Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2012, 16:47   #76

Hey Nitin thanx a lot much appreciate an early reply. Will be waiting for the exact dimensions and latest photos over the weekend. And will trouble you again incase any other info req.I'm in Chandigarh so spoken to a couple of scrap dealers about the seats but dint buy them yet as wanted to confirm once before putting in the money. As they are quoting 7-8 G.

Cheers
Old 10th October 2012, 16:53   #77
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Crde - home at last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNPILOT View Post
9.Could I also know the appx legroom and headroom above the tallest Gentleman I beleive David as I myself am 6'1" n all in the family are pretty tall too.

Karan
Im 5'11
These seats are very good.
I have front facing seats too which we got moded which folds and flip over, they are no where close to these inova seats. GO for them with your eyes closed.
Old 10th October 2012, 18:41   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
@niting_80 : have you modded the shotgun seat to go up and forward for easy ingress and egress of rear passengers or do they still have to use the rear hatch ?
Hi @niks_devil666, no modifications to the shotgun seat. Getting out from the front isn't much of a problem anyway for a reasonably flexible person. ..
Old 10th October 2012, 18:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Nitin thanx a lot much appreciate an early reply. Will be waiting for the exact dimensions and latest photos over the weekend. And will trouble you again incase any other info req.I'm in Chandigarh so spoken to a couple of scrap dealers about the seats but dint buy them yet as wanted to confirm once before putting in the money. As they are quoting 7-8 G.

Cheers
Please feel free to ask me anything about the vehicle anytime you like. Will try to answer the rest of your questions hopefully by this weekend.

Sorry dint notice you were from Chandigarh, I got my seats for 4k and the condition was fairly decent.
7k-8k does sound a bit expensive, maybe 6k could be reasonable if they are almost brand new..

Last edited by nitin_80 : 10th October 2012 at 18:50. Reason: ...
Old 10th October 2012, 19:40   #80

Thanx a lot davids4x4mm550 I think I'v finally made up my mind after all your opinions to go ahead with it. Nitin if I don't get a good deal will probably fly across to Mumbai n pick em up if the difference is actually double. Will try and bargain here too though. But the guy giving for 7gs was saying the condition is about all right as they were in his godown.Can you please tell me how long is the drive time from CSI airport to this place. Will I be able to do it in about 2 Hrs.

Thanx
Old 11th October 2012, 10:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Nitin if I don't get a good deal will probably fly across to Mumbai n pick em up if the difference is actually double....
Since you are in NCR, I suggest you to search in Mayapuri and if it is not available there, make a trip to Meerut starting very early in the morning. You should get those in either of these places, but yes you need to spend some time.
Old 11th October 2012, 10:36   #82

Thanks a lot Kandisa will check out in Mayapuri. Going to Bombay is easier for me than going to Merut as I'm an airline Pilot and am in Bom often with a stop over of 1-2 Hrs. Hence I wanted to know if it is possible to reach the CST-Kurla place and back in about n hour or hour and a half. And would this place be closed on a Sunday?Much appreciate it.

Cheers
Old 11th October 2012, 13:19   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Kandisa will check out in Mayapuri. Going to Bombay is easier for me than going to Merut as I'm an airline Pilot and am in Bom often with a stop over of 1-2 Hrs. Hence I wanted to know if it is possible to reach the CST-Kurla place and back in about n hour or hour and a half. And would this place be closed on a Sunday?Much appreciate it.

Cheers
This place should not take you more than 10 minutes from the Domestic airport during non peak hours (just 2-3 kms away). I dont think its likely to be closed on Sundays though I am not too sure. Will try to find that out and let you know if possible.

P.S - Sorry, you have mentioned CSI airport (international), now that can take you from anywhere to 20 min - 1 hr depending on what time/ day you plan to go there.

Last edited by nitin_80 : 11th October 2012 at 13:21. Reason: ..
Old 11th October 2012, 23:04   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa
Since you are in NCR, I suggest you to search in Mayapuri and if it is not available there, make a trip to Meerut starting very early in the morning. You should get those in either of these places, but yes you need to spend some time.
Hey Kandisa I took your suggestion and was driving back from Chandigarh and decided to stopover at Mayapuri,thought will atleast check out the prices. The first guy I met said the seats will cost me 2500 for the set. I thought they must be in pretty bad shape so I had a look at them and they were emaculate. I offered him 2000 n he agreed. The denter outside asked for 1200 to install them I said 1000 and he agreed so the entire job for 3000 is I think a steal.
Buddy thanx a lot for the suggestion if you hadn't suggested I probably would be flying to Bombay. I have the persons number so incase anyone requires I can pass it on. Now that I'm active on BHP will catchup.
I'v got it done slightly differently to Nitin and am also getting the original innova locks fitted on the floor as I thought on bumpy roads rear passengers will pbbly be jumping around otherwise. Will post some pics after it is all done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_80
This place should not take you more than 10 minutes from the Domestic airport during non peak hours (just 2-3 kms away). I dont think its likely to be closed on Sundays though I am not too sure. Will try to find that out and let you know if possible.

P.S - Sorry, you have mentioned CSI airport (international), now that can take you from anywhere to 20 min - 1 hr depending on what time/ day you plan to go there.
Hey Nitin thanx a lot for all your advice I got a set from Mayapuri this eve. Details in my earlier post. Will post some photos shortly.

Cheers
Old 12th October 2012, 10:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..so the entire job for 3000 is I think a steal.
Oh man, thats not steal, it is freaking daylight robbery..!!! Amazing deal you have got there. Guess what, when i was searching, that time there was only one or two sets available in mayapuri and those were in pretty bad condition. So finally picked a decent set from Meerut and the amount i paid for seat alone is higher than the total cost incurred by you. Just make sure the installation is ok, workmanship of mayapuri folks are always doubtful.

Quote:
Buddy thanx a lot for the suggestion if you hadn't suggested I probably would be flying to Bombay.
No issues, glad to know it helped you. And mayapuri is probably the most well known place for people like us who are living with old jeeps!

Quote:
..also getting the original innova locks fitted on the floor as I thought on bumpy roads rear passengers will pbbly be jumping around otherwise. Will post some pics after it is all done.
Do please post those pics as i also would be interested in those locks.
Old 17th October 2012, 13:39   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Kandisa I took your suggestion and was driving back from Chandigarh and decided to stopover at Mayapuri,thought will atleast check out the prices. The first guy I met said the seats will cost me 2500 for the set. I thought they must be in pretty bad shape so I had a look at them and they were emaculate. I offered him 2000 n he agreed. The denter outside asked for 1200 to install them I said 1000 and he agreed so the entire job for 3000 is I think a steal.
Buddy thanx a lot for the suggestion if you hadn't suggested I probably would be flying to Bombay. I have the persons number so incase anyone requires I can pass it on. Now that I'm active on BHP will catchup.
I'v got it done slightly differently to Nitin and am also getting the original innova locks fitted on the floor as I thought on bumpy roads rear passengers will pbbly be jumping around otherwise. Will post some pics after it is all done.

Hey Nitin thanx a lot for all your advice I got a set from Mayapuri this eve. Details in my earlier post. Will post some photos shortly.

Cheers
Thats a fantastic deal you've struck, congrats!!.
Yes, do post pictures of the set up once completed though I won't benefit much from it as I have planned to sell off my thar due to some personal reasons..:(
Old 17th October 2012, 14:09   #87

Quote:
Thats a fantastic deal you've struck, congrats!!.
Yes, do post pictures of the set up once completed though I won't benefit much from it as I have planned to sell off my thar due to some personal reasons..:(
Hey Nitin one of my cousins is planning to buy the Thar if you like you can pm me with the detail and I can forward. Sad the pioneer of rear Innova seats in Thar won't be a Thar member anymore but do keep in touch.

Cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th October 2012 at 15:49. Reason: Note Inline
Old 17th October 2012, 16:03   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Nitin one of my cousins is planning to buy the Thar if you like you can pm me with the detail and I can forward. Sad the pioneer of rear Innova seats in Thar won't be a Thar member anymore but do keep in touch.

Cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
I have posted the ad on tbhp which is still awaiting approval from the moderators. The ad has all the details, I am also sending you a pm meanwhile.
Pioneer!!....I will definitely be back with another thar sometime in future, till then I will have to make do with reading about it on tbhp.

P.S - I can't see the option to pm you, probably since you have a few more posts to move from Newbie -> Member.

Last edited by nitin_80 : 17th October 2012 at 16:07. Reason: ...
Old 17th October 2012, 20:49   #89

Quote:
I have posted the ad on tbhp which is still awaiting approval from the moderators. T
=======
P.S - I can't see the option to pm you, probably since you have a few more posts to move from Newbie -> Member.
Ok can you direct me where to look for the ad. As for PM Iv had pms in the past as Iv been a member on tbhp since 2007. Will try and search for the ad myself too.
Old 18th October 2012, 14:30   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Ok can you direct me where to look for the ad. As for PM Iv had pms in the past as Iv been a member on tbhp since 2007. Will try and search for the ad myself too.
The ad hasnt been made visible yet, should probably appear today. If you can share your email id I can mail you the details with pics.

Regards,
Nitin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks