Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 22:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

My MM540, my way

Hi all this is the jeep I've got customised for someone. This jeep doesn't have any story, it's a simple, straight approach. The current owner wanted to buy a cj5 but the prices were exorbitant and the usage is very minimal hence my approach to get him what he want and within a BUDGET.
Attached Thumbnails
My MM540, my way-vinay-540.jpg  

My MM540, my way-good.jpg  

Old 12th July 2011, 23:44   #2
BHPian

Re: My MM540, my way

I love what youve done , specially the chromy snorkel. Paint job also looks fantastic. Bucket seats are custom made ?
Old 13th July 2011, 10:37   #3
BHPian

Chanu thats a wonderful transformation , Chrome snorkel looks good , the doors look good too . I guess you should have considered full black seats . The top is super fine . Are those Y bars made ones or procured from a some jeep.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:56   #4
BHPian

Chanu, thats a nice transformation.
Isn't the cream/Ivory MM540 in the second picture the original one? That's a neat one too.
The black paintjob looks good. But, personally I would prefer less chrome...a little too bling for my taste.

Last edited by jeeva : 13th July 2011 at 11:21.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 11:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Good job. Can you post few more photos of the soft doors, particularly the inner side & the locking mechanism? Also are those side steps/ rock sliders imported or custom made?
Old 13th July 2011, 11:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrut View Post
I love what youve done , specially the chromy snorkel. Paint job also looks fantastic. Bucket seats are custom made ?
Thanks Vikrut, the seats are taken from some imported Toyota car, the seat is similar to ones come in daewoo ceilo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Chanu thats a wonderful transformation , Chrome snorkel looks good , the doors look good too . I guess you should have considered full black seats . The top is super fine . Are those Y bars made ones or procured from a some jeep.
Thanks Karizma, even I am impressed with the transformation. This jeep is done for a client hence the seats are of his choice, if I were to do I would have chosen either complete dull black or a combo of dull black with chocolate or cream with chocolate shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Chanu, thats a nice transformation.
Isn't the cream/Ivory MM540 in the second picture the original one? That's a neat one too.
The black paintjob looks good. But, personally I would prefer less chrome...a little too bling for my taste.
Thanks Jeeva, the cream/ivory MM540 4 WD is the original jeep which was a very neat one transformed into the black one, the paint shade is straight from Mahindra & Mahindra shade card, had to do lot of home work, thinking to the extent where my mind blacked out then came this shade, I agree to the chrome aspect but couldn't help when my body shop and customer were of the same opinion " Kale color pe chrome fittings acha dikhaga" and they took the task of chroming, I did't even like the front grille chroming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Good job. Can you post few more photos of the soft doors, particularly the inner side & the locking mechanism? Also are those side steps/ rock sliders imported or custom made?
Thanks Kandisa, sure I will post some pictures, in fact I didn't like the way the doors are done hence re doing them today hopefully if the rain is not hampering. Lock mechanisms are simple and to be honest they are the same which comes on any hand built coach truck.

The side steps (to be precise as they wouldn't with stand the impact in rock sliding as they tend to get dents because of the thickness used) they are perfect as foot steps & they are custom made not imported. I was amazed to see when three adults were standing on them.
Old 13th July 2011, 22:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Here are some more pictures of the jeep.
Attached Thumbnails
My MM540, my way-p100711_15.59.jpg  

My MM540, my way-p100711_16.01_01.jpg  

My MM540, my way-p100711_16.01.jpg  

My MM540, my way-p100711_16.00_02.jpg  

My MM540, my way-p100711_16.00_03.jpg  

My MM540, my way-p100711_16.00_01.jpg  

Old 14th July 2011, 07:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Another fantastic restoration Bala bhai. Seems you are seriously progressing to be the professional automobile restorer. That 540 has been completely transformed.
I like the way those roll bars are covered in rexine and not some ugly tape/ twine.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:16   #9
BANNED

Please lose the funny contraption upfront. Otherwise the vehicle does look the part.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:37   #10
BHPian

Nice Jeep Chanu, Chrome doesnt not go good with the jeep. Your workmanship is masked by the shiny stuffs.
Looks like you have chopped the tub and the door a bit lover than the orginals, its looks If you don't mind what would be the cost of the Y top including the bars?
Old 14th July 2011, 14:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

every jeeper to his own taste and needs.

i like the all time AC treatment.....best vehicle to enjoy monsoon rains!
Old 14th July 2011, 16:19   #12
BANNED

Looks more classic than sport (even with that rubber) but I guess thats what your client wanted. Im trying to imagine the seats in complete black. It some how feels like you tried to make a classy sporty Jeep you should have just stuck with one look. But what you did is pretty good.
Old 16th July 2011, 00:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Another fantastic restoration Bala bhai. Seems you are seriously progressing to be the professional automobile restorer. That 540 has been completely transformed.
I like the way those roll bars are covered in rexine and not some ugly tape/ twine.
Thanks Sagar, No I am way too far from thinking to be a professional restorer but you sure can call me a enthusiast, I have got the gist of what are the troubles one has to go through when doing a job for someone than yourselves, the expectations are very high and it's a rope walk to handle. The enthusiasm what you have in getting the things done is not the same with the people doing it, one has to face lot of frustration and disappointments in some phases, though there are few proud, happy moments as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Please lose the funny contraption upfront. Otherwise the vehicle does look the part.
I felt the same but the owner likes it to be that way, I wouldn't have put if it I had to make a decision but what to do when the body shop guys and the owner share the same opinion of making this jeep look classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
Nice Jeep Chanu, Chrome doesnt not go good with the jeep. Your workmanship is masked by the shiny stuffs.
Looks like you have chopped the tub and the door a bit lover than the orginals, its looks If you don't mind what would be the cost of the Y top including the bars?
Thanks Twinn, to some extent you are right, the front grille mesh is spoiling the spirit and I did point this out but it was ignored immediately so not much we can do on that. The tub retains the same height because we removed the 'B' pillar you might be feeling that however it is reinforced with that roll bar and extra support to avoid weakness as the door latch fits in there. Over all safety is the first priority so it will in any of my projects, seat belts options are also given to use anytime on the roll bars. Foot boards were designed to carry the weight of 3 adults max (practically tested) as per the requirement of the owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
every jeeper to his own taste and needs.

i like the all time AC treatment.....best vehicle to enjoy monsoon rains!
Thanks Parm, you understood well! yes all time A/C and attention is guaranteed in a well done jeep so does this. There is an 'half top' option also available on this jeep for better fun this monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidac369 View Post
Looks more classic than sport (even with that rubber) but I guess thats what your client wanted. Im trying to imagine the seats in complete black. It some how feels like you tried to make a classy sporty Jeep you should have just stuck with one look. But what you did is pretty good.
I am also feeling the same since you said, yes it looks more of a classic jeep however we haven't done any thing to make it look sport neither engine wise or look wise. This jeep is done up to make people head turn, I see it doing that well (had to follow this jeep when brought from upholstery guys, people were staring at this jeep then/than my Willie). Complete black would have made the jeep in one uniform color but I would have opted for a combo of chocolate and cream/ dull black and textured black rexine.
Old 16th July 2011, 22:50   #14
BHPian

Chanu bhai, that's a very good remodeling, especially the snorkel and the side profile also looks a bit changed. Any mods?
And if possible please share your other links of such rebuilds.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks