Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 12:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wheel Disc.

Hi Gogi,

Please check you Front Right Rim/Wheel Disc does not look like it is LP1109.

Looks like a regular JEEP Wheel Disc put inside out.

Regards,

Arka
Old 13th May 2011, 12:19   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post

Arka, didn't he mention it before?..
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The non army rims are from another car while the original rims are being attended to.
Old 13th May 2011, 12:32   #18
BHPian

hi guys,

this is what i find in my last visit to mayapuri.

Srinivas
Attached Thumbnails
Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-photo0049.jpg  

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-photo0051.jpg  

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-photo0053.jpg  

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-photo0052.jpg  

Old 13th May 2011, 13:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Gogi Bhai:Congrats. Now the CJ will have its brother standing next to it soon!

Best of luck for this build up and you got boy in your stable now.

Few queries:

1) From what i know of your previous restorations your a bone stock person so is this going to be the same or is it going all out to the offroad domain with your specifications?

Reason i ask is bhpians would be able to give you suggestions on the vehicle your looking for as an example for your Jeep.

2) The CJ restoration took a long time. So any change in venue for restoration this time around?

My final suggestions are for the safety aspects and looks:
1) Go for bucket seats. I have the bench in my jeep and is not very comfy
2) Stick to the soft top. Hard top will be a whole different experience getting done
3) A nice roll cage would help make this jeep look great
4) Tires have to be something special.

The color of the jeep is always a confusing one. Black would be nice and sober.
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 13:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi. Srinivas. Harjeev had set his eyes on a vehicle of similar nature, maybe this one itself. This is a UN vehicle but after doing some digging there was something amiss so we backed out and started our search afresh.
Old 13th May 2011, 13:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. Srinivas. Harjeev had set his eyes on a vehicle of similar nature, maybe this one itself. This is a UN vehicle but after doing some digging there was something amiss so we backed out and started our search afresh.
hi
The guy quoted me 90000/- for this. is it a right price. the best part is u can see QA stickers on engine and B-pillar. means less abused. This needed only a single coat of same color. please accept my best wishes for the bull building.

let me know any help needed. may i know where the rebuilding done in delhi.

thanks
Srinivas
Old 13th May 2011, 13:49   #22
BHPian

It may little off the topic but it will help if any body wants to build a Gypsy and for me its to know any similar workshop for mahindras (550s)
I wish we could have a workshop for 550 ( Mahindras)similar to Amanpreet . As Aman is into gypsys . Man I have seen his workshop in Noida its looks like a F1 stable where rally Horses are tied.
Talk about anything body , engine, paint he already achieved a different milestone. Remember Abay and Harjeev chosen Aman for his excellent craftsmanship. If team- bhp recommends any Workshop with TRUSTED SEAL it should be Aman.

Srinivas
Old 13th May 2011, 14:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

So this was the Jeep Harjeev was picking up from Mayapuri nice find. Harjeev- the purchase was so sweet of you, no one will dare to do it, incl me. Kudos.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like its a 2002-2003 model.
From what im told its a 2001 but then im not sure. Get ready to receive my calls for advice once it gets here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Gogi - congratulations. This is an XD3P / KMT90 / non NGCS animal. It seems to be 4500 rpm engine going by the looks but I will have to see it in detail. Enjoy!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Yes Behrambhai! I will show it to you. Also will need your expert advice as you gave me when i was building the CJ. Please expect a lot of calls and queries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Gogi Bhai,
Congratulations !!!! First of all i am really floored as you mentioned my name .
I feel really good by sharing my passion with like minded people. So sad i left Delhi, otherwise i would have seen your vehicle in making.
As far as color option goes, if you are inclined towards Green shade, then you can consider Dark bottle green (if see from far it will it would look as black), i am getting the same shade on my MM Classic. Otherwise chocolate color is my favorite ( i had this color on my ford) i.e. just my opinion. There is one 550 from hyderabad who has this color. if you want i can share that pic and my Ford's Pic.
Hope to see you and your newly possessed vehicle soon in OTR.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra, i meant every word i wrote. Kindly share the pics with all of us. Also you dont need to meet me only in an OTR. Since you are now close, just feel free to visit whenever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scphanse View Post
Gogi,
have been following your resto's for a long time. Looking forward to this too. Will surely be subscribed to this thread. Please do keep a detailed break up of the costs (Have been telling this to everyone doing a resto.. )
regards
salil
Sure will buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ3b View Post
Dear Gogi,

I did remember talking to you two weeks ago, never knew that you would be so fast in picking up one,

Well Gogi pasha congratulations to you will surely love to see this in action by the month of july, Sure it will be a class apart,

Best regards
Vinay Thomas
Well Vinay once the bug bites you, it must be done at the earliest, you know!! Searching the right vehicle took a while.

Quote:
Hi Gogi,

Regards,

Arka
You are right Arka, as mentioned before, (i think you missed the post) these are temp rims put from another vehicle as the originals were being attended to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Gogi Bhai:Congrats. Now the CJ will have its brother standing next to it soon!

Best of luck for this build up and you got boy in your stable now.
Lol! Rightly said Maddy.

Quote:
1) From what i know of your previous restorations your a bone stock person so is this going to be the same or is it going all out to the offroad domain with your specifications?

Reason i ask is bhpians would be able to give you suggestions on the vehicle your looking for as an example for your Jeep.
You are right about me being a bone stock person but i have learnt from the CJ that to make a capable offroader one has to deviate from being completely bone. I will be changing the Rims, Tyres, seats, which will mean mostly lifting the vehicle. May not go in for the SPOA on this one but a lift is on the cards.

I welcome suggestions, which is one of the main reasons i put up this thread. I got a lot of useful suggestions and information during my CJ build, on the thread and i look forward to similar posts from members.

Quote:
2) The CJ restoration took a long time. So any change in venue for restoration this time around?
The Cj took a long time because it came to me literally dismantled. Except a rusting body, the entire engine, gearbox etc had to be worked upon and a long list of parts were bought new and changed. Sourcing parts for the now nearly obsolete and extinct Hurricane engine is a huge effort as there are not many places that stock these. In fact there are almost no shops that stock these parts.

Parts for a MM are available off the shelf as these engines are relatively new as compared to the Hurricane.

The MM on the other hand needs no extensive work. The engine and the mechanicals are in place and the parts freely available. The Jeep is being done by Harjeev's mechanic at Delhi and he is confident to get it all sorted and repaired within a few days. What remains is the paint job, changing the tyres and seats etc which should not take time....hopefully.

Quote:
My final suggestions are for the safety aspects and looks:
1) Go for bucket seats. I have the bench in my jeep and is not very comfy
2) Stick to the soft top. Hard top will be a whole different experience getting done
3) A nice roll cage would help make this jeep look great
4) Tires have to be something special.

The color of the jeep is always a confusing one. Black would be nice and sober.
Yes sir;
1) Tavera seats have been decided and are being sourced
2) Soft top it is, for the time being
3) Roll cage is on the cards and is a must. Am looking at that too.
4) Maxxis Bighorns have been decided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpatra View Post
hi
The guy quoted me 90000/- for this. is it a right price. the best part is u can see QA stickers on engine and B-pillar. means less abused. This needed only a single coat of same color. please accept my best wishes for the bull building.

let me know any help needed. may i know where the rebuilding done in delhi.

thanks
Srinivas
90k is a very reasonable price for how it looks. Please make sure the papers and the mechanicals are all in place and order. If everything is in order, bargain for a few thousand rupees and close the deal. After all a penny saved is a penny earned.
Best of luck for your quest.

I have no idea where its being done i Delhi, that Harjeev is handling so maybe he can answer that.

Guys im looking for all the advice i can get, about the colours, mods, options, tyres, rims, winches, lights, a/c, power steering etc etc. Just keep it flowing as need to get this done before Examm.

Last edited by V-16 : 13th May 2011 at 15:09.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

BTW i was in Mumbai last weekend, was in opera House Area. Did lot of shopping for Classic. Sorry Couldn't call you, Bombay's weather made me sick and i left for Pune early. I did see few shops for my Willys, but found out that Bhopal/Delhi/Hyderabad is better for Petrol Jeep spares.
I will upload pics soon.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 13th May 2011, 15:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Gogi Praaji, congratulations on your purchase and all the very best with the rebuild. Whatever you do with the 550, please DON'T sell your CJ3B. It is in a league of its own.

Glued to this thread.

Spike

PS- I presume you are aware about the availability of NGCS chassis for 550. Let me know if you need any info on this.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

WISH LIST

Rims-...Please recommend
Tyres-...As of now 31" Maxxis Bighorns
Power steering-..Already have the one which i had bought for my CJ
Brakes-...will want to do a booster set up
A/c-....Search is on for a pre owned unit
Front Seats-...Search is on for a pair from the Tavera/Innova
Rear Seats-....Please advice.
Highlift Jack-....where? How Much?
Head Lights-..Hella H4s?
Fogs-...Good inexpensive ones
Rear Lights-... LED type, where to get? How much
LED Torch-...Heera Panaa?
Tow Strap with gloves-...Source...Price?
Electric Winch-...Dont want a ridiculously expensive one. Alternative with price please!
Roll Cage
Buttons and Flip Switches-...Search is on
Snorkel-... Which...Source...Price?
Highlift Jack-...Source...Price?

im sure i will remember many other things.

Also guys, im off to Bangkok and Phuket for a few days on 22nd. Im told that Bangkok is a haven for 4X4 parts and accessories. Does anyone know from where and what i should get from there and what from here? Any address or contact. I have kept one whole day free in Bangkok just for this shopping. Please let me know.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:52   #28
BHPian

Congrats on such a nice buy.I am looking forward to its restoration .
As regards Harjeev , nicely said he is a gentle man jeeper
Old 13th May 2011, 16:03   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
WISH LIST

Also guys, im off to Bangkok and Phuket for a few days on 22nd. Im told that Bangkok is a haven for 4X4 parts and accessories. Does anyone know from where and what i should get from there and what from here? Any address or contact. I have kept one whole day free in Bangkok just for this shopping. Please let me know.
We'll sit and discuss gogiji.
Old 13th May 2011, 16:05   #30
BHPian

Hey V-16,

Congrats on the jeep.

Really sorry if I missed it, but can you please share the cost of the jeep ?

Also wish you have a nice vacation at Bangkok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks