Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 09:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Evil Eye and the Jeep

Few lessons I learnt from my latest jeep trip (the nth time it has stopped at least once, one its own during a trip)

All jeeps are living things.

The jeep decides who its owner should be.

You dont own the jeep, the Jeep owns you.

The jeep will trouble you till you cant take it any more. The day it is satisfied that you have passed the "jeep endurance course" you wont be subjected to any more torture.

No matter how worse the repair/situation, someone will come to help.

Your REAL friends are the ones who will not crib when they are sitting with you in the jeep and the jeep breaks down while driving to an important event.

Your REALLY Real friends are the ones who will crawl alongside you under the jeep, despite wearing the best of clothes.

You cannot write a poem on the jeep. You will not find rhyming words to describe it.

A 100% fit jeep is a myth. So is a 100% fit human.

When in jeep trouble, i pray to UBS, Jammy and Suresh Stephen for some relief.

No matter how many senior Jeepers exist, it is each jeeper to himself during a crisis. After all, you own the jeep.

Jeep parts are cheap but hard to find.

Two cars from the same brand, make and serial number may look, feel and drive the same way. Jeeps do not have twins.

You never get bored in/of a jeep.

Having a girlfriend or wife who loves the jeep is hazardous. You will be the permanent passenger and she, the permanent driver.

"A lady in jeep is worth two in a car/scooty."
kingvikz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 14:02   #17
BANNED

^^^ I salute your spirit & sense of humour ,despite going through the Labour of love .

Every word you said touched heart ,

this is one of the best posts ( after the Hitlers rant on Thar ) which makes the agony of every jeeper easy ( yes I have gone through this & I don't think there are any exceptions ) .

you don't own the Jeep --- it owns you -- best words

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 15:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

EDITd to remove 1st writeup----

Seems your trouble days are faar from over, we will hear more from you over the next few months.

Last edited by svsantosh : 25th July 2011 at 15:44.
Old 25th July 2011, 15:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Amazing!! Amazing observation my friend, I fell in love with what you say, each word of your post is true and does happen with every jeeper, I am no exception, while reading your lines my mind was shooting all those pictures & experiences I had with my machine. My JEEP (Willie) also tested me but not to the core. I am so lucky to become a jeeper and at the same time have my Willie.

True!! You don't own a JEEP, JEEP owns you and it's right! JEEP decides who its owner to be.

I am jotting down all the lines without your permission as I will read it to my Willie and say " this is what we jeepers feel about you".
Attached Thumbnails
Evil Eye and the Jeep-p230711_17.53.jpg  

Old 25th July 2011, 16:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
EDITd to remove 1st writeup----

Seems your trouble days are faar from over, we will hear more from you over the next few months.
I did not understand the first line.

Every time Jeep has an issue, I lose my time, money and heart to it.
I also gain experience, ideas and new friends !
Old 25th July 2011, 19:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

At first I didn't read the page1 last post of your recent trouble, so I 1st typed what was the problem that lead to this post? Then I understood and said 'your troubles are faaar from over' - meaning better get a complete mechanical check up at a different place, just like a second opinion at a 2nd doctors place...
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 20:40   #22
BHPian

Hey Vikz,
I just just love the way you love your JEEP. Reading your posts kept me thinkin IF I were in ur place I'd definitely sell my Jeep off, But really its a jeep thing. And its tough to let it just go. I've already had my clutch cable snap in heavy traffic, on my way to a marriage, and in the middle of a jungle just within 1 year and I'd curse the Jeep like mad n even thought of buying a BRAND NEW THAR and get rid of my old jeep.. but NO. its never happened as yet. I'm still goin strong and we've been together for some 35000 KMs and 2+ Years. And I still love it (With all its imperfections). :-)
Old 25th July 2011, 23:28   #23
BHPian

Thank you Johan

Its experiences like yours that stand testimony to newbies like me that owning is a jeep is not an easy task but nevertheless, a fruitful one.
Old 25th July 2011, 23:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Kingvikz - As they all say - This too shall pass! Whenever time and other factor permit, bring it over to Gopals. Don't have to spend anything, just have him take a look at it and tell you what all needs to be done. I am sure you will find the visit fruitful!
Old 26th July 2011, 09:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Kingvikz - As they all say - This too shall pass! Whenever time and other factor permit, bring it over to Gopals. Don't have to spend anything, just have him take a look at it and tell you what all needs to be done. I am sure you will find the visit fruitful!
Thanks Shubz, Belive me Iam waiting for time to come. Before that I would like the current mechanic to finish what he started. The rear door needs a new beading & jeep needs body cover. After that, its time for a 2nd opinion..

Few more Jeep quotes from yours truly:

"Thou shall not surf team-bhp: jeep section while making breakfast"

"There exists a jeep soul within even the worse of mod jobs"

The ability to notice/identify a jeep, however faded or unstable, in heavy traffic is proportionate to one's passion on the subject.

The jeeps owned in villages and small towns are usually never in good paint, have a few bushes missing or even a bent chassis and yet, apparently go about their usual business in disdain.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:42   #26
BHPian

Kingvikz,

I have no personal experience of owning a Jeep, but sufficient experience with incompetent and lazy (though apparently 'reputed') mechanics, fussy motorcycles and other folks' Jeeps. I'd say the first thing to do is just find a new mechanic, and then watch how things unfold. No point in with this guy. However experienced he is, its just not working for you. The Jeep may not be flawless, but can certainly provide good service, as is evident from this forum.

Hope it all works out.

Cheers,
Rahul
voodoochild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 21:35   #27
BHPian

Mechanic called me for a trial. Took the jeep straight to BVK Iyengar road - Sunday Bazaar. The trip made Tannery Road look like a National Highway. Came back by evening with a loose brake pedal (Shakes from side to side) and a steering that refused to turn left without B.P (Biceps Power).

Wednesday, Honeymoon ends for Mechanic, Jeep leaves garage for good. Next Weekend (Hopefully) Welcome Sarakkai, Here I come!!! Hope "the Hulk" will be around for some help.
Old 31st July 2011, 22:29   #28
BHPian

Sorry about the line "Mechanic called me for a trial."

Only after reading it a little while later did I realize the statement sounded preposterous.

I meant "Mechanic called to ask me if I could take the jeep for a trial."

Sorry for the grammar dysfunction, Mods.
Old 1st August 2011, 19:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvikz View Post
Mechanic called me for a trial. Took the jeep straight to BVK Iyengar road - Sunday Bazaar. The trip made Tannery Road look like a National Highway. Came back by evening with a loose brake pedal (Shakes from side to side) and a steering that refused to turn left without B.P (Biceps Power).

Wednesday, Honeymoon ends for Mechanic, Jeep leaves garage for good. Next Weekend (Hopefully) Welcome Sarakkai, Here I come!!! Hope "the Hulk" will be around for some help.
Welcome to this part of the town. It is Sarakki. made it sound like a vegetable - Sorekai.

This weekend I am off to Delhi. So Hulk may not be around. But Gopal sure would be. Ping me - I shall give you Gopals number so you can talk to him.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Welcome to this part of the town. It is Sarakki. made it sound like a vegetable - Sorekai.

This weekend I am off to Delhi. So Hulk may not be around. But Gopal sure would be. Ping me - I shall give you Gopals number so you can talk to him.
No issues. Let the Hulk return and then we can visit Gopal. I need few days of respite from the word "garage".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks