Team-BHP - M&M Getaway Differential in a Scorpio?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   M&M Getaway Differential in a Scorpio? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/60850-m-m-getaway-differential-scorpio.html)

Is it possible to install the Getaway's differential (LSD) in a normal 4x2 Scorpio? If yes, this shall make it a real 4x2 as the clutch in the Getaway diff would transmit the power to other wheel incase one wheel looses traction..

Has anyone done that or even attempted to do that?

No responses at all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 1364613)
No responses at all?

Guruji, PM some 4x4 gurus like Arka. The thread may not have been noticed.

gd1418,
As far as my knowledge goes Getaway and Scorpio has different diff ratio. I think getaway has 4.55:1. Technically it should be possible, but your gearing will change, pick up will increase and top speed will decrease.

P.S- Does indian getaway version sport LSD? I thought it was available only in export market!

You've a point Vinod. Need to check on that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod_nookala (Post 1364634)
gd1418,
As far as my knowledge goes Getaway and Scorpio has different diff ratio. I think getaway has 4.55:1. Technically it should be possible, but your gearing will change, pick up will increase and top speed will decrease.

P.S- Does indian getaway version sport LSD? I thought it was available only in export market!

The M&M Scorpio uses a Dana 44 30 spline Open Diff with One Piece SFRA.

The earliest Scorpio's used 4.55:1

The Chain Drive SZ2600 onwards they used 3.55:1

The 4.55:1 was used in the 4WD scorpio till the CRDe engine was introduced.

Regards,

Arka

PS - PM Mr. Behram Dabhar he is the New-Gen M&M man

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod_nookala (Post 1364634)

I am technically not very sound but what I have learned from my experience is that he only have to change the cage of the differential, not the whole set. I mean, he can use the existing tail and crown with the LSD.

I have fitted the LSD of MM550XD in my 540 where I am using tail/crown of 11 : 47, means 4.27 ration (instead of MM550Xd's 4.88).

Arka can better expalain it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertKing (Post 1366604)
I am technically not very sound but what I have learned from my experience is that he only have to change the cage of the differential, not the whole set. I mean, he can use the existing tail and crown with the LSD.

I have fitted the LSD of MM550XD in my 540 where I am using tail/crown of 11 : 47, means 4.27 ration (instead of MM550Xd's 4.88).

Arka can better explain it.

Hi Naren,

You are absolutely right.

M&M Normally uses Dana 44 3.92 and up Differential Carrier/Spider Cage.
So you can switch to 4.27, 4.55, 4.88, 5.38 on the same carrier.

However if the Diff-Ratio is 3.55 or 3.73 then you will have to change the Differential Carrier/Spider Cage.

Regards,

Arka

The link here tells me that Getaway comes with limited slip diff and also available optional on exported vehicles:

Difflock on Scorpio - Mahindra guys please read - SA 4x4 Community Forum - The only forum for the offroad and 4x4 enthusiast

Why not get a manual locker instead of changing the whole diff. that way, if you are navigating a tough stretch, lock rear diff and move on

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1704092)
Why not get a manual locker instead of changing the whole diff. that way, if you are navigating a tough stretch, lock rear diff and move on

I think the price and availability are the two key factors. Manual lockers are comparatively expensive. Lockers in general are not available in the Indian market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 1365914)
The M&M Scorpio uses a Dana 44 30 spline Open Diff with One Piece SFRA.

The earliest Scorpio's used 4.55:1

The Chain Drive SZ2600 onwards they used 3.55:1

The 4.55:1 was used in the 4WD scorpio till the CRDe engine was introduced.

Regards,

Arka

PS - PM Mr. Behram Dabhar he is the New-Gen M&M man

Arka are you sure there is an axle with 3.55 ratio? petrol scorpio which was exported to gulf countries had a 4.9 ratio in them, also isn't getaway with a leaf setup when compared to a scorpio which has a multilink setup

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 1712508)
Arka are you sure there is an axle with 3.55 ratio? petrol scorpio which was exported to gulf countries had a 4.9 ratio in them, also isn't getaway with a leaf setup when compared to a scorpio which has a multilink setup

Spike

Hi Priteesh,

I'm pretty sure there is a DANA44 3.54:1,

Jeep Cherokee (XJ) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

So what if the Suspension is different, we'll just swap the INTERNALS:D.

Regards,

Arka

I have a 2008 scorpio, it has always been serviced at authorized station, in secunderabad i have been away from india for past 3 years my wife says for very service they are charging aroung 15,000 is it the right price my car seldom goes out except for once in a while trip to vellore from hyderabad,,,is a regular chargefor service or they charging extra my wife doesnt comprehend why they have charged so much once the car did not even do 4000 kms and my wife called them for service as it had been 5 mnths since it went for service they charged 16,000 rupees..its chaffuer driven i think my driver and service station have tied up or is it the regular bill

@alisajid there is something seriously wrong here, Rs15000 bills being charged everytime for a vehicle that is barely used is :Shockked:.. the dealer/driver are trying to pull a fast one on you,please verify the service record through the bills and post in forum, this will let us know what has been done to your vehicle and whether it is justified or not.

Spike