Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:01   #31
BHPian

Well not many have seen Gurkha from Force and the changes they are doing are from their customer feedback. What you expect from them. If people call me up and ask for feedback (Force have distributed my number freely :( ) until and unless I feel the person is really want it for off-road and not for sosha (snob value) I tell the people it's not a worth buy.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

In addition to this Force needs to bring back the Judo, i.e 4Door Trax with OM611/4WD/AC/PS and optional diff locks. If I can get this combo, I will be the first one to get it.
Start saving my friend, next year end you might have to shell out enough money!
Old 25th November 2009, 17:47   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Start saving my friend, next year end you might have to shell out enough money!
This is great news buddy. I gather you are privy to some inside information
Old 25th November 2009, 18:09   #34
BHPian

hope the trax with Om611 doesnt end up like the lochness or the big foot...just another legendary myth.
Old 25th November 2009, 18:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
hope the trax with Om611 doesnt end up like the lochness or the big foot...just another legendary myth.
Wait and watch my friend!!
Old 25th November 2009, 18:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Wait and watch my friend!!
i for one would love to see this myth become a reality. . We should have one heck of a stonkin offroader on indian roads but again with trax service and the current interior trims even if it was launched then there will not be too many takers unless Force does some major rejig of its service network and take a relook at providing better creature comforts on the vehicle.
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:07   #37
BHPian

Was talking to a dealer source...it seems Force is introducing a new vehicle (SUV) with the new engine (perhaps 611?) at the jan auto show in Delhi..this will be a CRDI engine, Euro 3 (not 4?) and also 4WD!. The chassis is also supposedly different /new from the Gama/Gurkha type.

Since Xylo, new Sumo etc., have been failures by and large and Innova etc., are in another league, this can easily sell a lot if it looks presentable and priced reasonable.

Wonder if like all other makers, Force will keep current Gama lineup and plonk the new engine gearbox to cater to Euro III norms.

Last edited by Traxter : 23rd December 2009 at 11:09.
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxter View Post
Was talking to a dealer source...it seems Force is introducing a new vehicle (SUV) with the new engine (perhaps 611?) at the jan auto show in Delhi..this will be a CRDI engine, Euro 3 (not 4?) and also 4WD!. The chassis is also supposedly different /new from the Gama/Gurkha type.

Since Xylo, new Sumo etc., have been failures by and large and Innova etc., are in another league, this can easily sell a lot if it looks presentable and priced reasonable.

Wonder if like all other makers, Force will keep current Gama lineup and plonk the new engine gearbox to cater to Euro III norms.

yes you are absouletly right this new vehicles will come in price band of Rs 11 Lakhs with body coming from china, all new chassis, new engine & gearbox (tentatively this wont be the Om611), that would be a surprise at autoexpo... also this vehicle can come as fast as May or June as work on assembly fixtures is in full swing also lot of trips to china are in place. Further this new chassis would be transferred to trax.
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:42   #39
BHPian

Bond Will it be able to beat Gurkha in it's performance off-road?
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Bond Will it be able to beat Gurkha in it's performance off-road?
Well I dont have info about this.. but look wise it has got killer looks ... 5 bodies have come today for assembling which would be displayed at expo delhi...
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:23   #41
BHPian

I heard 'quiet, modern Mercedes engine' if not OM611, then hopefully it something newer as 611 is not exactly new even by our standards.

But you have poured a lot of cold water already by uttering the C word and also price of 11 lakhs. Sad a company known for 'ugly but rugged and lasts for a lifetime' image going for Chinese stuff with all the low quality, faked and use-and-throw reputation mostly well deserved.
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:34   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

I pity any Indian automobile company that has to depend on the chinese. Sorry state of affairs. I wish they would do what Mahindra and Tata's have done. Build as much as youc an inhouse and if you lack some skills expertise tie up with a good western company that can help you like AVL Austria for the mhawk and safari 2.2 engines.
Old 25th December 2009, 21:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

The Trax 4X4 story - new twist now !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxter View Post
...it seems Force is introducing a new vehicle (SUV) with the new engine (perhaps 611?) ...and also 4WD!. The chassis is also supposedly different /new from the Gama/Gurkha type...
That is interesting news indeed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
...in price band of Rs 11 Lakhs ....
Oops...not so interesting now !!! 11 lakhs !
Old 26th December 2009, 10:27   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

It will be a huge leap of faith in Force Motors to buy a vehicle from them that costs more than a top end Scorpio or Safari. I don't think they are there yet. I feel they should start by selling a more civilized version of the gama for about 7.5 lakhs and then slowly up the game. 11 lakhs maybe a bit of a reach for them given bulk of their buyers are the low end/rural taxi market. At 11 lakhs any taxi operator who knows his numbers may pick a low end Innova.
Old 26th December 2009, 23:39   #45
BHPian

@Bond,

The AutoEXPO website does not seem to have either MAN trucks or Force Motors as their listed exhibitors.

Is Force Motors having this on display or is it the Chinese company.

The Differential locks were the differentiating factor against other 4x4's amongst many other things, is this on the cards as a standard fitment..? or is it going the Chinese way totally.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks