Team-BHP - Lambda Free Wheeling Front Hubs for Jeeps
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   Lambda Free Wheeling Front Hubs for Jeeps (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/37787-lambda-free-wheeling-front-hubs-jeeps.html)

Hi all,

I just installed the Lambda free wheeling hubs on my MM540. It's a bolt on kit and takes 10 minutes to install. The cost is about 2600 rupees + taxes (3300) for a set.

If you have a 4x4 jeep/Gypsy, i definitely recommend getting them.

They don't make it for Temp Gurkha/Judo yet, but once i get my Gurkha I will take it there so they can take measure shaft and get the spline count to design the hubs for the Gurkha/judo.

You bet! Free wheeling hubs are a must-have for most 4x4 owners. I have heard only good things about Lambda.

Where did you purchase them from? I'll definately get them on my MM550XD, coming later this year.

I purchased it directly from the Lamda engineering in Bangalore. They are located in Veerasandra Industrial Estate on Hosur Road. On Hosur road driving towards Hosur, take your first left after Electronic City. They are OEM suppliers to Mahindra and Maruthi Gypsy. You can also order them at the Mahindra dealer, but I think you will pay a couple of hundred bucks more.

Really cheap!!!
Can you post a picture, I'm quite curious...

Ciao

Ignazio

Good one, I am considering form my Gypsy.

4X4Addict & GTO, This is what I found.

Freewheel hub:
  1. A type of hub fitted to the front axle of some four-wheel drive vehicles, in which the drive to the front wheels can be disconnected when the front axle is not being driven.
Dictionary of Automotive Terms Abbreviations

---------

what is it do? I could not understand by reading it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 781112)
what is it do? I could not understand by reading it!

In part time four wheel drive sytems when you drive in two wheel drive mode the Front axles/drive shaft is disconnected from the transfer case but they are still connected to the front wheels. Hence when the front wheels turn, they also turn the front axles/drive shaft. This has a number of drawbacks, Energy/power/milage gets wasted by turning the front axles/drive shaft when not needed. Secondly it adds to wear and tear of the front axles/drive shaft even when the jeep is driven in two wheel drive mode.

The free wheeling hubs disconnect the front wheels from the front drive shaft/axles so the front wheels can turn freely without having to turn the front shaft/axles along with the wheel, thereby conserving power/milage/energy and decreasing the wear and tear on the front drive line.

Crisp and clear explanation, 4x4addict !!!

if possible please post the pic of it, i would definately go for this for my gypsy

I'll get some pics tomorrow and post.

Great news for 4X4 owners. Thanks for sharing it with us. The older Gypsys came with the free wheeling hubs but as their sales went down they discontinued this due to cost issues.

My dad has WARN free wheeling hubs ling at home. He bought them at 300-400$ a set or something.

Could I have Lamda Eng contact nos/details.

thanks

sat

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 781122)
In part time four wheel drive sytems when you drive in two wheel drive mode the Front axles/drive shaft is disconnected from the transfer case but they are still connected to the front wheels. Hence when the front wheels turn, they also turn the front axles/drive shaft. This has a number of drawbacks, Energy/power/milage gets wasted by turning the front axles/drive shaft when not needed. Secondly it adds to wear and tear of the front axles/drive shaft even when the jeep is driven in two wheel drive mode.

The free wheeling hubs disconnect the front wheels from the front drive shaft/axles so the front wheels can turn freely without having to turn the front shaft/axles along with the wheel, thereby conserving power/milage/energy and decreasing the wear and tear on the front drive line.

Thanks for the layman's explanation that makes sense so much sense. :)

Pics please.. difficult to visualize.