Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
thats Jassy's newly done jeep, right.
Nope. Not Jassy's. Another one...
Old 10th September 2010, 12:26   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
A friend in Pune just got this made. Metal hard top (fabric lining) with toughened glass and hydraulic rear door. Total cost: Rs. 70,000/- total.
Neat job, but would have looked better with more glass areas on the sides. And the prices for this type of one-off job is bound to be this high i guess!
Old 27th December 2010, 13:48   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hard Tops for Off Roaders.

Came across another site for some design ideas:
GR8TOPS Half Hardtops for Jeeps
Old 31st January 2011, 11:57   #110
BHPian

Vehicle Hard top builder for Mahindra Thar

Folks,

I am seriously considering buying one - and have a base estimate from M&M Customization that I have given in the Thar official review thread.

I want to know if any of you can recommend a good vehicle body builder preferably with experience building a hard top like Welcome to Facebook. I would like to figure out whether I can work out something cheaper the 2.5L that M&M quotes for the same.

It would be good if he is in Chennai (or at least anywhere south of Bangalore) and of course a reasonable one.

Thanks, Subu
Old 20th April 2011, 21:48   #111

Does anyone know where REDmm340 got his aluminium hardtop (refer page 1 of this thread)..i have my thar arriving in 3 weeks and i really need to figure out where to get the hard top made for it (in and around delhi). Red MM's HT looks killer and i bet its reliable too with minimum noise and leaks

Dirty dan would you know
thanks for the help
Old 21st April 2011, 05:33   #112
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you send a message to "HARJEEV". He is a very knowledgeable member from the Delhi area.

Aluminum is hard to work with and you will not find many skilled craftsmen willing to do this work.
Old 21st April 2011, 08:08   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf18 View Post
Does anyone know where REDmm340 got his aluminium hardtop
I too am contemplating getting a hard top done on my 340 if I am doing AC on it., but if only it could come off as fast or faster than a soft top.
Particularly liked this Hyderabad Jeep's top, made to look like a soft top too.
Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
Hard-Tops for Offroaders (Jeeps, Gypsys and more)-img_9598.jpg  

Hard-Tops for Offroaders (Jeeps, Gypsys and more)-img_9600.jpg  

fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 08:59   #114
BHPian

Hi fazalaliadil bai !

I have been silently following the the Thar hoopla for quite sometime ,( I'm impressed by your jeeps ) and very happy the day you test drove the Thar at Nasik and gave a positive feedback .

Not a bad top at all , U guys in Hyd have some great Jeeps .

looking forward to some equipped Thar's from HYd.
Old 21st April 2011, 10:00   #115
BANNED

hi friends,
i have attached picture of my MAJOR 4wd here.Please guide me how to have a hard top and doors for the same , as raide himalayas are not allowing to patrcipate soft top vehicles as per their norms and i cant afford to buy another 4wd as my major is 2010 model.
Attached Thumbnails
Hard-Tops for Offroaders (Jeeps, Gypsys and more)-p1010039.jpg  

Old 14th December 2015, 11:22   #116
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,

I am looking for full hardtop for my gypsy. if anyone have, please PM me or call me at 94481 40425.
Dwarakanath
Old 16th August 2017, 20:51   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Dear Bhpians, Myself and my good friend and fellow Team-Bhpian Rohan Jeorge (JeepGeorge) have been working on an idea of a really beatifull hard top for a while. We finally have a production version installed successfully. All design credit goes to Rohan. Details below:
  • ROGEOTECH hardtop is designed to match the Thar’s original profile and contours. The design is fresh, original and not a copy (or as they say inspired) of any other existing tops. (The Italian top also looks similar to the wrangler TJ top). In fact this design was done by Rohan 4 years ago but came into production only now. The proportions are so good that the vehicle looks shorter in height than the original vehicle.
  • Fits to the original body without any modifications to sheet metal.
  • Made of high quality fiber glass materials, is double layered with PUF insulation which reduces heat radiating into the cabin, improving AC efficiency and also offers better sound insulation.
  • Large glass area gives good all round visibility. The hatch door glass is wide giving better visibility while reversing.
  • Even though it looks shorter in height, the standard headroom is not compromised.
  • The rear hatch door locks firmly and has a centrally placed handle to unlock.
  • So much detailing has gone into the design. The eagle eyed ones will notice that the rear hatch door hinges are concealed. (Even in JEEP Wrangler the hinges are exposed)
  • The gloss black detailing below the side glasses inspired by the shape of a Pistol with the Logo and branding is a nice touch.
  • Another notable detailing is the bonnet hump feature that continues to the roof.
  • The top's inside finish is also smooth but still it is provided with upholstery - available in black, grey & beige.
Attached Thumbnails
Hard-Tops for Offroaders (Jeeps, Gypsys and more)-2-copy.jpg  

Hard-Tops for Offroaders (Jeeps, Gypsys and more)-3-copy.jpg  

Hard-Tops for Offroaders (Jeeps, Gypsys and more)-4-copy.jpg  

Hard-Tops for Offroaders (Jeeps, Gypsys and more)-6-copy.jpg  

Hard-Tops for Offroaders (Jeeps, Gypsys and more)-7-copy.jpg  

Hard-Tops for Offroaders (Jeeps, Gypsys and more)-8-copy.jpg  

4x4addict is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 09:46   #118
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Congratulations to both of you for pulling this off. The large side glass area is very refreshing, not to mention the overall combination looks smashing. Which make are those large LED driving lamps by the way (mounted on the top of front bumper)?
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:33   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Dear Bhpians, Myself and my good friend and fellow Team-Bhpian Rohan Jeorge (JeepGeorge) have been working on an idea of a really beatifull hard top for a while. We finally have a production version installed successfully. All design credit goes to Rohan. Details below:[list]
Beautiful looking hard top. The large glass area looks great and the proportions are looking perfect. Kudos to both of you. Respect
Can you kindly share some photographs of the interior finish?
Also, is the product available off the shelf?
sharanvenu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 13:54   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Dear Bhpians, Myself and my good friend and fellow Team-Bhpian Rohan Jeorge (JeepGeorge) have been working on an idea of a really beatifull hard top for a while. We finally have a production version installed successfully. All design credit goes to Rohan.
Wow, that is certainly a looker, the proportions are spot on and actually enhances the looks of the Thar.
Could you please start a dedicated thread for this, I think it really deserves it, and maybe a sample work in progress of how it was installed on the stock vehicle, interior fit and finish, waterproof and sound insulation capabilities, rigidity etc. Some additional insight would help readers understand the product better.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks