Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:15   #16
BHPian

ashwat,

I have been houding the force motor guys too. From what I gather,

1. the new Gurkha based on OM611 will be a followon the OM 611 based traveller
2. the new Gurkha will be released only after successful running on the trax cruiser and toofan range, if force motors is convinced on the market for OM611 based gurkhas.
3. Again the OM611 on TRAX will be released only in BSIII versions and not in the EURO IV versions.

If you are submitting a petition/request to Mr. Firodia, then maybe you can goad him to release the export version which is a 5 door 2750 w/base model for export only.

This version is supposed to be offering an option of OM611 already. Please check attached PDF.

do let me know of any positive outcomings.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TRAXArmored[1].pdf (1.52 MB, 1052 views)
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:19   #17
BHPian

ashwat,

I have been houding the force motor guys too. From what I gather,

1. the new Gurkha based on OM611 will be a follow on to the OM 611 based traveller
2. the new Gurkha will be released only after successful running on the trax cruiser and toofan range, again this is only if force motors is convinced that there is a market for OM611 based gurkhas.
3. Further, the OM611 on TRAX will be released only in BSIII versions and not in the EURO IV versions.

If you are submitting a petition/request to Mr. Firodia, then maybe you can goad him to release the export version which is a 5 door 2750 w/base model for domestic markets which is currently for export only.

Strangely this version is offering an option of OM611 already!!. Please check attached PDF.

do let me know of any positive outcomings.

Cheers!
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:09   #18
BHPian

Hi Ashwat,

According to my information there are currently no plans of bringing back the Gurkha. The only gurkhas that are still manufactured are for exporting to african countries (on a made to order basis) where the emission norms are not that strict. Also even if the company decides to re-lanch the gurkha it'll need to undergo many design changes and not just the engine change.

The OM611 engine is currently being offered on vehicles being exported and will be tested first on the T1 (traveller) line in India but not before next year. Later on they will be put on the trax and cruiser line. Therefore as you can see the gurkha is nowhere part of the immediate planning.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:25   #19
BHPian

Well if I can add my two cents over here, we all are just

The G32 gear box is ready.

I had been to pune at force motors and when I told them about the ecomobil site where they say TRAX is available with 611 they laughed.

I have searched various threads and various forums there is no such thing as Trax with 611 engine. They tried couple of things like Genda for Israeli military in collabration with Seymore which was more like armored trax but it fizzled out ages ago.

There are not many vehicles with 611 engine in trax body out there, and all of which I think I might know would be inside the compound of their factory disintegrating to bits and pieces.

There is in fact no demand for Gurkha even in the country. Why to have a thread like this. If you like Gurkha then buy it. It wont help in being wishful.

We all know in every 3-4 years HONDA changes their car models, but still we buy Honda. Have you seen anybody waiting for the newer engine or body shell. WHY are you waiting friend -- Time Pass

Many people would give their word, and vote for Gurkha but not their money.
Gurkha (for whatever reasons) has not succeeded as a 4x4 vehicle in Indian Market or anyplace else - Period.

** PS: Personally I love the vehicle but still do not see any value in this thread. This would mean the engineers, marketing professionals which Force has hired are NuTs. If we think so, then why bother buying a vehicle manufactured by such group!

Last edited by rhandle : 3rd July 2009 at 13:28.
Old 4th July 2009, 10:26   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Time to move on folks !!

I totaly agree with rhandle here. People have been flogging this Gurkha om611 story to death .

If you need a 4WD vehicle, buy the current Gurkha or any other 4WD vehicles available. Don't hold your breath for a killer vehicle from Force.
Old 4th July 2009, 12:17   #21
BHPian

rHandle, well said about the refresh cycle of the Honda's etc. this definetly puts a fresh perspective to the discussion.

Cheers!

Shiv
Old 4th July 2009, 12:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
If you need a 4WD vehicle, buy the current Gurkha or any other 4WD vehicles available. Don't hold your breath for a killer vehicle from Force.
I agree. I will believe the "OM611-in-a-Trax/Gurkha" story when I see the vehicle in my local showroom. I've tried to buy a GAMA from Force a couple of months back and am still recovering from the experience

Anyway, if Force does get its act together and surprise us all, I would prefer that they bring the Judo (Gama with Gurkha features) back with improved interiors and basic comforts.

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:43   #23
BHPian

So did this exercise brought any results Ashwat, and what was result of your talks at Pune?

My talks and visit both proved futile :(
Old 12th August 2009, 08:42   #24
BHPian

My visit to the Pithampur factory has added to my frustration.

1. I did walk around the "06 line" the OM611 variant manufacturing line which is ready to produce 2000 units per month.

2. The G32 Gear Box for the new Engine is aslo supposed to be ready, people showed me the Engineering drawings for the same.

3. I did see three T1's with the new engine ready for dispatch.

4. I was also told by the production/assembly line manager that he has sent 4 new TRAX class vehciles to R&D in Pune sometime ago with the new Gear Box.

My Inference from the entire episode,

Due to the high costs of the imported components required for the new Gear Box and the Engine, Mass production is not an economically viable solution.

When the new engine will be launched with the right mix of local components will be now anybody's guess work.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:15   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

OM611/G32 combo in a vehicle with abysmal interiors and poor quality is like putting lipstick on a pig. They need to revise the overall package and be able to price it as a premium product. Atleast to compete with the likes of Bolero Storm/Grande/Xylo etc.

Taking the current Taxi/Rural version an plonking in an OM611 won't do any good. They cabby buys the trax because he can pay road tax for a 13 seater and accomodate a bus load of people, not because of the powertrain.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OM611/G32 combo in a vehicle with abysmal interiors and poor quality is like putting lipstick on a pig. They need to revise the overall package and be able to price it as a premium product. Atleast to compete with the likes of Bolero Storm/Grande/Xylo etc.

Taking the current Taxi/Rural version an plonking in an OM611 won't do any good. They cabby buys the trax because he can pay road tax for a 13 seater and accomodate a bus load of people, not because of the powertrain.
I agree overall but I would say its more like a race horse dressed up like a donkey.
Old 12th August 2009, 22:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
They need to better the interiors in terms of comfort - not meaning luxury here but simple convenient things in vehicle. Hope they understand.

I would also appreciate better craftsmanship. They can then sell me that combination in any manner. Even the color on my Gurkha is peeling off - like paint falls of from a wet wall - at one place

On second thoughts -> What the heck... let them reduce the price accordingly and do not provide the interiors, tyres or anything, just the engine, chasis and I would get everything done myself from color. I will buy it.

Last edited by rhandle : 12th August 2009 at 22:32.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:10   #28
BHPian

Any inputs yet gents on the favorite topic.?
Old 18th September 2009, 21:55   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. If you need a vehicle in the next 25 years buy something available. If you have infinite patience and can wait endlessly, wait for the OM611 Gurkha.
Old 19th September 2009, 09:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. If you need a vehicle in the next 25 years buy something available. If you have infinite patience and can wait endlessly, wait for the OM611 Gurkha.

I wonder is anyone from Force reads these forums. It must sting pretty bad.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks