Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 18:13   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Yes. Its from a magazine article from 2007. Just wanted to share it coz according to magazine, the force started production of Gurkha because they (Magazine) persuade them to do so (On their reader's demand).

So I guess thats what is needed now to get them producing Gurkha's with OM611 engines?

Some moths ago, someone had posted that Force is now working on a completely new Gurkha with OM611 engine, New Chassis & New exterior styling etc. & it would be showcased in AutoExpo'10. Looks like that was just another rumor....
Thats absolutely not a rumor there is development going on expect a launch date of sometime in september/ october period. This new SUV with an all together new body/chassis/engine/power train will go sale. This new chassis/engine/power train will go in trax range.

Expect a good surprise from Force Motors. They intentionally skipped Auto Expo 10.
Old 19th March 2010, 21:01   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Thats absolutely not a rumor there is development going on expect a launch date of sometime in september/ october period. This new SUV with an all together new body/chassis/engine/power train will go sale. This new chassis/engine/power train will go in trax range.

Expect a good surprise from Force Motors. They intentionally skipped Auto Expo 10.
Generations have lived and died waiting for Force to breathe. I salute your faith in the company. God Bless..
Old 20th March 2010, 12:39   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Generations have lived and died waiting for Force to breathe. I salute your faith in the company. God Bless..

dont get so frustrated with this company. Its not a tata or a mahindra its no wanting to be same with right products at right time. All the products which you have seen sucessful from tata or mahidra are straight copy cats from Force, may it be 407 / sumo / scorpio or ACE. Money was the biggest problem which to a majority has been now taken care of. Now the only thing is to gear up. As a youbg gun has taken up you can see lot of changes in next 5 to 6 months as I am already feeling the changes. Volume wise they are pulling up their socks vey fast. All the product line have lit up & will flare this year.

We have to keep faith if we want a right product so am I...
Old 20th March 2010, 16:16   #79
BHPian

Quote:
All the products which you have seen sucessful from tata or mahidra are straight copy cats from Force, may it be 407 / sumo / scorpio or ACE.
Care to explain? I am yet to see a Scorpio class vehicle from Force.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 20th March 2010, 17:46   #80
BHPian

There used to be short chasis Trax during early 90's , my dad had one given to him by his company , i remeber him telling his short trax is lot refined then the mahindra jeeps available then .any one here own's one ?
Old 21st March 2010, 08:37   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rovergen:

When the Trax was launched it was the most refined 4x4 SUV available at that time. Then Force Motors fell asleep at the wheel and the world moved on.

@007:

They may launch a decent product, but they are so much in the ditch that it will be years before anyone looking for a vehicles besides a taxi operator who needs a 13 seater cruiser will go to a force motors show room.
Old 21st March 2010, 10:58   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Care to explain? I am yet to see a Scorpio class vehicle from Force.

Thanks
--Sree--
well if you ever heard of bagira from BTL they had showed also in autoexpo. Scorpio was totaly copied from that it. It may be hard to believe but these are the facts.
Old 21st March 2010, 12:52   #83
BHPian

Quote:
well if you ever heard of bagira from BTL they had showed also in autoexpo. Scorpio was totaly copied from that it. It may be hard to believe but these are the facts.
No i never heard of it. OMG!!!! I tried to google "bagira" and result was a shock . Do you have any Link? I seriously wanted to know about this Vehicle.

Thank You Anyway
--Sree--
Old 21st March 2010, 12:58   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No i never heard of it. OMG!!!! I tried to google "bagira" and result was a shock . Do you have any Link? I seriously wanted to know about this Vehicle.
Me too, I was expecting to see the famous Bagira character from the Jungle Book.
Old 21st March 2010, 13:23   #85
BHPian

Quote:

Thank You Anyway
--Sree--

Well here is the link to this news & I have personally seen this vehicle it was leagues ahead at that time but before they could launch (which was sad on BTL's part) scorpio was launched in May or June 02 by mahindra.

Bajaj Tempo braces for premium segment foray with Bagira & Gurkha
Old 21st March 2010, 19:03   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Man.. thats some direct accusation on designing part. BTW In other post you said Bagira was shown in 2002 auto expo & Mahindra also launched scorpio in mid 2002. Now, is it possible to make a vehicle in this short time?

For Scopio:

Engine was new,
Body style was new,
Chassis was new,
Whole drivetrain & interior trim was new..
Do you even know how much time it takes from ideas to actual prototype & then there is real world testing then govt formalities & then release..

Who knows Bagira-the invisible Force?

so what is the base of such accusations?

& BTW, 'ALL' of Force models are derived from Mercedes models (Under License). So whats Force's own 'in-house' model. Please post pics if possible.

I have only seen a black bagira.. that was a black jaguar..a friend of Mowgli

& I found a pic too

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 21st March 2010 at 19:05.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:10   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Force Motors was the first to come up with a concept of a luxury SUV for the Indian Market. Before the excellent R&D team at Force Motors came up with this brilliant and marvelous concept in India no other Indian manufacturer thought about a modern luxury SUV.

