Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Armada - 2WD to 4WD conversion possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar iswalkar View Post
Thanks and regards.
Nice stuff mate. Is this at the backroads of bangur nagar if i am not mistaken.

And are those mirrors from the new Tempo Traveller. Can you post some more pics of the mirrors and how you have mounted them. I have been eyeing these for some time now.
Old 28th April 2013, 19:26   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
You will be surprised how much those 215-75-r15 HT can do! Wear them out and once you find out why and where you need better tyres, go for them. Just bcoz good MTs cost 50-70 for a set I have been postponing them forever and make-do'n with all sorts of HT and wornout MRF SG's!
Hi Santosh, I have already looked out for a set of Maxxis Trepedor 235/75 R15s to upgrade to, just postponing it for coming monsoon. These tires look puny against the now slightly increased size and I intend to do loads of monsoon off-roading, I guess pretty unimaginable on my current set.

Also do off-road tires cost increases in monsoon? just a curious and stupid question as I thought it must be a similar case to the inflation of sugar and Ghee prices pre-festive season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Nice stuff mate. Is this at the backroads of bangur nagar if i am not mistaken.

And are those mirrors from the new Tempo Traveller. Can you post some more pics of the mirrors and how you have mounted them. I have been eyeing these for some time now.
Hi Raj, yes it is the patch of road that goes between Bangur nagar's last road and Hypercity's backroad. Couldn't find anything else that close. Also a request for you was to notify me for any upcoming OTRs as am dying for one.

About the mirrors yes those are the tempo traveller mirrors. Liked the size, looks and the range of adjustment you get but honestly not what I would call practical as they give only vertical view and not much of a horizontal range for our size of vehicle. Infact for the left side I need to work with my neck everytime just to make sure I get a proper and complete view backwards.

I got them from a Tempo spare seller at Opera house for 1450/- set, had to make a small bracket inside the door for the bolts.

Mahindra Armada - 2WD to 4WD conversion possible?-dscn2161.jpg

Mahindra Armada - 2WD to 4WD conversion possible?-dscn2386.jpg

Mahindra Armada - 2WD to 4WD conversion possible?-dscn2657.jpg

Mahindra Armada - 2WD to 4WD conversion possible?-dscn2658.jpg

Mahindra Armada - 2WD to 4WD conversion possible?-dscn2659.jpg

Mahindra Armada - 2WD to 4WD conversion possible?-dscn2661.jpg

Regards.
Old 28th April 2013, 19:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics Sagar. The mirrors look huge. Time permitting, i shall call you and check out these in person. Regarding the events, even i am waiting for the season to start. If i get any news, i shall pass it on to you.
Desmosedici is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 20:10   #49
BHPian

Hello Sagar,
Since it's a few months that you've converted your jeep to 4wd, kindly update as of how the jeep is performing.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed