Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 20:16   #106
Team-BHP Support

Ok is that enough for me to procure them? Are they from any particular vehicle/model/engine? Details guys, details!
Old 8th April 2010, 17:06   #107
BHPian

jaggu: we get these easily here , by the name of metlife hoses for jeeps, i believe these should be easily available at m&m dealers as they are used in the other veh. too.
beyond this there are no detals to these hoses
Old 8th April 2010, 21:54   #108
Team-BHP Support

Alright thats a good info, so its available for other jeeps also. Thats what i wanted to know Thanks Doc.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:41   #109
BHPian

jaggu:
did your gear issue settle down?
have you installed the fwh?
thanks for ur advice and help regarding the swift
Old 12th April 2010, 18:30   #110
Team-BHP Support

I was having a crazy week and this weekend i was out of station. Was in touch with the mech over phone, he is assembling the engine back and should be ready for delivery on wednesday. So till then i cant confirm about the gear issue

FWH came with the vehicle, but now since i have seen the installation i can say that its a very simple job and really worth the money you spent on it.
Old 24th April 2010, 10:45   #111
BHPian

the jeep was blooded in today. first otr, and man was that FUN. pics coming up soon .
the jeep performed well, i need to learn more.
no heating , no problem what so ever.
only one thing i realised , at ends of inclines my fuel delivery goes low, so resorted to using the elec fuel pump only then, also the fuel level in my tank was low, so that could be another contributing factor. does everyone face this issue or is it mine?
Old 1st May 2010, 12:50   #112
BHPian

after the first otr i put in a new carb set up , brand new(solex), changed the m.jet to 140 and the fuel filter changed to purolator , this otr the results were obvious, did all obstacles which were tough last time with extreme ease. jeep performed well, also the issue of loosing fuel supply at incline ends was not there. at all. no need to deploy the elec f.pump

also changed my tactic with respect to last time, used the grunt of the jeep more than the momentum and it was better. knowing my jeep better and loving it even more . as rahul says "developing new and more respect after each otr."

sent for a thorough wash and greasing .

current state of mind:on top of the world, i can go anywhere in my jeep now.
Old 5th May 2010, 00:10   #113
Team-BHP Support

Hey thats great! No i haven't faced any fuel starvation issues on inclines till now, touches wood Must be the low fuel that was the culprit in your case.
Old 6th May 2010, 08:28   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Docfreak - the original jet size for F4134 is 140. This once again proves that if you do not deviate from specification, the car will run properly.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 6th May 2010, 11:02   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Docfreak - the original jet size for F4134 is 140. This once again proves that if you do not deviate from specification, the car will run properly.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
OEM economy JET was 127.5
Old 6th May 2010, 11:34   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Arka - 127.5 is not optimal. I still remember the engine dynamometer results. 127.5 was done only for fuel economy. It will never match 140 performance because venturi size at 25 is quite open for base carburettor dimension of 34. We wanted to close the venturi but we were losing power through the band. I remember to have done this test in the second shift in 1980 in R&D Kandivli when I was a trainee. The exhaust manifold was glowing red hot in FTP (Full Throttle Performance).

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 6th May 2010, 13:41   #117
BHPian

as far as i know, 140 came on the miltary spec and 127.5 on the civilian version.

bd sir i fully agree with you that a 3b in its original specs is the best configured.

currently my fuel line from the banjo bolt to the engine bay is steel pipe and there on its a thick rubber pipe which again when it approaches the mechanical fuel pump it becomes a steel pipe . trying to source a steel braided tube, any suggestions of what specifications and how to adapt it to 3b ? also i understand that there should be no bends , and as far from the engine block as possible,any other thing to be kept in mind while installing it?
Old 6th May 2010, 21:27   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,
Once again, could you post the various official setups for the Solex as used on the F134.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 18th May 2010, 21:54   #119
Team-BHP Support

Need help: Connecting rod bearings

I had done a semi overhaul of the engine and unfortunately i was not able to procure the connecting rod bearing. The ones on my CJ3B are not in great shape, apparently the water and muck which was inside the engine at some point of time have taken toll.

My mechanic is 110% sure that i have standard size con rods, and the rods have BM marked on them.

So first question what is BM? Is it the manufacturer or something to do with the size of the rod?

Is there a way to figure out the size of the bearings without removing them and measuring it? Say visual inspection for any markings like the above BM?

Any leads on how to procure them?

With rains fast approaching am in a dilemma and i need to get this worry out of my head, fast!

Thanks for the advices, replies in advance.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th May 2010 at 21:56.
Old 28th July 2010, 15:12   #120
BHPian

hi everybody(all 3b owners)

my 3b is in perfect condition (according to me) but when i have driven it approx 70km non stop it needs to rest for 15 minutes to let the temperatures come to normal again , though at that time also if i engage the elec pump it moves on , but the mech pump starts to fatigue. after 15 min its again ready for the next 60-70km run , non stop.
is that what u have experienced?
on the otrs there are no issues with overheating though.
i am running on a local radiator without coolant as yet, plan to get the overflow bottle installed this weekend.

also what pipe are u using for the fuel line? i need to change mine.

thanks
sharat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks