Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 23:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Another Gypsy King Joins

Its as per your taste but still you can use a bit more of imagination for the front indicators. These dont seem to gel in with the looks.
Old 18th March 2013, 11:26   #32
BHPian

How it goes now ? The bolt heads of the Indicator lights would be painted Black, or a Kada (ring) may be welded around the lights. Additional Fog lights have also been fixed. That is the maximum in this phase of works.
Delivery of King is expected in a day or so. Pics would follow then.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Gypsy King Joins-62-r.jpg  

Old 18th March 2013, 21:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Yes painting the screws black would be better. Try a rubber beading kind of thing around the indicator lights. Additional fog lights are looking good. While still there try finding out a couple of black out lights and fix them over the indicators on the bumper.
Old 18th March 2013, 21:58   #34
BHPian

Black out lights are standard feature on all Army disposal vehicles. I was thinking of using those as Indicators, but somehow rejected them for being too common.

I feel enough of Lights. I shall be visiting US next month and might bring if something really appeals.

Cosmetic works are still balance. In the meantime, the Garage owner (Mayapuri Shop Owner - Babba) is driving the vehicle and performing Road Test. I do not mind that.

Next thing is selecting Decal for the Sides and Bonnet of the Gypsy.
Old 18th March 2013, 23:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Forget the decals for the sides. Pick up something good and big for the bonnet from the states. Blackout lights would not have worked as indicators as there is hardly any light coming out of them unless you remove the hood and once you do that they loose their character.
Old 30th March 2013, 20:15   #36
BHPian

At Last ! King is out of Mayapuri for road trials .
Attached Thumbnails
Another Gypsy King Joins-72.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-73.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-75.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-76.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-77.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-78.1.jpg  

Old 30th March 2013, 20:49   #37
BHPian

Part of Boot is closed with chequered plate.

Observe the Bolts for the Tower bolts underneath.

Locking arrangement is shown here.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Gypsy King Joins-80.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-81.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-82.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-83.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-87.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-88.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-89.1.jpg  

Old 30th March 2013, 20:56   #38
BHPian

Mystery of Secret Chamber revealed !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Another Gypsy King Joins-79.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-82.2.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-84.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-85.1.jpg  

Another Gypsy King Joins-86.1.jpg  

Old 30th March 2013, 21:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures and the gypsy seems to have turned out nice, but ditch the "battery" cover on the spare tyre. Plus do something to the un-coloured patches on the boot lid. Also try the rubber beading, transparent ones, like the one they use on glass doors for the edges of the boot lid.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 21:05   #40
BHPian

I have ample space for storage behind the driver / passenger seats. More things can be stuffed in the rear. Larger stuff could be kept above the boot and strapped from the Eye Bolts fixed for the purpose.
I have got a bigger Radiator and without coolant (Plain water) the Temperature Gauge just moves to show that it is working. I drained sufficient water and was able to record higher temperature also.

Interior works balance include Floor mats (full floor coverage). External works - Decals for sides and Bonnet.

Most important requirement - Time to drive
Old 30th March 2013, 21:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Nice pictures and the gypsy seems to have turned out nice, but ditch the "battery" cover on the spare tyre.
Plus do something to the un-coloured patches on the boot lid.
Also try the rubber beading, transparent ones, like the one they use on glass doors for the edges of the boot lid.
Thanks for appreciation. The Tyre cover was forced on me by the Vendor and I accepted it for a short time to hide the Bald Spare wheel till I get a better spare wheel.

I parked it for a short time at my unattended house till I got a call to remove it to safer place as kids of locality were jumping on the boot. The bums even scaled the compound wall and jumped on the boot. Fortunately no damage except stains of the Holi or Holy water at the festival.

The gasket is to prevent any rattling of the lid and remains hidden all the time and I may not go for any improvement. I myself pasted it with Fevicol SR 998.

My concern is period of my vacation with no one to care for it. I shall find some safe place for it.
Old 30th March 2013, 22:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Thanks for appreciation. The Tyre cover was forced on me by the Vendor and I accepted it for a short time to hide the Bald Spare wheel till I get a better spare wheel.

I parked it for a short time at my unattended house till I got a call to remove it to safer place as kids of locality were jumping on the boot. The bums even scaled the compound wall and jumped on the boot. Fortunately no damage except stains of the Holi or Holy water at the festival.

The gasket is to prevent any rattling of the lid and remains hidden all the time and I may not go for any improvement. I myself pasted it with Fevicol SR 998.

My concern is period of my vacation with no one to care for it. I shall find some safe place for it.
How long will you be gone? Park it with me, wont charge a dime plus you get it back with only more additions to it.

Anyway hows it riding? the stance and the looks look good but how does it run? you happy?
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 06:14   #43
BHPian

Thanks for the generous offer. I have managed with a newly constructed house with stilt parking for a month of my absence from Delhi Roads.

Riding is smooth and this time different from my motto 'everything in my Car, except the Horn, makes sound.'

Pick up is good even on CNG. Engine is silent. More than me, it is my wife who is happy. Though come down from Nissan Pathfinder, Pajero and Toyota Rav 4 (in Dubai) to Gypsy, she is happy to have a SUV.

More later.

Regards,
Old 1st April 2013, 00:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post

Pick up is good even on CNG. Engine is silent.
Hi Amrik,

Nice build there. I have been following it silently for some time now. Kindly provide more details on the CNG conversion. It looks very interesting. I think you should be able to take 20kgs of CNG in one fill with these cylinders. What kit are you using?

The cylinder fitment looks a bit dicey. Clamp it better. In a Gypsy they will be tossed around like anything.

cheers
vishwas
Old 1st April 2013, 10:39   #45
BHPian

Thanks for the concern.

The Cylinder are tightly and adequately clamped, though not in a professional way because of AC Condenser below preventing proper location of bolting.

I do not remember much about the CNG kit, as it was done two years ago. I will paste pictures of the components. Please bear with me till then. The two cylinders are of 13 kg and 12 kg. So your guess of total CNG is almost right.

I will check the distance I can cover with it and inform. Any guess ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks