Team-BHP - "Heart Over Mind" 2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   "Heart Over Mind" 2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/103740-heart-over-mind-2001-mm550-xd-rebuild.html)

(("Here's a vehicle that remains proudly traditional,that has no pretensions,and doesn't strive to create any.What you see is what you get.It may be too basic and crude for regular use,but what's your Merc for then?" :- Ouseph Chacko, AUTOCAR March 2006 about Mahindra Legend.)(But I really felt it while sitting with Vinod at wayanad).

So now I become a proud owner of an Ex-Army MM550.I don't think I can write stories so lets the pics to talk.

"Heart Over Mind"  2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild-me.jpg
Me with my first JEEP.

"Heart Over Mind"  2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild-cj500.jpg
Our First Jeep 1979/80 model CJ500D 4WD This is the jeep I learned driving especially 4x4 driving because My father won't allow me to drive on tar road without license :) (I was born in 1979).

One year back I came back to the jeep world may be our 4x4 section made me to think again and made me to reclaim my life (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...d-rebuild.html).

Now I become a proud owner of an Ex-Army MM550XD with the help of Shibu and Rohan and a nice dealer who is selling 550s for the first time:).
We took two jeeps from the dealer Prabhu I bought the 2001 and my friend bought the 2000 model MM550.

Jeep is ready to go home.
"Heart Over Mind"  2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild-jeep-front.jpg
"Heart Over Mind"  2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild-jeep-rear.jpg

congrats!! :)

looks like its in the painting, right?

a great 4x4 vehicle without any modifications.

looking forward to the overhaul & its final outcome.

rgds,
Nikhil

Congrats on your new jeep, looks in good shape. Do share the details like condition of the jeep, price etc

Looking forward to its restoration and its good that one more jeep will be coming back to its glory again :)

Congrats om your new purchase. Looks like you have landed yourself a great Jeep! Is it the pre-NGCS? What plans now regarding mechanicals, painting, tyres/ wheels, rollcage? All the best for your restoration!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhkris (Post 2412747)
Congrats om your new purchase. Looks like you have landed yourself a great Jeep! Is it the pre-NGCS? What plans now regarding mechanicals, painting, tyres/ wheels, rollcage? All the best for your restoration!!

Good Morning Dr.:)

right now just make it to running condition and do the registration. Jeep is already in running condition so need to check the breaks. Work already started.

Right now the plan is
1. Check all the mechanical parts - service/replace
2. Body is in great condition - so little tinkering local painting (For reg)
3. New set of tyres - Army tyre only (Money Matters)
4. Check the electrical fix if there any problem make the lights work.
5. Upholstery work like a cheep soft top / seats.

- Sreejesh

Sreejesh,

My God! You are a Jeeper from the time you could sit, way ahead of us all.

Congratulations on your 550, nice to join the Jeepers club, a world in its own, you will know what I mean, soon.

All th best.

Sreejesh, where did you buy thi jeep from? The dealer is from Kerala?

Congrats Shreejesh. A Jeeper from the days you could barely sit eh :D. As Fazalbhai pointed out, way ahead of all of us. Nice Jeep. did you get it in this shape or have you carried out the work as can be seen on the Jeep. Please post some pics from the inside and also what you intend the Jeep to turn out as. An mods planned or will be going stock?

Also kindly post pics of the oil cooler if this Jeep has one (it should). Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2413566)
Congrats Shreejesh. A Jeeper from the days you could barely sit eh :D. As Fazalbhai pointed out, way ahead of all of us. Nice Jeep. did you get it in this shape or have you carried out the work as can be seen on the Jeep. Please post some pics from the inside and also what you intend the Jeep to turn out as. An mods planned or will be going stock?

Also kindly post pics of the oil cooler if this Jeep has one (it should). Thanks

Thank you.

I got it in this shape. The buying experience of this jeep is a big story Shibu and Rohan helped me to get this jeep will post the details.
Right now no mechanical mods except a snorkel and few cosmetic mods without loosing the army character of the MM550. I have the oil cooler will post the pics.
- Sreejesh

"Heart Over Mind"  2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild-air-filter.jpg

Any idea what made is this air filter ? This was the air filter came in my jeep.

First accept my heartiest congralutions on owning your jeep.
Could you tell how much you paid for the mm550 to the dealer

Engine,gearbox,clutch and breaks are serviced by a very experienced hands.

"Heart Over Mind"  2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild-break.jpg

Getting ready for the first test coat of paint and registration.
"Heart Over Mind"  2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild-20110705_095842_601.jpg

Almost decided to go with 7.5x16 Army tyres.

"Heart Over Mind"  2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild-20110707_133047_223.jpg

"Heart Over Mind"  2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild-20110708_141440_500.jpg

"Heart Over Mind"  2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild-20110708_134425_354.jpg

First coat of paint for registration.

Thats a nice jeep taking shape.

sreejesh is this work getting done in malappuram district (manjeri)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhilash (Post 2422838)
Thats a nice jeep taking shape.

sreejesh is this work getting done in malappuram district (manjeri)?

Yes Manjeri. I am from Areacode how you know that workshop ?