Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2009, 16:39   #91
fk7
BHPian

excellent workmanship fazal sahab,

i am very inspired by the work done. we need to see more interior pictures.

I personally am interested to see the workings of the soft top and how it has been put together. I am thinking of a similar setup for my MM550 with forward facing seats at the back.

I can see that you have got Appollo Bullet tyres. It is so difficult to source these tyres in Calicut. Are they easily available in hyd?

Got many more questions, will ask as and when they come up. hope you dont mind.

Please post more interior pictures.

FK
Old 22nd February 2009, 16:40   #92
BHPian

Superb work done. I am all praises. Attention to detail is amazing. Loved the canopy design and detail. I see a complex system of scissor top and roll-bar inside the canopy. Please post more details/pics of that. Also if possible please post pics with canopy removed.
Hats off to you. Certainly in top five 550 restoration/modifications I have seen so far.

cheers
vishwas

p.s. In my opinion the area where the front cab top meets the rear, that join should have flap in other direction i.e backwards so as to prevent water from coming in when driving in rain. Also it would make noise when driving fast.
Old 22nd February 2009, 16:45   #93
Senior - BHPian

beautifully done! i really liked the paint job.

PS: doesn't the plastic cladding looks wider than the tread of tyre/axle. or its just in this image.
Old 22nd February 2009, 17:12   #94
Senior - BHPian

Dear fazal,
Good looking jeep!! Worth the wait! Honest opinion, this one doesnt beat your ex white jeep. The fenders protrude out too much to my liking and the M&M logo on the windscreen look out of place. Simple Mahindra badge should give it tougher look.

Post some interior pics, mechanical details etc....

great job on the whole
cheers

vinod
Old 22nd February 2009, 17:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

WOW! GREAT! AMAZING!

now thats a jeep done by taste and workmanship!

looks like you will be flooded with orders from forum members to get their jeeps done by you!

waiting to see the photos of the jeep without the soft top and some interior photos too!
Old 22nd February 2009, 17:35   #96
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Amazing work....tastefully done..
But the cladding from front looks bit awkward,seems bit bigger...
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:44   #97
Senior - BHPian

Great work sir!!! very well done

Could you please shed some light on what this custom leaf spring means?
Have you changed the leaf springs or modified them for better ride!!!
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:57   #98
BHPian

Fazal:

Like most of the guys who have already said - GREAT JOB!!

yeah - I too don't like the big plastics on the wheels; and yeah I would like to see the interiors...

You are going to give some stiff competition to Bharat Motors!
Old 22nd February 2009, 23:23   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Dear Jeepers and friends,
This thread is a continuation to the previous thread “Working on a 540
Related link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ing-540-a.html
Posting the evolution pictures was needlessly slow as this project took much longer than expected. In brief, my forever-young (mid 50's.) cousin wanted a 4X4 for his trips in the Masinagudi jungle located between Ooty and Bandipur, where he has a resort. As it is located off road and in the Jungle he felt the need and pangs to own one such vehicle, which should be 4X4, high rider, lights at the rear and front, completely - part convertible, comfy as a car etc. but he liked the Bolero Di which the vehicle came with as it is fuel efficient. (Point).
Hi Fazal,
Very good workmanship brother.
But whats with this colour ya? Your cousin needed a vehicle to visit his resort in a Jungle so why did you choose such a bright colour that too Orange? Could have gone for more earthy colours such as a different shade of green, sand colour or
browns. In a jungle environment the vehicle should blend in.

It was just what I felt, no offense.

The other detailing is perfect.

Cheers !!!!!
Old 22nd February 2009, 23:48   #100
Senior - BHPian

Randeep,
!00% right about the colour, but earth tones would have put him off. No offence taken and thanks for your appreciation.
Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Fazal,
Very good workmanship brother.
But whats with this colour ya? Your cousin needed a vehicle to visit his resort in a Jungle so why did you choose such a bright colour that too Orange? Could have gone for more earthy colours such as a different shade of green, sand colour or
browns. In a jungle environment the vehicle should blend in.

It was just what I felt, no offense.

The other detailing is perfect.

Cheers !!!!!
GT,
Thanks, the fibre fenders look wide from a front low angle I think, and the Apollo are not as wide as Sandgrip could be another reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
Fazal:

Like most of the guys who have already said - GREAT JOB!!

yeah - I too don't like the big plastics on the wheels; and yeah I would like to see the interiors...