I think the Safari was copied from Force Motors as well. All models launched since then have stolen the idea of a luxury/comfy SUV from Force and launched products before Force Motors could . Bagira was the turning point in India's automotive history and Force played a huge part in it by visualizing and dreaming about an absolutely new segment in the Indian automotive Industry.

Though Force motors never launced the Bagira, they did License the name to the makers of a children's move. Baigra besides helping Mowgli has inspired a generation of luxury SUVs like Pajero 2.8, Fortuner, Ford Endevour, Tempo Trax Cruiser, etc...

May the Force be with you...

Last edited by 4x4addict : 22nd March 2010 at 10:17.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:15   #88
BHPian

Relax....

Guess we all have to calm down for some time before commenting on anything. 007 Bond bhaiya this was something hazam nahi hua story.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:08   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Man.. thats some direct accusation on designing part. BTW In other post you said Bagira was shown in 2002 auto expo & Mahindra also launched scorpio in mid 2002. Now, is it possible to make a vehicle in this short time?

For Scopio:
Engine was new,
Body style was new,
Chassis was new,
Whole drivetrain & interior trim was new..
Do you even know how much time it takes from ideas to actual prototype & then there is real world testing then govt formalities & then release..

Who knows Bagira-the invisible Force?

so what is the base of such accusations?

& BTW, 'ALL' of Force models are derived from Mercedes models (Under License). So whats Force's own 'in-house' model. Please post pics if possible.

I have only seen a black bagira.. that was a black jaguar..a friend of Mowgli

& I found a pic too
I think I know this very well how much time is taken from concept to actual production. I never claim that mahindra has taken only 6 months, they may have taken it much longer or shorter. I have never claimed Bagira looked like Scorpio.

Everybody knows how fast Mahindra can copy a model, its you have to know that & how to find a way for that... the best part of this company is they know how to produce fast & market there products & i really admire them for that & their sucess.

Quote:
Force Motors was the first to come up with a concept of a luxury SUV for the Indian Market. Before the excellent R&D team at Force Motors came up with this brilliant and marvelous concept in India no other Indian manufacturer thought about a modern luxury SUV.

I think the Safari was copied from Force Motors as well. All models launched since then have stolen the idea of a luxury/comfy SUV from Force and launched products before Force Motors could . Bagira was the turning point in India's automotive history and Force played a huge part in it by visualizing and dreaming about an absolutely new segment in the Indian automotive Industry.

Though Force motors never launced the Bagira, they did License the name to the makers of a children's move. Baigra besides helping Mowgli has inspired a generation of luxury SUVs like Pajero 2.8, Fortuner, Ford Endevour, Tempo Trax Cruiser, etc...

Facts are facts as none of you are to the root of it I cannot prove this to you... but as I closely work with them so I know... nor Mr. Firodia is related nor I have any soft corner for them its just a information which I wanted to pass for thsi forum... none of you even knew anything as such had been made .. for which I have already attached news to prove my point.

OT :For your information Pulsar & Activa was first made by Kinetic, this is not a claim if you have insiders from kinetic find out. Rest is history.

As you all are not directly in contact you dont know. Its just infos i am giving not any support to any company as I am related to some companies.

I am not here to offend & put this arugument to rest from my side.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:25   #90
BHPian

Quote:

Oh. Thanks for sharing the secret.
All the Automobile companies have become so dependent nowadays...Except one!
In 2011 they are changing the tag line: 'The Force is The Source.'.. this is a fact

Quote:
never claimed Bagira looked like Scorpio.

Quote:
Now this is confusing. If not looks then what was copied exactly? Even name of the vehicle is from different family. Bagira (a cartoon character) Scorpio (a creepy crawler who stings)

I guess definition of FACTS is something different than what is going on here...

Quote:
Everybody knows how fast Mahindra can copy a model,
No I dont!
Care to explain with some examples?

Quote:
its you have to know that & how to find a way for that..
Come on. If you have worked with them inside & you know every or most of thing, yet unable to come with any Pic of Bagira, then we are NOBODY..

Quote:
Facts are facts as none of you are to the root of it I cannot prove this to you.for which I have already attached news to prove my point.
Ok. you proved it. Bagira was launched in 2002, Gurkha in 1999. Bagira went to jungle to help a lost kid.. Gurkha stayed true to its design for years. (May be Gurkha gave Bagira a complex???)

Quote:
OT :For your information Pulsar & Activa was first made by Kinetic, this is not a claim if you have insiders from kinetic find out. Rest is history.
Wow, this is so news. Shoot a mail to Mahindra, as they now owns the Kinetic. But this wont bother much here, as this is a 4X4 section. May be all bike lovers must know this fact as well. Its their RTI..

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 22nd March 2010 at 12:27.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks