Team-BHP - Bolero Invader 4X2 to 4X4 Conversion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   Bolero Invader 4X2 to 4X4 Conversion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/46603-bolero-invader-4x2-4x4-conversion.html)

Hi All,

One of my friend owns a 4X2 Bolero Invader. He wants to convert it to a 4X4. Could you please advice on :

1. Whether we can convert 4X2 to 4X4 ? How much will it cost?

2. Can a rear seat be put on the back like the gypsy? How much will it cost to set it up?

4. A rear third brake light is required. Any good suggestions with photos?

5. Any leads for mechanics in Bangalore who would do all the above?

He was thrilled to see the Sakleshpura OTR photos and would join us in upcoming OTR's.

Cheers

I forget if the Bolero Invader had Independent Front Suspension up front. I think it does.

It is going to be very expensive to convert your friends 4x2 Bolero Invader to 4x4. In a nutshell this is what you will need:

1. 4x4 Gearbox with Transfer Case approx 90,000 Rupees new for the 5-Speed.
2. Conversion of front suspension to solid axle leaf springs up front or trying to install a 4x4 scorpio front independent suspension.

In my opinion he is better of selling it and paying the difference to get a 4x4 version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 996256)
.... In my opinion he is better of selling it and paying the difference to get a 4x4 version.

+1. Without getting into the technicalities, issues and process involved, the above mentioned advice is the best way forward.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 996256)
It is going to be very expensive to convert your friends 4x2 Bolero Invader to 4x4.

In my opinion he is better of selling it and paying the difference to get a 4x4 version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 996284)
+1. Without getting into the technicalities, issues and process involved, the above mentioned advice is the best way forward.

Thank you 4X4 addict, Khan_Sultan and Parm for the correct advice. Will let him know what needs to be done now.

He saw our photos from Sakleshpura and wants to own and take his Bolero for T-BHP OTR events too. Man this is addictive :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder_s1 (Post 996216)
Hi All,

One of my friend owns a 4X2 Bolero Invader. He wants to convert it to a 4X4. Could you please advice on :

2. Can a rear seat be put on the back like the gypsy? How much will it cost to set it up?

3. A rear third brake light is required. Any good suggestions with photos?

4. Any leads for mechanics in Bangalore who would do 2&3 above?

Cheers

Experts,

Could you please provide answers for the above 3 questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder_s1 (Post 997011)
Experts,

Could you please provide answers for the above 3 questions

here are some photos for your reference.

Quote:

Can be done, cost depends upon where you get it done. Shouldnt cost more then 5-6k. Folks in bangalore have a tendency to rip you off. Hope someone here suggests some good garage.

Quote:

4. A rear third brake light is required. Any good suggestions with photos?
Why is this required? Again can be done, decide where you want it located and let me know. We will do it over a weekend. Easy DIY job.

Quote:

5. Any leads for mechanics in Bangalore who would do all the above?
Mechanics are for the engines, for the abvove try and find a good fabricator or welding shop after you get the seat made with right dimensions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 997151)
here are some photos for your reference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 997220)
Can be done, cost depends upon where you get it done. Shouldnt cost more then 5-6k. Folks in bangalore have a tendency to rip you off. Hope someone here suggests some good garage.

Why is this required? Again can be done, decide where you want it located and let me know. We will do it over a weekend. Easy DIY job.

Mechanics are for the engines, for the abvove try and find a good fabricator or welding shop after you get the seat made with right dimensions.

Parm/Spitfire,

Thanks a lot guys for the responses and pics.

Need to get this done soon. Any good reliable welding shop/fabricator in Bangy where you have been?

Khan_Sultan,

How abt the place where you got your Gypsy shortened?

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder_s1

Need to get this done soon. Any good reliable welding shop/fabricator in Bangy where you have been?

Hi Inder,
There is one place near urvashi theatre where he does the body work(roll bar, soft top and any alterations) only for JEEPs. May be you can check it out there. Let me know i can take you there. Even i have to go to him for getting the soft top done for my JEEP.

Thanks Buddy,

Hopefully this weekend should be fine ... lemme chk and will let ya know :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder_s1
Hopefully this weekend should be fine ... lemme chk and will let ya know :)

How about this thursday? as we have holiday :) and this weekend i am leaving to chikmagalur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by star_aqua (Post 1006324)
How about this thursday? as we have holiday :) and this weekend i am leaving to chikmagalur.

I'm free this thursday ,need to chk with the friend .. will update tomorrow on that:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder_s1 (Post 1006721)
I'm free this thursday ,need to chk with the friend .. will update tomorrow on that:)

Hey Dude, My friend's ok for tomorrow also before going there he wanted to talk to the mechanic/fabricator.. could you PM me his #?

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder_s1 (Post 1007314)
Hey Dude, My friend's ok for tomorrow also before going there he wanted to talk to the mechanic/fabricator.. could you PM me his #?

Hey Inder, Sorry yaar i don't have his no. i forgot to take his no when i had been there :Frustrati. he can just visit the garage and can take a quotation on the work. Let me know what your friend want to talk about. i will PM you my no.