You are going to give some stiff competition to Bharat Motors!
Harjeev, today I had to go for a OTR/BBQ in this Jeep so there was not much time, posted pics and left, it was a very well organised one by Shams and Wads78. The guys were somewhere in the interiors doing mud and slush, so I halted at base camp but could not resist the temptation to try out a 10 foot 45 degree mound there, The Di surprised me the way it went up. Will post pics of leaf springs and all. soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Great work sir!!! very well done

Could you please shed some light on what this custom leaf spring means?
Have you changed the leaf springs or modified them for better ride!!!
Agspins,
Thanks, cladding I have given the reasons for and also the missing indicator lamps on the front mudguard could be another reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Congrats Amazing work....tastefully done..
But the cladding from front looks bit awkward,seems bit bigger...
Parm,
Dont know about the floods but thankyou for your appreciation, interiors and topless are on the way soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
WOW! GREAT! AMAZING!

now thats a jeep done by taste and workmanship!

looks like you will be flooded with orders from forum members to get their jeeps done by you!

waiting to see the photos of the jeep without the soft top and some interior photos too!
Vinod,
Yes! agree with you about the white Jeep, and logo part too.
Not much to add to the mechanical details as it is a Di but will post pics.
Thanks for your appreciation and support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Dear fazal,
Good looking jeep!! Worth the wait! Honest opinion, this one doesnt beat your ex white jeep. The fenders protrude out too much to my liking and the M&M logo on the windscreen look out of place. Simple Mahindra badge should give it tougher look.

Post some interior pics, mechanical details etc....

great job on the whole
cheers

vinod
SirALec,
Thankyou! it could be the low angle front pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
beautifully done! i really liked the paint job.

PS: doesn't the plastic cladding looks wider than the tread of tyre/axle. or its just in this image.
Vish,
It is a simple system of rollover and scissor frame, will post pics of it topless atleast half.

My nagging doubt about the rain getting in was negated by others who got it done and just today went outskirts and no sound of wind whistling either.
Thanks for your appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
Superb work done. I am all praises. Attention to detail is amazing. Loved the canopy design and detail. I see a complex system of scissor top and roll-bar inside the canopy. Please post more details/pics of that. Also if possible please post pics with canopy removed.
Hats off to you. Certainly in top five 550 restoration/modifications I have seen so far.

cheers
vishwas

p.s. In my opinion the area where the front cab top meets the rear, that join should have flap in other direction i.e backwards so as to prevent water from coming in when driving in rain. Also it would make noise when driving fast.

Last edited by Samurai : 24th February 2009 at 00:12.
Old 23rd February 2009, 00:35   #101
BHPian

Gracefully Done!! Must be feeling alighted now!!! Congrats!!!
Old 23rd February 2009, 02:53   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Harjeev, today I had to go for a OTR/BBQ in this Jeep so there was not much time, posted pics and left, it was a very well organised one by Shams and Wads78. The guys were somewhere in the interiors doing mud and slush, so I halted at base camp but could not resist the temptation to try out a 10 foot 45 degree mound there, The Di surprised me the way it went up. Will post pics of leaf springs and all. soon.
Fazal Bhai,

It was nice seeing your jeep in person. Liked it a lot and it sure was a head turner.

And thanks for turning up @ the event and it sure was very well organized (thanks to Shams). Hope you had fun! and yeah totally agree with the 45 degree incline part...
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:45   #103
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear Moderators,
Please club my replies as I still am figuring out how to multiquote.
Thanks
A visit to our detailed FAQ section is surely in order.
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:27   #104
NIP
Senior - BHPian

nice job ! but the colour is definitely NOT for the jungles. even bright clothes are avoided in the jungles. i was in masinagudi a couple of weeks ago, and i was made to replace my red sweater with a dark green one by the lodge owner (green sweater was provided by him). He was in fact amused when I walked to the jeep for an early morning safari with a bright red sweater ! no offence meant to anyone, but this jeep is gonna stick out in the flourecent masinagudi greens ! its gonna drive away the wildlife if anything...

Last edited by NIP : 23rd February 2009 at 19:32.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:52   #105
BHPian

Quote:
GT,
Thanks, the fibre fenders look wide from a front low angle I think, and the Apollo are not as wide as Sandgrip could be another reason.
This is something even I found odd. Though even my jeep has these same flares and sandgrips and they looks great on them but it looks some what awkward and too wide on your orange jeep. Dunno, may be the angle of pic or maybe apollo bullets are narrower than MRF sandgrips as you mentioned.
Between those flares look excellent. Where did you procure them? Are they fibreglass or plastic? I have the same flares but their finish is very shoddy.

cheers
vishwas

edit: and yes finally the edit button and no more waiting for post approval!!

Last edited by vishwaschettri : 23rd February 2009 at 22:54. Reason: Finally got the power!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks