Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 20:03   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Watch the video again and you'll notice that the dog began to bark one second before the vehicle starts losing control and stopped barking one second after the rollover is complete.
The dog barking has nothing to do with the roll.

1) The Landy was going to fast when he reached the end, you can see the vehicle bounching
2) Obviously the bounching caused the vehicle to feel out of control and the driver applied the brakes.
3) If he kept his steering straight and using the engine compression to slow the vehicle down, I bet this would not have happend
Old 5th February 2011, 10:32   #32
BHPian

Re: Dangerous part of Off-Roading

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Just wanted a share a video which i saw in Youtube , Comments please

YouTube - How "NOT" to pull a truck out of the mud (FULL CLIP)
I am very superstitious about accidents, but couldn't help myself but to comment on this one. The off-roaders here have not used basic principles of physics, and the guy in the tow-truck has possibly been a little harsh with the pull. And I do agree that the old time-tested shovel & plank activity may have been required apart from identifying the exact recovery point. Every vehicle, howsoever strong & burly & made-for-the-mud, has a weak point or two, and experienced drivers on this forum would agree that it requires than just being-able-to-drive to know those. I haven't been able to figure it out with my Ford Endy, but am sure there are more in my Xena than in a Jeep Cherokee, although it is a 25 year old design. Overall, this thread has been extremely informative, and shall keep these videos and their diagnoses live in mind during my forthcoming trip (Mumbai - Khardung La - Mumbai) in May 2011.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks