Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2011, 13:03   #31

Re: Nissan X Trail Or Grand Vitara?

This is not regarding which one is better suited for you. But as my Dad owns a 2nd hand X-Trail (2003 model, 140000 kms as of today),which I drive a bit, i'll share my 2 bits about the vehicle.Firstly, check the suspension, the struts in our vehicle need replacement.Second, our X-trail had this problem where the ecu switched automatically to limp mode every morning but would get out of it once we shut off and turned the ignition again. I'm guessing something to do with the fuel pressure regulator/ electricals. This is quite common among the 2003 vehicles so if possible make sure it isn't there in the 2008 one you're looking at. Also from our experience, Nissan, atleast in Bombay doesn't have the best trained technicians. Now coming to the good part, the vehicle drives/ handles exceptionally and we've found the accelaration especially really good. The seating position, ingress, egress too is good. This makes long highway drives really good. We haven't really used the vehicle in off-road conditions as far as i know.
keenan_bachoog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 20:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan X Trail Or Grand Vitara?

If the GV diesel had launched - there would be a lot of publicity for the same. They are not going to do a secretive launch !!

The other thing about fuel efficiency & difference of petrol diesel...well, coming from a respected member I am a little surprised.

Any diesel vs petrol. Diesel gives better mileage per liter & more torque. So which would you choose ??

If & when - sorry I stand corrected. When GV is launched in diesel (provided it is adequately powerful) it WILL sell - mark my words. Unless ofcourse Mr. Bhargava decides that getting a engine from Fiat for the GV is unviable..it shall be his loss & that of MSIL

MSIL in today's paper has clearly said that they are not increasing capacity of the diesel engine plant (too much investment & erratic fuel pricing policy) so they are going to source it from the Mothership - FIAT !!!!!!
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed