Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 02:19   #136
BHPian

@DKG: Your inputs please?
Old 4th May 2010, 20:46   #137
BHPian

This thread is not comparing apples to apples.

Infact why compare?? There are things which cannot be described in terms of mere statistics. A prado being compared to an MM540XD is not even fair, we would buy these vehicles for different uses. The money factor is to be included too. I am a noob, but I think the hummer h1 is the best off road vehicle one can have. If I had a Hummer H1, would I take it to an OTR - hell yeah, if I didnt care about the money for repairing it. Would I think of taking a Landcruiser Prado, or maybe a Scorpio or Safari in OTRs by Jeep Thrills or our t-BHP, I dont think so. But again, will I try doing the Dubai Sand Dunes in an MM550XD? Or driving from Mumbai to Arunachal Pradesh? Probably not.

The vest worn by an Ice Hockey player or a Rugby player will possibly have more protection qualities than cricket gear or padding? Ever expect Sachin Tendulkar to walk in in the MCG with rugby gear??
Old 19th February 2012, 19:46   #138
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra 4WD vs Modern 4WD

We used to have a Toyota Land Cruiser single cab pick up in the early 1990's. That was in the days prior to the modern Land Cruisers having every electronic gadget to run it. Those are definitely the hardier and easier to repair vehicles which is also a consideration when you are going on an expedition in the back of beyond where there is no access to a sanitised workshop.

In Namibia where lots of people have to travel long distances for necessities, similar to some parts of Australia, the preferred vehicle of choice is the older LC's as they can be repaired easily, a huge plus

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks