Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2014, 14:04   #331
BHPian

Re: New 4X4 project

Jyobeb sir,
glued to this thread for a while now, and am eagerly waiting for updates from your side!! to me its about as ambitious as projects get!! really inspiring build!! i hope all is well on your side and would love to hear from you soon!!

Cheers!!
Old 31st December 2014, 15:28   #332
Senior - BHPian

Its already registered with a diesel endorsement!
Work has slowerd down as I am busy with customer projects. Will restart soon.

Last edited by jyobeb : 31st December 2014 at 15:30.
jyobeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 22:47   #333
BANNED

jyobeb, once again gone through the whole thread. One doubt, are you using an A/C compressor for air?
Old 15th March 2015, 10:05   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
jyobeb, once again gone through the whole thread. One doubt, are you using an A/C compressor for air?
Yes! Originally planned for air. I will add an inline oiler and moisture remover.

Last edited by jyobeb : 15th March 2015 at 10:16.
Old 15th March 2015, 12:22   #335
BANNED

Any additional tank is reuired?, or are you using direct line and what about compressor lubrication.
Old 15th March 2015, 18:28   #336
BHPian

Guys what make is this truck? I especially like the way they have mounted wheels, tank and other equipment (probably a WW II radar unit) between the body and carrier. A Nissan 1 ton would look good if made this way.
Attached Thumbnails
New 4X4 project-1426423608648.jpg  

Old 15th March 2015, 21:04   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsamuelk View Post
Guys what make is this truck? I especially like the way they have mounted wheels, tank and other equipment (probably a WW II radar unit) between the body and carrier. A Nissan 1 ton would look good if made this way.
Doc,

Please have a look at http://offroadaction.ca/2009/09/15/c...rn-cmp-f8-f8a/

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 15th March 2015, 21:13   #338

Quote:
This could be a Canadian Military Pattern (CMP Truck) built by Ford. The payload/drive/chassis code match according to http://www.canadianregister.co.uk/chassis_codes.html
Old 15th March 2015, 22:23   #339
BHPian

Thanks Saurabh, there were more pics of the same truck. Its a treat to see it.
Old 7th April 2015, 01:09   #340
BHPian

@jyobeb: While I genuinely appreciate your spirit, skill and patience, I strongly condemn the mutilation of a restorable classic Jeep. I browsed through the thread, and noticed that the Jeep chassis had most of the components in place. I am sure that you have access to excellent panel beaters and and welders who could have recreated the Jeep body shell with the necessary tweaking to fit the Safari chassis by looking at the original. By doing so, you would have gained a freshly made body of your specifications, along with a new restoration project.

I don't want to offend you, and am very much interested in the final outcome. It is just that I feel the project could have been managed better. Perhaps you can source a Jeep wagon body for the bare Jeep chassis? I wish you luck for the successful completion of this endeavour. Keep us posted.
fighterace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 00:04   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace View Post
@jyobeb: While I genuinely appreciate your spirit, skill and patience, I strongly condemn the mutilation of a restorable classic Jeep. I browsed through the thread, and noticed that the Jeep chassis had most of the components in place. I am sure that you have access to excellent panel beaters and and welders who could have recreated the Jeep body shell with the necessary tweaking to fit the Safari chassis by looking at the original. By doing so, you would have gained a freshly made body of your specifications, along with a new restoration project.

I don't want to offend you, and am very much interested in the final outcome. It is just that I feel the project could have been managed better. Perhaps you can source a Jeep wagon body for the bare Jeep chassis? I wish you luck for the successful completion of this endeavour. Keep us posted.
I admire your frankness and appreciate your concerns! However in the cas of this vehicle I decided not to be a purist and hence the result!
Old 10th April 2015, 01:19   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
I admire your frankness and appreciate your concerns! However in the cas of this vehicle I decided not to be a purist and hence the result!
Well, if you have retained the Jeep chassis, components and RC book, you can restore it when time and resources permit. Bodies shouldn't be difficult to come by, it's the mechanical bits that are rare.

How far has the project progressed? And can you please explain the registration process of this vehicle? That is as interesting as the engineering part, if not more. PM me if the details "may disturb public order".
fighterace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 21:36   #343
BHPian

No worries about 'disturbing public order'
Someone said "Everything a man loves is either illegal, illicit, immoral or illegitimate"........
The thing about the west is, as long as your build stops within the regulated distance and is not polluting the downtown city pollution norms, it will be registered. Annual insurance costs can come close to some build costs....it doesn't matter what you ride or how old your ride is. Insurance is standard and it doesn't depreciate annually.

India is value for money !!!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th April 2015 at 14:13. Reason: Back to back post. Please go through board rules.
Old 16th April 2015, 19:59   #344
BHPian

Has anyone used a Gypsy transfer case in a Mahindra jeep with Dana 44 axles? Does the front PTO of the Gypsy transfer case match the front diff.
Old 16th April 2015, 22:19   #345
BHPian

Quote:
No worries about 'disturbing public order'
Someone said "Everything a man loves is either illegal, illicit, immoral or illegitimate"........
HAHAHA... three cheers to that.

Quote:
The thing about the west is, as long as your build stops within the regulated distance and is not polluting the downtown city pollution norms, it will be registered. Annual insurance costs can come close to some build costs....it doesn't matter what you ride or how old your ride is. Insurance is standard and it doesn't depreciate annually.

India is value for money !!!
Except in Delhi, where 10 yr old vehicles are headed for the graveyard.

Most Viewed