Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 15:07   #76
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic Installation pictorial Shahnawaz, we were discussing your experiment in the post-Sakaleshpur-OTR meet. Everyone was quite puzzled about the normally on difflocks. Prithwiraj was planning to calling you.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:36   #77
BHPian

thats really a nice job done , hey buddy how much did u spend all together

Regards,

Altaf
Old 19th August 2008, 16:11   #78
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Altaf your gang of Gypsy friends must really test this one out at Rajmachi, would love to see that happen
Old 19th August 2008, 17:04   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
...we were discussing your experiment in the post-Sakaleshpur-OTR meet. Everyone was quite puzzled about the normally on difflocks. Prithwiraj was planning to calling you.
Spoke to Prithvi today. He was mentioning about the fun you all had at the post OTR bash and the off-roading with your GV. So expect a report from you on that soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarvesh View Post
thats really a nice job done , hey buddy how much did u spend all together..
Altaf, thanks buddy. As DKG said, you folks need to get this done and try it out in rajamchi.

On the costs part, as the advt from 'MasterCard' says, Lockers -- 21K+; feeling of driving a locker enabled Gyspy -- priceless
Old 19th August 2008, 18:17   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

On the costs part, as the advt from 'MasterCard' says, Lockers -- 21K+; feeling of driving a locker enabled Gyspy -- priceless
ROFL - I tend to agree with you on the priceless part!
Old 20th August 2008, 10:32   #81
BHPian

yeah true its priceless , will try and put it soon.hey shahnawaz can i have your no if you dunt mind.

Regards,

Altaf
Old 20th August 2008, 10:39   #82
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Shahnawaz 21k is actually great value considering most big daddy lockers cost around $1000
Old 20th August 2008, 10:44   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
yeah true its priceless , will try and put it soon.hey shahnawaz can i have your no if you dunt mind...
Have PM'ed you my number. If ordering, order the LR 1530 part number. see posts on previous page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Shahnawaz 21k is actually great value considering most big daddy lockers cost around $1000
and I find these to be more comfortable than say the ARB (haven't used them though but saying this base don literature available).

Too bad that we don't get off the shelf mechanical performance mods/products for 4x4's in India.
Old 20th August 2008, 10:50   #84
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Too bad that we don't get off the shelf mechanical performance mods/products for 4x4's in India.
Its just a matter of time. You just started something that could see many Gypsies being upgraded. Once the route, the price and the method of install is transparent many more will join the upgrade mode.

If across India a healthy demand picks up Lock Right will appoint a dealer and do it officially. You never know MUL themselves could offer it as an accessory eventually if quite a few people demand it on a Gypsy. Infact our military order could specify that for the Gypsy!

The market eventually drives supply.

Last edited by DKG : 20th August 2008 at 10:51.
Old 20th August 2008, 10:54   #85
BHPian

just got to know the ARB diff locks rates , very expensive 45k, dealer in banglore

thanks for the no shahnawaz

Last edited by aah78 : 21st August 2008 at 23:14. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:01   #86
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Altaf what is your group's review of the Maxxis Mudzilla groove tyres? Do please let us know if they made a big difference. From the looks of it I'd think they would be great in slush. That one stretch in last year's video where almost everyone got stuck, should see if a Gypsy with these tyres can make it. Considering you guys are doing that terrain so often its a great trial ground to test upgrades
Old 20th August 2008, 11:09   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Its just a matter of time. You just started something that could see many Gypsies being upgraded. Once the route, the price and the method of install is transparent many more will join the upgrade mode...
I agree and I am soo very happy that more people are wiling to upgrade their Gypsyies for better off-road capabilities now. It's more fun when all of us combined together are capable of handling more difficult terrains. After all, no fun on doing off-roading alone.

Quote:
just got to know the ARB diff locks rates , very expensive 45k, dealer in banglore
I know, AND that's just the price pof the locker. You WOULD also need to arrange for an air source/compressor/pump unit in your vehicle .

I had contacted them for the locker install and didn't hear back from them. Surprisingly they didn't even know what an 'automatic positive locking differential' is and how it works.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th August 2008 at 11:13.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:39   #88
BHPian

the Maxxis Mudzilla groove tyres are just excellent and doing great for offroading , on road you will have a bumpy ride, but offroad its just amazing no chance for you to get stuck
Old 20th August 2008, 12:06   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Shahnawaz - I studied all your photographs in complete detail and now I know how it works and what all can happen to it. There are other possibilities. Let's see. I will be watching your Gypsy's performance.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 20th August 2008, 12:09   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Shahnawaz - I studied all your photographs in complete detail and now I know how it works and what all can happen to it. There are other possibilities. Let's see. I will be watching your Gypsy's performance....
mmmmmmmm.... should I be doing this or ?

Please do explain on what all can happen (in on/off road) and what are the other possibilities.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks