Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 13:00   #1
BHPian

Lost in Delhi with a Mitsubishi Pajero SWB

Hello people, never thought i would get a chance like numerous people on team bhp to put up a thread sharing their dream which came true with others.

When i read about people getting a chance to own their childhood dreams or cars they fancied i could so much relate to them but never knew when would i get lucky (with wheels ).

kinda irrelevant but a brief background about me: I moved to India last year from America after spending 7 years there, being passionate about cars like all of you grab the opportunity and bought some nice wheels in America> Mitsubishi 3000GT '97 my 1st car, BMW M3 '02 my 2nd car and Jeep Wrangler '07

And although i loved my GT and M3 i think me Jeep Wrangler had the strongest bond and felt like made for each other. And since then i gave myself all in to the breed called SUV/4x4 and decided if i ever buy a car it has to be SUV/4x4 and nothing else. So when I moved to India was looking at various options which a student can afford and thought of a Pre-owned Pajero SWB or Lancruiser SWB or a new Thar.
Looked for the Imports all over but cudnt find any thing that can be my daily ride as well as a hell of an offroader, but u know how in bolllywood movies they say "koi kahi na kahi tumhaare liye banaa hein au woh tumhaare paas he kahi hein" and thats what happened.

2 days before my bday this february i came to my uncles place and there was Mitsubishi Pajero SWB was parked there and i just cudnt believe my eyes. Went straight in and inquired about the car and came to know it was owned by one of our family friends but never knew about it. took it for a drive and loved it as it was a 3 liter V6 Petrol, an when i came back from the drive the owner asked me if i like it and told me that he was looking forward to sell it. And trust me i have never ever bought a candy with that kind of impulse and said yes i want this car.

I have attached the pictures of the vehicle.

So after i bought this car in February drove it to Baroda Gujarat (where i am from) from Delhi (where i live right now). I got it checked and serviced at a local Mitsubishi dealership which is owned by a friend who also is the guy to go to for all the imports and unique rides. after a month or so got the car back to delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
Lost in Delhi with a Mitsubishi Pajero SWB-img00664201102241802.jpg  

Lost in Delhi with a Mitsubishi Pajero SWB-img00662201102241801.jpg  

Lost in Delhi with a Mitsubishi Pajero SWB-img00661201102241801.jpg  

Lost in Delhi with a Mitsubishi Pajero SWB-img00667201102241803.jpg  

Lost in Delhi with a Mitsubishi Pajero SWB-img00673201102241813.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2011 at 12:58. Reason: Please use spacing between paragraphs for easier readability. Adding
KokosaM3 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 15:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lost in Delhi with a Mitsubishi Pajero SWB

Nice ride. What did you pay for it? Write about the ride details and your initial impressions.
Old 30th July 2011, 17:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

So you bought a car with same engine as your first car in US minus the DOHC.
Old 30th July 2011, 22:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice find. Its Nagaland registered 1st generation Pajero..

V6 petrol. It must be very peppy. I really envy you man.

and yeah Congratulations.

PS: Do check the papers, as two things are very shady in India at the moment. Gun license and Vehicle Registration from north east. Both are very easy to procure there. Believe me I was born in the very heart of Nagaland.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 16:32   #5
BHPian

@dipen: u got that right actually i was very excited when i learnt it shared the same engine with 3000gt as i was very happy with that car and its over all performance so got a bit emotional too when i found this car with 3.0 V6
@SirAlec: Thank you and about the papers i second that feeling. that here the papers need to be really clean. Being a Gujju i wud have never a bought an import but since the guy i bought it from i trust him and also verified the import papers since this was acquired from the customs auctions. So it was seized by the customs for irregularities by the original importer and this car was in customs warehouse for long time then Customs auctioned it out and that where the previous buyer got t from.

Also guys i would like your help in finding out the right person/garage who can help me maintain this ride with good service and original parts. As I'm not from delhi find it hard to trust anyone with parts and labor here.
Also i got a small issue of Ignition coil which i need to replace and got in touch with this guy in Khan market but he says he cudnt find the part so now my car is sitting idle since a week.
It was running perfectly and suddenly one day it gave up on me in middle of the road and then i had to call this previous owner who suggested me a guy in khan market and apparently he is a car accessories guy but he told me he has worked on this car before and since i didnt have much of an option i asked him to fix it for me
his mechanic came last week and took away the ignition coil and said need to replace it and cudnt find it so i need fellow teamhpians.
thank you

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2011 at 11:42. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 31st July 2011, 19:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Try speaking with Phil of Speedsport. That is where my Pajeros are maintained. He may be able to help you sort this one out. He has a decent sourcing network.

He is based out of Chattarpur. Give it a shot. // Speed Sport . Automotive Engineering Solutions . New Delhi . India //

Cheers
Old 31st July 2011, 21:13   #7
BHPian

@Ricky: thank you ricky, but i would like to know does he have decent know of petrol v6 engine as most of the pajeros are diesel?

Also does anyone have an idea of what kind of Ignition Coil is compatible with this model or a 3.0 L v6 engine as the mechanic he showed me one in 1st picture which is just a single output but when i went to pallika bhawan (where they have imported vehicle spares) there all the vendors told me that it should be a 6 output as it is a 6 cylinder engine as shown in 2nd and 3rd pic.

So now i'm super confused since i was not there when the mechanic took the ignition coil from my car.

Also the mechanic told me that the Diamond is original company and the vendors told me that it should be MMC so now I don't even know wHether the coil that came out my car is original or not please enlighten me on this issue
Attached Thumbnails
Lost in Delhi with a Mitsubishi Pajero SWB-img00933201107301548.jpg  

Lost in Delhi with a Mitsubishi Pajero SWB-img00934201107301628.jpg  

Lost in Delhi with a Mitsubishi Pajero SWB-img00935201107301629.jpg  

KokosaM3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 10:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you speak to him, he is your best bet. Yes he knows enough about 6cyl engines - he does have a 325i and a Nissan 300ZX and an LC 6cyl. No harm asking !!

All the best.

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 1st August 2011 at 10:23.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:21   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Speak with Raj at Performance, Noida. He has extensive knowledge about cars and special imports. Maintains things like Lotus Espirit too for customers.
Old 4th August 2011, 15:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Thats a nice find. Its Nagaland registered 1st generation Pajero..

V6 petrol. It must be very peppy. I really envy you man.

and yeah Congratulations.

PS: Do check the papers, as two things are very shady in India at the moment. Gun license and Vehicle Registration from north east.
Hey man congrats on the buy. Looks like a nice specimen.

But, I'd like to put in a word of caution here. As Sir Alec mentioned, do not trust NL regn numbers easily. To me the regn no. smells fishy. NL 03 is Tuensang district in Nagaland and IIRC, the "S" series regn no. has not yet been alloted officially. I might be wrong here, but it is somehow very very strange for a Mumbai vehicle to come all the way to Nagaland to register if everything is in order. Pls do check with your seller again as there are some ominous possibilities with the regn no. Sorry to be a dampner here though.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 4th August 2011 at 15:26.
Old 6th August 2011, 17:13   #11
BHPian

@ WANDERER thank you for heads up i shall confirm all that with the previous owner.

@Ricky: i have been trying to call Phil but he doesn't respond to his cell phone ( the no. that i got from the link u gave me)
can you please give me his contact no.
Old 6th August 2011, 18:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

LOL well the NOT picking up the phone is an issue we all are looking at answers for LOL Just write to him at his email philippos.matthai@gmail.com

Hope that helps

Mods : Hope posting of an email id is not a problem, if so please delete

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 6th August 2011 at 18:33.
Ricky_63 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 21:08   #13
BHPian

Hi! KokosaM3 .I am not aware of NL03 with S series .please get it varified.
Old 5th January 2013, 13:48   #14
BHPian

So after one half years of inefficient and passive search of the parts and getting the best answer of what was wrong took a chance and ordered an ECU from london and the Pajero is back on road. also figured out the there is no S series even in the RC book it was previous owners driver who made a mistake of getting the series on license plate.
also would like to open the forum for overhauling the ride.
Old 13th January 2013, 18:44   #15
BHPian

Great !! looking forward to your Overhaulin' .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks