Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 14:50   #136
Senior - BHPian

Aakash,

1) Remove the hub with any roadside mechanic and check for any visible damage. It is easy to spot if anything is broken. It may probably need some greasing and thats about it.

2) You can also drive down to the electronic city factory, they will help you immediately, but that may not be needed. Do (1) and update us.
Old 20th June 2011, 18:29   #137
Senior - BHPian

re: Lambda Free Wheeling Front Hubs for Jeeps

Just talked to Arun the price now with taxes net is 3773/- + courier charges. Mailed him, ordering it soon as I get his reply.

--Ramky

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Update from Prasanna:

Post Jun-10 updated price in Bangalore ~ in lieu of Steel price hike it seems.

Without bill - 3000
With bill - 3650-ish

Also Bangalore drop facility not available at moment due to shortage of workforce. It has to be collected from their Electronic City plant.
Old 6th August 2011, 01:21   #138
BANNED

hi last night he quoted me 4072 rs that included delivery charges to chandigarh, anyone plz let me know how much aisin free wheeling hubs cost and where to get them in india r second hand good and how much to pay for them
thanks
g
Old 9th August 2011, 20:09   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hate tar View Post
hi last night he quoted me 4072 rs that included delivery charges to chandigarh, anyone plz let me know how much aisin free wheeling hubs cost and where to get them in india r second hand good and how much to pay for them
thanks
g
Though I am not sure of the price, last friday, I was at Mayapuri, scouring for Jeep parts, I did notice a pair of FWH with Vee Motors (Mayapuri Phase 2) PM me for his number. You may want to check with Mr. Suresh Khanna. He will also have it delivered to you.
Old 9th August 2011, 20:31   #140
Senior - BHPian

I had bought mine from Atlas motors Bombay last year for 3600/-. They have gone up to around 3900/- im told, though not sure.
Old 9th August 2011, 20:45   #141
BANNED

@V6 and shubz.
i was lucky on saturday i went to guy from whom i bought my gypsy , he had an old gupsy standing that was accidental and was cut in 2 pieces and the front tyres had aisin fwh attached to them i just sounded stupid and told him why dont i have these things on my gypsy and what is functionof them , he told me they used to come in old models not in new ones and they increase stability of gypsy and lo that was it i asked him to remove them from that junk and give them to me and fix on my gypsy, he told me that i will have to get them but i will have to get them fixed elsewhere . which i happily agreed. and got them for free,
its good to be stupid sometimes
g
Old 11th August 2011, 18:33   #142
Senior - BHPian

Naughty school boys like to turn my hubs. I got the cheapest red and green enamel I could find and every once in awhile I daub on a little.

This does 2 things.

1.) I can tell at a quick glance if I am locked or what.

2.) If you use the really cheap stuff, it stays wet for hours. You can then go to the school, find his paint stained fingers and break his arm. Get him while he is young and maybe you can give a potential future minister a case of the flinchees.

Cost: about 35 rupees. I just slosh it on with a cotton nub.

I am considering painting the entire hub and using maybe six colors....and a new art form is born.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambda Free Wheeling Front Hubs for Jeeps-hub-indicators-912-x-684.jpg  

DirtyDan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 08:11   #143

Guys I picked up LAMDA Hubs for my Gypsy from a Mahindra Spares Dealer in Hyderabad, but they don't fit on my Gypsy, Because they had different inner grooves. Are these hubs same for both Jeeps and Gypsyes. Is there any thing that can be done to get this fixed.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:05   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi_dvk View Post
Guys I picked up LAMDA Hubs for my Gypsy from a Mahindra Spares Dealer in Hyderabad, but they don't fit on my Gypsy, Because they had different inner grooves. Are these hubs same for both Jeeps and Gypsyes. Is there any thing that can be done to get this fixed.
Vamsi,

If the hub splines do not match the axle splines, exchange them and ask for Gypsy hubs. There is no way you can fit these.

They look the same as on Jeeps, its news to me too that they are different from inside.
Regards,
Old 19th August 2011, 13:51   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Vamsi,

If the hub splines do not match the axle splines, exchange them and ask for Gypsy hubs. There is no way you can fit these.

They look the same as on Jeeps, its news to me too that they are different from inside.
Regards,
@Fazal: The looking different on the inside is probably the difference in spline count and hence spacing. Is that the case vamsi?
Old 19th August 2011, 19:07   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
@Fazal: The looking different on the inside is probably the difference in spline count and hence spacing. Is that the case vamsi?
Genesis,

It could spline count, number of splines or thickness of the axle in Gypsy as compared to Jeeps.
Regards,
Old 19th August 2011, 19:41   #147
BHPian

@vamsi_dvk

It is best to get it exchanged/sell it to a gypsy owner. But if you insist on fixing it on your vehicle, you could change the front axle half shaft from gypsy to 10 spline Mahindra closed knuckle front CJ series axle half shaft on both left and right sides. Again it’s going to be expensive and labour intensive.

Chengappa.
Timson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 22:31   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi_dvk View Post
for my Gypsy from a Mahindra Spares Dealer
Isnt something wrong here itself!!

A gypsy's FWH is COMPLETELTY different from a jeeps. Please return it ASAP and mostly likely he will NOT have a gypsy's. They dont sell a lot compared to Jeeps.
Old 19th August 2011, 22:51   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Vamsi,

Regards,

Yes Sir, They look same from out side. And are different from inside. This dealer is not ready to take them back, because I picked them up a week back. I dint get time to check them all week.

Regards.
Old 19th August 2011, 23:01   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post

The difference is in both count and size, as seen in the picture.

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambda Free Wheeling Front Hubs for Jeeps-gedc1986.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks