Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:00   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Very interesting installation. Can we have a closer look at your mounting plate?
Hi Samurai,

I will surely get you pics of the installation once i'm in Jaipur this weekend provided the Jeep's not been taken.

Anyways my jeep would also have a similar installation so would let you know.

Cheers !!!!!!
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:06   #92
HPP
BHPian

We could probably start a new thread for this, but if there is more then one person who wants a winch, we should probably try to set up a group buy. It may save all of you money and also save on shipping. I can load all the winches onto a pallet and ship them that way. As individually they are 74lbs each and that is approx the limit any of the shippers will take as a normal package. If we do a pallet(or the like), we can cut shipping costs to you. Plus, since I'm just doing this as a favor to my t-bhp bros, it would be nice to cut the workload down to a minimum.

If we can ship to a central location/person you all trust, then you can distribute to each other within India. Does this sound OK? Or should we just stick to shipping to everyone individually? I can do that, but just wanted to get your opinions before I start to put this together. BTW, if I purchase multiple winches at a time, I can probably get a better price then the $599usd I've found so far for a Warn M8000.

Let me know what you guys think, and let me know if this should turn into it's own thread to try and get more attention from other t-bhp 4x4 enthusiasts.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

Thanks HPP,

I think everyone needs to know the price for the winch after duty and freight. $600 for a M8000 sounds good to me but not sure if everyone wants to spend that much as you can pick up Runva for RS16,000 in India.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:51   #94
Sha
BHPian

What about customs very important issue, it's difficult to get one winch but you want to send more,if anybody has touch in customs then it becomes easy.
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:16   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Thanks HPP,

I think everyone needs to know the price for the winch after duty and freight. $600 for a M8000 sounds good to me but not sure if everyone wants to spend that much as you can pick up Runva for RS16,000 in India.
Hi Satnam,

$600 sure is a good price and I'm willing to shell out that kind of money for a "Warn" as compared to approx. 80K that is being asked for them in India. I only went in for the Runva because if that packs up I can go for another as it wont pinch my pocket, 5 Runva's can come at a price of a Warn in India. The Warn sellers here are just asking too much.

A Warn at $600 is a steal. A "Warn is a Warn" nothin comes close to it.

Cheers !!!!!!!!
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:50   #96
Senior - BHPian

Randeep,

80K sounds similar to the price they charge for the M8000 in the UK. The Runva looks like a Warn clone would be interesting to know if anyone else on the forum can give a owners review on reliability.
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:57   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Randeep,

80K sounds similar to the price they charge for the M8000 in the UK. The Runva looks like a Warn clone would be interesting to know if anyone else on the forum can give a owners review on reliability.
Shaym Sir and Arjun at NIOC both have the Runva installed on their 3B and Gypsy. Shyam sir's pulled out lots of Jeeps stuck in various situations i've heard. Even Harjeev was mentioning that the winch performs well, I believe he has seen it in action. I have my fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!!
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:59   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Is this verdict based on some comparison review or just personal experience? Can you please elaborate on why Warn is much better than Ramsey, Milemarker, etc. I have a new acquired Ramsey REP8000, so I want to know what I am missing. I couldn't find any definitive comparison reviews on the web.
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:20   #99
Senior - BHPian

I guess they just have that reputation. Ramsey are also up there with them, there are a few elite quality makers then lots of others like Britpart, Superwinch etc etc.

If you google you will find lots of user reviews detailing how durable and reliable they are. Likewise there are a few good reviews of Runva as well. Parts for Warn in the UK can be obtained readily (and not very expensive) and they are easy to strip down and service/repair/replace parts. They do however have a high initial outlay.

Last edited by bigman : 3rd April 2009 at 11:21.
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:40   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Is this verdict based on some comparison review or just personal experience? Can you please elaborate on why Warn is much better than Ramsey, Milemarker, etc. I have a new acquired Ramsey REP8000, so I want to know what I am missing. I couldn't find any definitive comparison reviews on the web.
Samurai,

Well what I had mentioned was based on experiences of my friends in the U.S. and U.K. Warn and Britpart are both British brands and are really good as told to me by ExtremPower. I do not know much about Milemarker. Information on Britpart can be taken from ExtremePower as he has one fitted on his Gypsy. Ramsey is one of the best chinese winches and have seen many pics of them fitted on Wrangers in the U.S.
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:54   #101
Team-BHP Support

Ramsey is an American Winch, not chinese. You can't call Intel chips as chinese chips because they are made in Taiwan.
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:29   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Ramsey is an American Winch, not chinese. You can't call Intel chips as chinese chips because they are made in Taiwan.
My Bad,

I ment Runva is one of the best chinese winches.
Infact a friend of mine has a Ramsey model Q8000 lbs winch on his jeep in Jalandhar. He just told me that Warn and Ramsey are a bit similar but Warn is more widely used in the U.S.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:23   #103
BHPian

[COLOR=black]Hi,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]So you are ready to compromise on the safety, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Well Warn is more popular for their models & these machines are fast in pulling initially, Latter they get really hot, you cannot use it continuously, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]All models of warn are produced at China & shipped to US & then sent to different store all over the world, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]The hydraulic winch main pump for warn is produced at Pune, & they are the main supplier fro mile markers too, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]If you want to know more go the mile marker site see the comparison for the winches, you can see a video the testing of the winch of all the brands, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]On the Ramsey these are work load machines & will not fail, can winch non stop up to hundred jeeps in any condition,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]These are made only in the USA, they don’t outsource any part, only to maintain the quality levels. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Ramsey is Winch & pulley makers since very long.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Well it depends on what one would invest, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Generally in group of ours we tend to depend on others for winching us out, in US every Jeep is expected to have one, & self recovery is compulsory act of an offroader, & it is more of an required equipment & than a item to show, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Best regards[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Vinay thomas [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman']---------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT][/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Satnam,

$600 sure is a good price and I'm willing to shell out that kind of money for a "Warn" as compared to approx. 80K that is being asked for them in India. I only went in for the Runva because if that packs up I can go for another as it wont pinch my pocket, 5 Runva's can come at a price of a Warn in India. The Warn sellers here are just asking too much.

Cheers !!!!!!!!
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:12   #104
BHPian

Are there any hydraulic winches sold in India? Or should I go in for industrial winches used on recovery vehicles? I am looking for a PTO hydraulic setup.
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:23   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo View Post
Are there any hydraulic winches sold in India? Or should I go in for industrial winches used on recovery vehicles? I am looking for a PTO hydraulic setup.
What is the intended use MAN!!

Most Viewed