Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 12:32   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

@ Behram.

A Public Apology: I'm sorry for the public outburst on the forum; i know you are a busy man, but you try to understand my position. You were also to help me since a month for my electricals, obtaining parts, etc but nothing happened. Rather, say: "i can't do it" and that's fine with me; but keeping me hanging ticked me off. Sorry again.
Its happened to many of us here so we go back to our basics.

Hunt for a good FNG in Bombay...am sure you'll find someone. But the number of good FNG's in mumbai is horrible. I suffered in the early part of this century when I took my Yezdi there for a year. Horrible.

Tried reaching out to Allan?
Old 2nd June 2012, 04:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Water Pump Failure - Why and How?

I worked for a company that remanufactured water pumps for all makes of cars, and can only conclude that there was a defective bearing involved in your case. Running a pump dry would only damage the seal, not the bearing. And since you saw no leakage, your seal was okay. An over-tight belt is not a good thing, but these bearings are very, very tough with extremely high radial load ratings, and it is pretty unlikely that one could fail in three months only because the belt was over-tight. Unless, maybe, one of your pulleys has a groove that's non-concentric to the shaft, and it's putting REALLY high and oscillating loads on it. But really, I suspect it's just a bad batch of pump bearings that maybe they left the grease out of or something.

Most Viewed