Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 18:20   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I was wondering if the Dinitrol treatment is enough or should i just get a Wurth job done or both (for the under body and engine bay)
Gogi Bhai,

For the under body get WURTH and for the floor in the entire cabin get RAPTOR Truck Bed Treatment. Will not only save your floor from corrision but also have improved dynamics, as sound and vibrations will be considerably reduced. You can also treat the engine bay with the same, I did.

Waiting for black rocks too.

Regards,
Old 28th June 2011, 18:29   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Gogi Bhai,

For the under body get WURTH and for the floor in the entire cabin get RAPTOR Truck Bed Treatment. Will not only save your floor from corrision but also have improved dynamics, as sound and vibrations will be considerably reduced. You can also treat the engine bay with the same, I did.

Waiting for black rocks too.

Regards,
Good eve sir,

Nice to see your expertise going to help another jeep enthusiast , as you have mentioned "RAPTOR Truck Bed Treatment". can you throw some more light on it, my next project is definitely 550 and it going to be sure and soon so eager to know more.
Old 28th June 2011, 18:58   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Good eve sir,

Nice to see your expertise going to help another jeep enthusiast , as you have mentioned "RAPTOR Truck Bed Treatment". can you throw some more light on it, my next project is definitely 550 and it going to be sure and soon so eager to know more.
Bala,

Nice hearing from you too.

I will post a pic. of the RAPTOR cannister that fits on to the spray gun directly. The hardener needs to be added to it before spraying.
Personally, I liked its finish and quality very much.

Regards,
Old 28th June 2011, 19:52   #109
BHPian

Gogi

Bit late in the day, sorry. Why dont you stick with your stock rims 16inchers. go with 275/70/r16 tyres from our kulwinder

save you cost of rims and tyres are also cheaper and diameter is also the same. here is one i snapped at gobind the other day. about 8k i think. i dunno if bighorns come in this size

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-photo0263.jpg

Quote:

Sure thing. Ill post some pics tomorrow. I was unable to go today as its raining heavily in Bombay. If it subsides, i may go, if not, i will refrain and visit tomorrow and take pics.

My Black Rock rims are stuck and will be received only on the 12th, till then i was hoping i could borrow 15" 8 or 8.5J rims from someone who may be having them spare, to enable me to mount my tyres and put them on the Jeep. In this way id come to know if there is anything to be done to the leaves (by adding or deleting a leaf) or if i need to go in for a shackle lift. I have therefore left the changing of the suspension bushes and checking the leaves till then. If someone can loan me the rims to fit my 10.5 x 31'', Maxxis tyres for checking the above attributes, id be really grateful. The thing is that i do not want to waste money by investing in another set of rims when my heart is set on the Black Rocks right from the day i saw them.

Within this week im planning the Roll cage too. Six point most probably. Will decide on receiving some more pics of the front cage (driver's side) bar floor mounting. New seats for the front and back and the top (after the roll cage) and finally the dampening and rust control. I was wondering if the Dinitrol treatment is enough or should i just get a Wurth job done or both (for the under body and engine bay)

Awaiting more advice on the above from all of you gurus and others too.
Old 28th June 2011, 21:34   #110
BHPian

Thanks a lot V-16 for your prompt explanation on the power steering, Now I think I'll try to source a Bolero's PS unit and find a good mechanic for the job. I've been driving my Jeep with the army rims for 2 years now and it really takes a toll on me especially in the narrow and winding roads of Shillong.
Old 28th June 2011, 21:36   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP View Post
Gogi

Bit late in the day, sorry. Why dont you stick with your stock rims 16inchers. go with 275/70/r16 tyres from our kulwinder

save you cost of rims and tyres are also cheaper and diameter is also the same. here is one i snapped at gobind the other day. about 8k i think. i dunno if bighorns come in this size
Hi Rohit, the reason for me to change the Rims are because these Army Rims are really heavy (about 16-17kgs each). Also they will not accomodate the thick Bighorns. First i was thinking of disposing them off but now i will keep these that i hve on the Jeep as a spare set (as these are really hard to find) and will go for the Black Rocks.

As regards the Brave, well my equation with Kulwinder has some special privileges as towards price so i think ill stick with the Big horns for now.

Update with recent pics taken this evening. I have captured all possible angles of the steering set up. Of course fine tuning is to be done regarding filling gaps etc.

Blackened everything

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-28062011223.jpg
Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-28062011224.jpg

The PS Setup

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-28062011230.jpg
Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-28062011232.jpg
Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-28062011234.jpg

This piece, as shown in the RHS of the rear bumper extension is missing (of the LHS). Where can i find it?

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-28062011239.jpg
Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-28062011238.jpg

Black Wheels and bumpers look good with the blackened exterior fittings.
Old 28th June 2011, 21:43   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The PS Setup
Attachment 568477
See, now this huge gap is filled up with a 3-inch dia steel/MS pipe, at least in bangy and chennai boyz jeeps who have done this mod. Think about it.

Quote:
This piece, as shown in the RHS of the rear bumper extension is missing (of the LHS). Where can i find it?
May be after the AKC/Examm you wont need the LHS
Old 28th June 2011, 23:56   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
See, now this huge gap is filled up with a 3-inch dia steel/MS pipe, at least in bangy and chennai boyz jeeps who have done this mod. Think about it.
Yes, thats what is decided. Im going to do that. It is on the cards and will not be left alone.

Quote:
May be after the AKC/Examm you wont need the LHS
LOL!! Im hoping i will get the part im missing before i loose the other one too.
Old 29th June 2011, 01:16   #114
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
This extension can come uncomfortably close to your tyres on turns once you put 31" Bighorns. I had a small accident the day I fitted the Bighorns and it resulted in this fouling with the tyres. I ended up removing the bumper completely by the road side just to make sure this issue doesn't come up again and would recommend you to do the same. "Naa rahega baans, naa bajegi baansuri"
Old 29th June 2011, 01:19   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
This extension can come uncomfortably close to your tyres on turns once you put 31" Bighorns. I had a small accident the day I fitted the Bighorns and it resulted in this fouling with the tyres. I ended up removing the bumper completely by the road side just to make sure this issue doesn't come up again and would recommend you to do the same. "Naa rahega baans, naa bajegi baansuri"
Yes i guess you have a point. Thats why i was wanting to put the tyres on with 8.5J 15" rims to see what i have to knock off. Im presuming ill have to knock off the front bumper bends too.

Please someone lend me your 15'' 8.5 Js
Old 29th June 2011, 01:24   #116
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i guess you have a point. Thats why i was wanting to put the tyres on with 8.5J 15" rims to see what i have to knock off. Im presuming ill have to knock off the front bumper bends too.

Please someone lend me your 15'' 8.5 Js
After fitting Bighorns on the Gypsy rims and them fitting perfectly, I don't see much reason for going for alloys unless its an aesthetic choice. Have a look at my thread and you'll see the tyres fit pretty well. All you'll need to do is get the steering stop setting done which results in a marginal drop in turning radius. Of course. I also prefer the look of steel rims on a Jeep better than alloys but its all subjective!
Old 29th June 2011, 01:27   #117
Senior - BHPian

Is the Gypsy's PCD same as the MMs? I think not but i may be wrong. Are Gypsy rims 8 or 8.5J?? I have no clue>
Old 29th June 2011, 01:31   #118
AVR
BHPian

Gypsy and the 5x0s have the same PCD i.e. 5-bolt 139.7. The rims are 5.5x15 but as you'll see in the pics of my Jeep, there's no significant issue that could turn out to be a show stopper.
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 09:54   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Good eve sir,

Gogi Bhai and Bala,

This is what I have used. Paint and finish in progress at NEW MARS.
How to video.

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-images.jpg
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 10:36   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Gogi,

That bumper extension is available at atlas for 200 bucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks