Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 18:05   #16
BHPian

thanks to Jyobeb, i could get another ECM, but the bad news is that with the new ecm, the problem persists, so i think that the ECm prob is ruled out, but then it leaves me a with a big question, THEN WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM? NEED HELP GUYS AND FAST.

i have already converted the Bolero into a manual 4x4, using a unique cantraption of cables, and that works, rather effectively, but i want the original to work, please
Old 9th July 2009, 19:27   #17
BHPian

hey guys, please help me, the 4wd works fine, using my unique cable system, but can someone help me with Borgs warner system?
Old 10th July 2009, 01:20   #18
BHPian

Hi mate,
have you or your mechanic tryed to disconnect the motor from the transfer case and checked for regular rotation?
On the motor there are sliding contacts they maybe faulty, also as someone else suggested check the clutch switch.
I have the garage manual of my Tata, I'll have a look about diagnostic and error codes and let you know.

Ciao

Ignazio
Old 10th July 2009, 13:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
Hi mate,
have you or your mechanic tryed to disconnect the motor from the transfer case and checked for regular rotation?
On the motor there are sliding contacts they maybe faulty, also as someone else suggested check the clutch switch.
I have the garage manual of my Tata, I'll have a look about diagnostic and error codes and let you know.

Ciao

Ignazio
yeah, we have tried that too, the moter rurns on its own when disconnected from the transfer case, but moves only on 1 speed, the code shows moter fault, but i tried interchanging the moter, to no avail, i have also checked the clutch switch
Old 10th July 2009, 13:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
...but moves only on 1 speed.... to no avail...
Hi Mate, can you describe a bit better the above?
a) It moves at 1 speed or only on 1 position?
b) Did you try with another motor or it is not available?

I'll try to find a picture of the motor sliding contacts and post it..

Ciao

Ignazio
Old 29th July 2009, 12:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
Hi Mate, can you describe a bit better the above?
a) It moves at 1 speed or only on 1 position?
b) Did you try with another motor or it is not available?

I'll try to find a picture of the motor sliding contacts and post it..

Ciao

Ignazio
it moves only with 1 speed, it dosent move in 4WL position
i tries fitting it with another moter, and a different ECM also, but till the same result, and thanks for the intrest.
Old 29th July 2009, 19:14   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear whitemm550 - please post some photographs of the "cable contraption", whatever that is. As far as electric shift is concerned, finally there is a motor which correctly locates the shifter shaft inside the transfer case. The electronic part is essentially an algorithm which selects results based on preset inputs. If these can be given manually, as far as the motor is not faulty, you should be able to get away by manually commanding the motor.

As all this may be latin and greek to some of you, yes, I do agree that the plain and simple lever is the best solution to engage and disengage 4 wheel drive.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2009, 11:32   #23
BHPian

he he he

Quote:
thanks to Jyobeb, i could get another ECM, but the bad news is that with the new ecm, the problem persists, so i think that the ECm prob is ruled out, but then it leaves me a with a big question, THEN WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM? NEED HELP GUYS AND FAST.

i have already converted the Bolero into a manual 4x4, using a unique cantraption of cables, and that works, rather effectively, but i want the original to work, please
Quote:
now i have 3 options
1. sell my Bolero
2. find a lternate system without altering the Electric system
3. Go Manual

guys please Help

Ok how much are you selling it for?
Old 24th August 2009, 08:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey guys, please help me, the 4wd works fine, using my unique cable system, but can someone help me with Borgs warner system?
How old is your Bolero ? Just a suggestion you can try taking it to some garage specializing in Safari they may be knowledgeable about Borg warner electric 4X4 and will be in position to trouble shoot replacing parts.
Old 6th September 2009, 20:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
As far as electric shift is concerned, finally there is a motor which correctly locates the shifter shaft inside the transfer case. The electronic part is essentially an algorithm which selects results based on preset inputs. If these can be given manually, as far as the motor is not faulty, you should be able to get away by manually commanding the motor.

As all this may be latin and greek to some of you, yes, I do agree that the plain and simple lever is the best solution to engage and disengage 4 wheel drive.
Any progress on the ECM problem? Can we convert the GB to a manual 4wd shift?
Old 7th September 2009, 17:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
How old is your Bolero ? Just a suggestion you can try taking it to some garage specializing in Safari they may be knowledgeable about Borg warner electric 4X4 and will be in position to trouble shoot replacing parts.
Amit. you know some one, can you help me with somebodies number please??
Old 25th November 2009, 19:23   #27
BHPian

hey guys, please try and find aa guy to help me with the ECM problem of my Bolero 4x4, i am ready to drive down to Pune/ Bangalore/ Mumbai
Old 25th November 2009, 19:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear whitemm550 - please post some photographs of the "cable contraption", whatever that is. As far as electric shift is concerned, finally there is a motor which correctly locates the shifter shaft inside the transfer case. The electronic part is essentially an algorithm which selects results based on preset inputs. If these can be given manually, as far as the motor is not faulty, you should be able to get away by manually commanding the motor.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
sir i request you to kindly enlighten me on this issue. please
Old 25th November 2009, 19:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
hey guys, please try and find aa guy to help me with the ECM problem of my Bolero 4x4, i am ready to drive down to Pune/ Bangalore/ Mumbai
Dear whitemm550,

Send a PM to Suresh Stephen. He has done this modification in his Armada Grand, which has the same setup as your Bolero (Borg Warner Electric Shift)
He has done a 2 lever setup, and i have seen that personally.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 1st December 2009, 17:21   #30
BHPian

thanks for the suggestion, but personally i would like to restore either the original set up. or i would love to change the transfer case to a Gypsy one and get the mod done, can any one help with that????

Most Viewed