29th July 2010, 18:34   #936
BHPian

Quote:
LOL, the discussion was more towards my acceptance and receptiveness to technological advancement than scientific research on tire and Jeep parts manufacturing process hence I quoted my drag car example and the works... I am sure the case would be put to rest with that example coz without an eye for technology such feats arent possible.

Any particular reason why Im being asked the above question without considering the real crux of the context?

@Siddartha: LOL, drag racing is a different sort of a event dude in comparison to Off roading. NDMS's is used only for a completely different application.

Let me help your situation, here:
Drag racing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Off-roading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@WOLF - thank god for small mercies, atleast you didnt post a link to the movie fast and furious!

But really, for a lot of people drag racing and off roading DID EXIST before 15 JANUARY 2001 ( launch date of wikipedia)

Last edited by siddartha : 29th July 2010 at 18:37.
Old 29th July 2010, 19:28   #937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Ah, don't bother about it. I've been keenly following your discussions in other threads where also you have been giving Wiki knowledge. I just wondered that why did you need to quote your "national record" to prove that you embrace technology?

Your drag race days reputation does precede you. Carry on mate... No harm no foul.
Old 29th July 2010, 19:45   #938
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
@WOLF - thank god for small mercies, atleast you didnt post a link to the movie fast and furious!

But really, for a lot of people drag racing and off roading DID EXIST before 15 JANUARY 2001 ( launch date of wikipedia)
This is too much !!! still lets stick to the topic and not go way off the thread!

Quote:
Quote just one of them, that will "blow" an NDMS for the same physical dimension?
Phew small mercies again!

But seriously, I think a creepy crawler of same size that of 7x16 NDMS can kick ***, even in a pre-historic MM. What say? Available in India also.

4 k vs 7k suddenly its making sense to me! God's have shown the path!!! Let me go dig it up!
Old 29th July 2010, 20:16   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
Yup..maybe W meant to state that he is aware of the hard work that goes into building a quarter mile record holding car.

NO offense mate, but the two are as different as chalk and cheese. I have personally tried to do both and have been partly successful.

I have no national records though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
But seriously, I think a creepy crawler of same size that of 7x16 NDMS can kick ***, even in a pre-historic MM. What say? Available in India also.

4 k vs 7k suddenly its making sense to me! God's have shown the path!!! Let me go dig it up!

A creepy crawler is too aggressive a pattern Jaggu. Unless you want to do a real slush fest, it is best avoided.

The second statement has sparked a light is it, towards NDMS making sense? or ??
Old 29th July 2010, 20:17   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah, don't bother about it. I've been keenly following your discussions in other threads where also you have been giving Wiki knowledge.
I believe in giving true and ratified information, less mentioned where it pre-cursors from. FYI, I rarely refer or state wiki stuff here, you are incorrect, I speak to people, verify from various sources (other forums/blogs/videos) then mention it in here with a single point objective of learning and educating.

Quote:
Your drag race days reputation does precede you. Carry on mate... No harm no foul.
Sure mate, appreciate!

Quote:

I see you making a point after a real long while , wth lead me to the source right now Jaggu!!!

If you can get creepies in 32-33inch sizes with the track with of around 10inchs will be a sure NDMS killer combo!!! But hey, arent creepies more suited for rock climbing than all in one??

Last edited by The Wolf : 29th July 2010 at 20:25.
Old 29th July 2010, 20:32   #941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I believe in giving true and ratified information, less mentioned where it pre-cursors from. FYI, I rarely refer or state wiki stuff here, you are incorrect, I speak to people, verify from various sources (other forums/blogs/videos) then mention it in here with a single point objective of learning and educating.
No wonder i had a sense of deja vu when i read your posts. Next time please quote other sources. They deserve credit. Otherwise it seems it's you saying.
Anyways, enough OT from me now.

Jaggu,

I was too tempted to go for Creepies myself but read that they are horrible on road and quite expensive. Also procuring them is difficult here.
Old 29th July 2010, 20:33   #942
Team-BHP Support

Super occupied with work so can't dedicate time to a debate, which i cant't understand

Slush also they perform well and 7x16 size is available. Just goto the nearest tyre shop that sell's Maxxis and they should be able to source it through the local distributor. Maybe you have to wait for a week or two or maybe not. JC Road is a good start IIRC saw them there.

Quote:
I was too tempted to go for Creepies myself but read that they are horrible on road and quite expensive. Also procuring them is difficult here.
More than this, they are supposed to wear out fast. But then again all the reports are from heavy diesel vehicle. I have a super light CJ3B Vehicle i know performed well on road, compared to NDMS ie he he

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th July 2010 at 20:35.
Old 29th July 2010, 20:54   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No wonder i had a sense of deja vu when i read your posts. Next time please quote other sources. They deserve credit. Otherwise it seems it's you saying.
Anyways, enough OT from me now.
No problem mate, as long as you are learning, I dont mind doing the hard work. What are forums like these for after all

Quote:
Slush also they perform well and 7x16 size is available. Just goto the nearest tyre shop that sell's Maxxis and they should be able to source it through the local distributor. Maybe you have to wait for a week or two or maybe not. JC Road is a good start IIRC saw them there.

More than this, they are supposed to wear out fast. But then again all the reports are from heavy diesel vehicle. I have a super light CJ3B Vehicle i know performed well on road, compared to NDMS ie he he
Dude, if not for the brand new NDMS I would've be doing rounds around JC rd right now...hehe! But trust me I dont mind buying a set in a month or so...

Yes, any tire will last that bit more on lighter Jeeps like yours. But big diesels will have to go with one or two sizes bigger which prolly might cost more and last similar miles...

Last edited by The Wolf : 29th July 2010 at 20:56.
Old 29th July 2010, 20:59   #944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No problem mate, as long as you are learning, I dont mind doing the hard work. What are forums like these for after all
More like re-reading stuff i've read elsewhere.

I still don't support plagiarism. Please quote your source henceforth.
Old 29th July 2010, 21:01   #945
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But trust me I dont mind buying a set in a month or so.
I shall envy you then on.

Quote:
But big diesels will have to go with one or two sizes bigger which prolly might cost more and last similar miles...
But then wont it start fouling here and there? on full locks, articulating etc

Most Viewed