Team-BHP - New body shell for MM540
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   New body shell for MM540 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/61642-new-body-shell-mm540.html)

Does anyone know where to find a new body shell (cabin) for mm 540, if at all it is available. I checked with some shops here in coimbatore, but they dont have an idea about it. How much will it cost? Please help

The two best options available to you:

1. Source the body shell through Mahindra / their dealerships. That's exactly what I did for my Classic. It will work out cheaper than you think.

2. Comb the many Jeep markets across the country. Price will be reasonable, albeit you will have to check the authenticity.

If you intend to retain the Jeep for long, it's best to use a brand new body shell. After all, parts are so cheap that the investment is worth it for the long term.

Did you try at the CAI Industries in Coimbatore.

Aditya Auto Spares in G puram should also be able to help you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1383335)
The two best options available to you:

If you intend to retain the Jeep for long, it's best to use a brand new body shell. After all, parts are so cheap that the investment is worth it for the long term.

Its exactly what i thought. It will start rusting again regardless of how good you tinker it. I hope a brand new body will last atleast 5-7 years without much problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1383348)
Did you try at the CAI Industries in Coimbatore.

Aditya Auto Spares in G puram should also be able to help you.

I tried Aditya, but they dont have it. Usually they dont say no to anything, but this time they did. I will try CAI industries. Thanks

I will recommend go with option number 1. Try sourcing a brand new shell. It might be a little expensive but will save you a lot of headache and you will be 100% sure that its actually brand new!!!
Atleast that is what I would do!!!

Thanks Harjeev. I'm trying to get a new shell. mahindra dealers say the company doesnt supply it anymore. One particular dealer has given me some hope. Hope they still supply it.

Dear VEA - please PM me, I will help you.

Dear all - !!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Although off topic, there is a CL 340 or 500 shell lying near Bandra reclamation.

:OT
Has any one sourced a Gyspy's Tub?

I tried through dealership(MASS). They said they can't help
Tried through maruti customer care, they said "contact MASS"
Dead end.
What to do?:Frustrati

Go to a dealership, preferably someone you know, get the part number, order the tub on a VOR order. You may need to pay an advance of 50% to show that you are a serious buyer.

Can any one say exact details about the price of a new MM540 tub and the (cheap)possible price of it in any scrap yard which is in a pretty decent condition. I am from Tamil Nadu so if any from TN will be easy to transport. I have a customised steel hard top in my 540 but i plan to make it a soft top with a new tub which saves time in altering my present steel cabin.

hi guys,

where can i buy a made to order cj5 body shell/tub in Hyderabad? (or mumbai, pune)

if possible price details also.:D

Name:  cjtub.gif
Views: 7177
Size:  8.9 KB

New body shell for MM540-cj11.jpg

Jeepster,
It will not be available off the shelf, but is fabricated on order here for a lakh plus, not sure about the exact price.
Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 1391907)
Dear all - !!!!!!!!!!!
please PM me, I will help you.

For a 540/50, this is the best source.

MM540 body Tub is available in Calicut.

they have 3 models 16,18 gage sheet and Japan sheet (it won't rust).

if you want I will give you the Price.

- Sreejesh