Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2008, 18:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad,WWII Jeep Gun Racks

Interested ones will enjoy the pics of this gun rack "hand fabricated" here in Hyderabad, though there are others who do this fabrication, Closest to the original is Sharfuddin with attention to match each and every rivett. All that you see in picture is handcrafted and materials used are as on original.
" Koi bhi Bandook fit kar lo aur dekhlo Sahib..agar nai fit huvi toh paise wapis kardatoun" that is his verbal unlimitted warranty.
His charges Rs. 2500 per peice, takes immense pride in his work and has decades of experience fabricating Willys, Ford and Kaiser Jeeps.
Hyderabad,WWII Jeep Gun Racks-gun1.jpg

Hyderabad,WWII Jeep Gun Racks-gun-2.jpg

Hyderabad,WWII Jeep Gun Racks-gun-3.jpg

Hyderabad,WWII Jeep Gun Racks-gun-4.jpg
Old 1st December 2008, 10:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
....has decades of experience fabricating Willys, Ford and Kaiser Jeeps...
Sir,
I think you have been able to get hold of a gem of an enthusiast fabricator. By the way, has he ever done anything to convert the front bonnet look of MM 540's to Kaiser? Just interested to know because the kaiser's front design looks much muscular than the mahindra ones.
-Best regards,
Old 1st December 2008, 10:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Sir,
I think you have been able to get hold of a gem of an enthusiast fabricator. By the way, has he ever done anything to convert the front bonnet look of MM 540's to Kaiser? Just interested to know because the kaiser's front design looks much muscular than the mahindra ones.
-Best regards,
Kandisa,
There are many fabricators who are better than this guy, in Hyderabad.
Why I patronize him is because he knows what delivering as promised to the client on time means, other guys are way off by months.
Kaiser bonnet design on a 540 is no big deal with fabricators here and there are Jeep owners here who have recessed their 540/550 headlamps and moved them inwards into the front grille exactly like on Kaiser, you would never be able to tell the difference.

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 1st December 2008 at 10:26.
Old 1st December 2008, 10:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kandisa,
Why I patronize him is because he knows what delivering as promised to the client on time means, other guys are way off by months.
Kaiser bonnet design on a 540 is no big deal with fabricators here and there are Jeep owners here who have recessed their 540/550 headlamps and moved them inwards into the front grille exactly like on Kaiser, you would never be able to tell the difference.

Wow...guys from Hyd help me if someone can help me finding side view mirrors for Classic. If not the original atleast a similar replica holders aka the clamps.
Old 1st December 2008, 13:24   #5
BHPian

Nice Gun rack, I too have some pics on some racks made in jaipur which i shall share with you guys shortly.

Randeep
Old 1st December 2008, 17:09   #6
BANNED

Nice to see some rare parts being manufactured locally.

This inturn would help so many restorers like me to grab some when really required.

BTW take a look at this, Nothing to beat the NEW and ORIGINAL SPARE.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad,WWII Jeep Gun Racks-dsc068151.jpg  

Old 1st December 2008, 17:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kandisa,
Indeed, delivering in time is the last you can expect from the mechanics, its rare to find someone like that. Regarding the kaiser look, sir apart from the headlamps, there is a significant difference in the bonnet look also (in the marked section in the following picture) which makes the look more muscular. I guess this surely will involve some cutting and fabrication in the 540s.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad,WWII Jeep Gun Racks-dabra20071.jpg  

Last edited by Kandisa : 1st December 2008 at 17:41. Reason: addition
Old 2nd December 2008, 11:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Nice to see some rare parts being manufactured locally.

This inturn would help so many restorers like me to grab some when really required.

BTW take a look at this, Nothing to beat the NEW and ORIGINAL SPARE.
Nice blackout lamp Pawan, you can get the same original and brand new lamp here in Hyderabad for 1000 a peice. They go on the mudguards and are more effective if you remove the blackout hood.
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:03   #9
BHPian

Gun Racks and Gun Holders

Hi Fazal,

I'd like to share with you a certain gun holder that i stumbled upon the net which i plan to get made for my Jeep

Regards

Randeep

Quote:
Interested ones will enjoy the pics of this gun rack "hand fabricated" here in Hyderabad, though there are others who do this fabrication, Closest to the original is Sharfuddin with attention to match each and every rivett. All that you see in picture is handcrafted and materials used are as on original.
" Koi bhi Bandook fit kar lo aur dekhlo Sahib..agar nai fit huvi toh paise wapis kardatoun" that is his verbal unlimitted warranty.
His charges Rs. 2500 per peice, takes immense pride in his work and has decades of experience fabricating Willys, Ford and Kaiser Jeeps.
Attachment 74658

Attachment 74659

Attachment 74660

Attachment 74661
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad,WWII Jeep Gun Racks-107248_ts.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 2nd December 2008, 16:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Fazal,

I'd like to share with you a certain gun holder that i stumbled upon the net which i plan to get made for my Jeep

Regards

Randeep
Randeep,
Thats a nice holster, never seen it before but get it done in thick leather. Thanks for sharing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks