Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 15:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Introducing, The LYNX.

Wow, what a beautiful machine - both form & function are perfect, a rare combination.

Congratulations!
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:52   #32
BHPian

this is one jeep that make me drool
awesome job on her sir,
and seeing her and yourself perform together at examm specially climbimg that slope up where everyones else got winched, brilliant stuff sir
congrats again
Old 24th July 2011, 14:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Let me be the first one to congratulate you Fazal !! But why didn't you retain the original alloys...they look great !?
NIP,

Thanks a lot for being the first.

The originals were not alloys but fabricated and not dependable for off roading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhkris View Post
Very nice looking Jeep Fazal Sir. Congrats on the LYNX!! I liked your tail-gate design. Is it OE or fabricated by you? Can this idea work on a MM 540? Hope you have a great off-roading weekend.
Dr. Madhu,

Thanks.

It is not OE, matter of fact the whole body is fabricated in 16 gauge CR.
Oh Yes, we had a great time at Karjat and Lonavala.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I could see the hood has got some thin vent is it true or some kind of illusion, those two lights on bumper are super cool where are they from, is it the RAPTOR which is black in color inside and under the body? I wish and hope to see this fella sometime personally.
Bala,

Thank you.

It is a fabricated add on bolted on the hood from inside. Yes, thats the Raptor bed liner. The two lights are Micro DE, projector fog lamps from Hella.

Soon we will meet and you ride it and judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Congrats! Good job. To be frank, the Jeep still has to reach the perfection levels that we associate with Fazal Saab, may be because you were rushing to get things done before time. I see some cleverly done stuffs (e.g. Combination switch cover). Do you have plans for FFRA conversion too? Without radiator shroud you can observe how coolant temperature changes.

Hope the Jeep performs well in AKC / EXAMM, looking forward to see this monster in Hyderabad soon.
Spike
Spike,

Thanks.

There are still things to be done, shroud etc. No plans for FFRA, I love this combo and its done wonders on and off road, about 1800kms. The temp never went beyond 80, all through.

Hope to see you in Hyd soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats Fazal Saab!
The Lynx is looking nice and look forward to seeing it in person after the AKC/EXAMM!
P.S: Knowing the AKC/EXAMM Trail, I would suggest a plastic cover over the seats for the fear of spoiling them permanently.
Ani,

Missed you and Bidisha there.

The seats needed to be brushed off and the dry mud completely came off, guess it is the OE fabric that did it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Superb looking jeep - congratulations, sir.

One small doubt - the seat appears to be clad in a fabric like material - will it be a problem if it gets wet\muddy during the OTRs?

PS: The logo is super cool - It should go on the Jeep.
theexperthand,

Thank you.

Reg. the seats they are as good as new.
The logo went on it before it left for AKC & EXAMM, thanks to my friend Rudra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post

one of the best restored hybrid 340.

BTW which lights are on the front bumper?
are those powerful as normal halogens?

i like the JCB lights.
which software do you use for the illustration?

rgds,
Nikhil

edit: why the LHD wiper?
Nikhil,

Thanks.

The lights are Micro DE, projector fog lamps from Hella. They are not as bright as halogen but very effective in fog, tested at Lonavala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrut View Post
Superb, superb, looks tough as nails , a wonderful creation. The light guards I have never seen before, looks good. It is beautiful in Lonavala right now .. it would make a very enjoyable drive in the ghats with this.
Vikrut,

Thank you.

Light guards were locally fabricated. The ghat drive and interiors were just beyond words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annu0706 View Post
very nicely done. congratulations dear
just one question- the black color was good n shiny, what apperas from the pictures, then why did you changed?
Annu,

Thanks.

It is not only the colour that was changed but the whole body, I like light colour as it is visible to others at nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Fantastic looking Jeep! Congrats sir. Btw one silly question, where is the ORVM/wing mirrors?I dont see them and the IRVM with the soft screen down, they dont serve their purpose completely right?

how is the snorkel secured along the windshield and along its vertical length? Its a softtop version, so the winshield could be pivoted, doesnt the snorkel an obstacle if you wish to put your windshield down?

On the whole good drive, congrats again sir.
AlphaKilo,

Thanks.

Had no time for the wing mirrors and in a spot to fix them as the snorkel is on the way.

No plans to drop the windshield, reason the snorkel is fixed on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Congrats Fazal sir on yet another amazing build. Looks like its been built just for THE purpose. A very ingenious idea of the JCB foglights and I do see a pair of Hella micro DE's too. I've got a pair of them too in my Jeep (fitted under the bumper) and they are just great. Wish you lots of good and fun times on your upcoming adventures in the LYNX.
Johannes,

Thank you.

The JCB lights are very good on and off road, with 100/90 H4 in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
JEEP Looks nice, I prefer the Original Style Top (Bow or Scissor), gives more character.

Please check the Snorkel Plumbing, the Air Filter Inlet and the Snorkel Pipes does not look like they have been clamped, this will render the snorkel useless.
Arka,

The roll cage gave the soft top this shape as it is stretched directly over it.

Did the hose clamping before leaving for the event, will update the pics. of the engine bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
Fazal Sir, another amazing creation. All your jeeps something different all the time. :-)
Arun,

Thanks a lot for your appreciation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Nothing embodies Just-In-Time philosophy better for me today than you being able to finish your Jeep and go off to Lonavala! Awesome build and looking forward to seeing it soon.

Looking forward to meeting you Fazal bhai.
Aditya,

Thanks. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Being able to make it in time was just great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick56 View Post
Great job fazal bhai
the side indicators and guards look cool
was it the same jeep i saw when i met you....brilliant metamorphosis
the seat covers.....will they survive the OTR's ?
love the lynx logo
Dr. Amar,
Thank you.

Yes, it is the same one.
The seats are as good as new after a dry hard scrub with a stiff brush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
Wonderful job. Simply loved the interiors and the dash of the jeep. The dash looks pristine.
zipperone,

And the exteriors???

Thanks a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Woaaaahhhhh! This is just superb Fazal saab! What a build, all purposeful offroad beast! Congratulations and have tons of fun at AKC and EXAMM!
Jaggu,

Thanks.

We did actually have a blast, all three days. Yes, it did meet up to the expectations and beyond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Wow ! Now that's a beautiful beast, very well executed.

Just a dumb question, the snorkel is open from the front (infact slightly tilted upwards), won't it let the water in, specially in torrential rains ?
Turbo Head,

Thank you.

The snorkel was no problem at all, as it did great all through the Lonavala downpour and it was torrential from Lonavala to Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Superb Jeep Fazal Bhai, Hope it has performed like the way you wanted in Examm.

Common now, give us pics of your baby in action !!!
Abbas,

Thanks.

Yes it did better than expected.

Uploading more pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keralshobhit View Post
Amazing is the word.
Loved it.
but are there 2 jeeps.
one black and other brownish.
Congrats.
keralshobhit,

Thank you.

It is the same Jeep which earlier was black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Having seen this jeep at AKC and EXAMM, and the way it performed I was blown away! The vehicle seemed and is perfect in every respect. Not once did I see you or the vehicle falter at any of the obstacles.

My hats off to you sir and on the fantastic build that is this vehicle!

Sir it was a pleasure meeting you in person and making your acquaintance.
Gautam,

Thank you. Meeting you and your beautiful family was great!

The credit of the Lynx making it through all obstacles also goes to the spotters, for it was them who made it all possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
As Always.....Fazal Bhai! Great show. Good jeep....yet another!

I am waiting for mine to come from you!
Srikanth,

Thanks a lot.

Soon you too will be owning the 550, I guess. Make it a point to be at events like AKC and EXAMM, it doubles the pleasure of building or owning a Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
You are lucky the local constabularies did not award you with a summons for not having boating navigation lights and life preservers on board...
the pictures show it. SWB jeeps can definitely perform. Very nice vehicle you have there.
DirtyDan,

Thanks.

SWB's just breezed through.

Yes, I was lucky not to be penalized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
Wow, what a beautiful machine - both form & function are perfect, a rare combination.

Congratulations!
H3LIOS,

Thank you.

I was confident it would do better than its looks and it did not fail me one moment, for that matter...I too hope I did not fail the Lynx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
this is one jeep that make me drool
awesome job on her sir,
and seeing her and yourself perform together at examm specially climbimg that slope up where everyones else got winched, brilliant stuff sir
congrats again
Allan,

Thanks a lot.

A compliment coming from a MASTER CRAFTSMAN himself, is highly appreciated.

That slope where I made it up in the first attempt...The credit goes to Ravveendrra, who walked the path I should take and made me believe, I could do it.

The left tilt of the slope was too tricky and was pulling the Jeep sideways than in front travel in an extremely slippery slush.

The right amount of acceleration + maneuvering was the key.

Thanks to you guys as...

When I was down there waiting for the start, word got around amongst you guys (yourself, Imran, Devang and others) on the top that, "This Jeep will make it up on its own".

Now buddy, that was pressure on me to perform and guess I did good under pressure.

Regards to all,

EDIT: Still nursing the event hangover.
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6466.jpg  

Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6394.jpg  

Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6220.jpg  

Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6486.jpg  

Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6379.jpg  

Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6294.jpg  

Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6299.jpg  

Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6289.jpg  

Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6749.jpg  

Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6513.jpg  

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 24th July 2011 at 14:56.
fazalaliadil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 14:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
NIP,

When I was down there waiting for the start, word got around amongst you guys (yourself, Imran, Devang and others) on the top that, "This Jeep will make it up on its own".

Now buddy, that was pressure on me to perform and guess I did good under pressure.

Regards to all,
Sir, One question on the last picture in which you are driving in the slush/water, I see that the jeep is with 4 persons, will this not pose a problem when driving over loose mud/slush due to higher loads(comparetively)? or does this improve grip? If this helps grip, can the same not be achieved by reducing the tyre pressures? Or simply you just moved on with the trail and I am thinking too technical for a simple thing?
Old 24th July 2011, 15:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, One question on the last picture in which you are driving in the slush/water, I see that the jeep is with 4 persons, will this not pose a problem when driving over loose mud/slush due to higher loads(comparetively)? or does this improve grip? If this helps grip, can the same not be achieved by reducing the tyre pressures? Or simply you just moved on with the trail and I am thinking too technical for a simple thing?
Aplhakilo,

The tyre pressure was reduced to 24 psi for traction.

At times more persons on board are a boon to counter weight a tilt.

Most times, the difficult obstacles I was doing solo, as my passangers took the chicken route.

I am not that technical a person, just do it full of self belief and without any hesitance.

The difficult one that all others were winched out from, I did solo.

Sir Behram's
wise words: " Go through the obstacle in your mind before attempting it", I follow each letter and word in his advice.

Regards,
Old 24th July 2011, 15:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

rightly said sir. Always prevention is better than cure. I see from the pics(the first couple) that you were attempting the tough ones "Solo". one technical question, I havent gone through your jeep completely, do you have torsion rods for front and rear axles? If I remember correctly yours is a MM550 army axle and the army ones uses these anti-torsion rods. How much is articulation your jeep manages?
Old 24th July 2011, 15:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rightly said sir. Always prevention is better than cure. I see from the pics(the first couple) that you were attempting the tough ones "Solo". one technical question, I havent gone through your jeep completely, do you have torsion rods for front and rear axles? If I remember correctly yours is a MM550 army axle and the army ones uses these anti-torsion rods. How much is articulation your jeep manages?
AlphaKilo,

Yes, It is fitted with 51" front and rear (Army MM550) diffs.

You mean stabilizer bars? No, I do not have them, thought about it but decided against, as it restricts articulation.

The Jeep is fairly good on articulation (pics. below)

Regards,

Introducing, The LYNX.-p1080053.jpg
Introducing, The LYNX.-p1080051.jpg
Introducing, The LYNX.-dsc_6444.jpg
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 15:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
AlphaKilo,

Yes, It is fitted with 51" front and rear (Army MM550) diffs.

You mean stabilizer bars? No, I do not have them, thought about it but decided against, as it restricts articulation.

The Jeep is fairly good on articulation (pics. below)

Regards,

Attachment 581984
Attachment 581985
Attachment 582006
exactly the pics i was looking for! Seems good amount of articulation there. any plans of getting a bigger rims and fatter tyres?
Old 24th July 2011, 16:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
exactly the pics i was looking for! Seems good amount of articulation there. any plans of getting a bigger rims and fatter tyres?
These 15 inchers are just fine, the Trepedors and their size (235/75/R15) is just too good for a SWB. Anything bigger would be an overkill and translate in a harder steering.
Old 24th July 2011, 18:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

It's amazing feats that a jeep can do, so does you jeep Fazal sir, I am totally impressed. Regarding driving your jeep would be a honor for me but when you said judge then I am novice and I am in no comparison with you sir. You rock Fazal sahab !!
Old 24th July 2011, 19:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

The LYNX is easily a show stealer. The way the jeep has turned out is absolutely amazing !! Kudos to the effort & expertise of Fazal Sahib

Cheers
Old 25th July 2011, 11:37   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sending the link Fazalbhai. Fabulous is the only word that comes to mind, looking at you having all the fun! Post-event hangovers can only be cured by taking off for another OTR trip. So where to next?
Old 30th September 2011, 18:14   #43

Nice Vehicle Fazal bhai, where did you get the fender lights from?
FerozKhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 18:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Feroz Khan,

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

The lights are from JCB and the guards were designed by me, drawing attached on this thread.
Regards,
Old 30th September 2011, 23:56   #45

Thanks Fazal bhai, I have been around on team-bhp for a few years now, however I dont find the time to post.
I like reading about your builds in these threads, do you still have this jeep or you have sold it already?

Most Viewed