Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2009, 08:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post

....safari parameters does not mean that parameters work after they have a look at the chassis or body work,using similar exaust and intake should by and large solve a number of problems.also vehicles without traction control,i dont really recall that ecu has anything to do with gearing,apart from monitoring gear oil temp in some vehicles.i guess even speedometer does not give any input to ecm. throttle positioning is done through position of air intake butterfly not the pedal inside cabin(asfar as i know
We have members of Team-BHP who design and program ECUs for a living. They have written in depth posts on this site about what it takes to swap in an ECU controlled engine. Their opinion differs from yours.
Old 24th May 2009, 20:37   #32
BANNED

OMG! people design ECU here..? that too for a living? i think Bosch and delphi has 3000 strong engineer team,working on song to design a single unit,then they sell same thing for years with changes to flashed program, which in turn are developed by some other giant like infosys,HCL and other majors!

by designing,i hope you did not mean,flashing a new map on ECM .that too developed by some one else based in england?

installing a Cd to a lappy,connecting OBD ,and saving new sets for map,if thats Tuning. Its your call Sir.
Old 6th January 2010, 14:14   #33
BHPian

bolero engine swap

thanks for that excellent post , i have a 05 bolero XD3P with 44000k on the clock. the engine is in BRILLIANT condition and everything's fine. im just so sick of this car's sluggish acceleration and total lack of top speed 125kmph and cruising speed 90kmph. i love my car and plan to keep it for as long as possible. i don't want to go off road but plan on doing some serious touring in the near future and i feel this engine even though is fit for such duty.. will nevertheless ruin my trips thanks to its depressing performance. i live in the mumbai pune area and we have a large number of Scorpio and 2.2 dicor engines and gear boxes on sale which have been salvaged from total loss wrecks. pls advise me how far will it be possible to fit any of the above mentioned engines and gearboxes in my 05 bolero and what would be a fair price for one of these engine/gear box sets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
( Jat devta ki jai),I personally think it would and could and should be an amazing project.
========================
And i remember someone saying that Ecu will have problem with water/rain in jeep.
all vehicles come with water proof ECU,also if you allow water to climb upto the level where ECU is mounted,your engine would have already given up before that level by sucking water through various inlets.
you better concentrate on designing a Submarine not jeeps

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th January 2010 at 22:08. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for a short reply, Thanks
Old 6th January 2010, 20:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

You had better read the whole thread. Most posters think this notion is far too problematic to be taken seriously.
Old 6th January 2010, 21:37   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

@darxide, why not get a Scorp CRDe engine for your Bolero. The Bolero now comes with the CRDe engine, should be a more practical implant than the Safari engine.

What are the prices of the Safari engine & g/b, and also those of the Scorpios ?
Old 7th January 2010, 13:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Why not a Toyota engine, I have seen many Sierra's fitted with Toyota's engines. But, just a prediction about specs it might be a Toyota 2.4 ltr Turbo engine.
Old 7th January 2010, 15:13   #37
BHPian

I'm sure most of these engines will fit, I just don't understand the engine & gearbox mounting bit. ive seen engine swaps in zens, fiats, gypsys etc. but never figured it out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks