Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 11:55   #16
BHPian

I am quite curious about this thing -
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
The issue mentioned by your mechanic is true with an marutis, if the battery earthing does not make contact with the body, as that is the only connection that remains between the electrical earth. You should get that checked.
AFAIK, the clutch is a purely mechanical device, so how does earthing come in the picture? And, how can it make the clutch hard? I am just confused!
Old 19th May 2009, 07:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

One can increase the leverage in the gearbox shaft to make the clutch softer..~!
Old 19th May 2009, 13:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeet080808 View Post
AFAIK, the clutch is a purely mechanical device, so how does earthing come in the picture? And, how can it make the clutch hard? I am just confused!
The clutch cable runs on a lubricated inner cover (sheath) that makes it light in feel. IFF, by improper earthing or welding connections, the clutch cable comes in contact, for some silly reason, then all the lubricating properties of the clutch cable becomes null and void making the clutch hard.
Old 19th May 2009, 13:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The clutch cable runs on a lubricated inner cover (sheath) that makes it light in feel. IFF, by improper earthing or welding connections, the clutch cable comes in contact, for some silly reason, then all the lubricating properties of the clutch cable becomes null and void making the clutch hard.
That is something new for me! Maybe an electric short circuit happens and the clutch cable is used as ground. This can lead to the cable heating up and hence the lubes evaporate.
Old 19th May 2009, 17:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

@abhijeet080808, I have seen this happen with maruti, reason may be as you said the cable heats up , or may be the electrical charge decomposes the lub in the cable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks