Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2020, 14:18   #1
BHPian

Blue Garage: Metal House Rear Bumper Review

I wanted to put down my experience with the Metal House rear bumper I bought from Blue Garage. This is the Isuzu V cross/S-cab Rear Heavy Duty Bumper V2 with side bar - MHIRV2

I bought it thinking I would replace my OE bumper before I damage it off-road. The buying experience was ok though I did have to wait 10 days for the side tubes of the bumper to become available. In any case I bought them and they arrived very quickly and I went to Paramount Isuzu in Gurgaon to have them fitted. The bumper took a while to put together since the side tubes and the metal eyelets for the D shackles arrived separately. Once put together we fitted the bumper onto the car only to find that there were 4 bolts missing, that fix the side tubes onto the bottom of the car. No issues, we took 4 bolts from the eyelets and used those, thinking I will get some more bolts and fit the eyelet later.

After this we tried fitting the number plate to the bumper and then figured that the RTO number plate was way too long to fit into the slot made for it!

Eventually we had to fix it with cable ties as a temporary fix for the day. If I wanted to fit it to the bumper, it would have to be bent into a 'C' shape.

So I can only assume that maybe the bumper was designed at the time when the rear number plates for cars in India were of the square shape, however for at least the last 2 years those are no longer in use and these longer high security number plates are being issued by the RTO. In any case even if there was a square plate it would stick out below the bumper, easily ripped off off-road.

I did call Blue Garage to just tell them that this is the problem, my only intention was for them to fix the design of the bumper for the future. However their reply was 'return the bumper and we will return your money because we don't want any negative reviews of the bumper'! Their whole argument was based on the fact that 'they had sold hundreds of these bumpers and no one had ever complained before'! I find that statement amazing to say the least. Just look at the pictures of the number plate as it is now fitted to my car, would anyone be ok with that? I doubt it.

So, anyone thinking of buying this bumper for their Isuzu and attracted to it due to the lower price, be aware of this issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Garage: Metal House Rear Bumper Review-img_1764.jpg  

Blue Garage: Metal House Rear Bumper Review-img_1765.jpg  

Blue Garage: Metal House Rear Bumper Review-img_1774.jpg  

Blue Garage: Metal House Rear Bumper Review-img_1780.jpg  

Blue Garage: Metal House Rear Bumper Review-img_1781.jpg  

shayne is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed